Union Pacific Operations Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Union Pacific Operations Manager Interview Questions

3.1

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Union Pacific (El Paso, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

I interviewd with the Sr. HR director insividual was pleaseant and had a structured interview process, gave handoutson the training lengths locations I would possibly be working in. Answered all of my questions.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work for UP   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Union Pacific

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Union Pacific.

Interview

I applied through university. I then attended the career fair and was told to attend a meeting where they provide background on company. Scheduled an interview for the next day. The interview was a 1-1 interview (behavioral). the process after that takes awhile. I didn't hear back until 2 months later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you witnessed an employee doing something unsafe. What did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Union Pacific (Corvallis, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

It went well, it was a phone interview and conducted professionally. I never heard anything back from them however. I did not follow up after the interview because there was more moving than I was comfortable with but it was still rather unexpected to not even receive an email with a thank you but no.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Union Pacific (Roseville, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Process:
    - Apply at career fair with handing in a resume'
    - Attend information night to solidify interest
    - 1:1 interview with HR manager of local office (STAR method required, all "tell me about a time when...")
    - Management test, 4 hours, easy
    - 2nd interview (not had yet)
    - projected offer

Interview Questions

• How did you gain approval from a team you were a part of?
      What was your biggest mistake?
      Define Leadership.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Union Pacific (Austin, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

The interviewer was not very organized and the interview itself did not have a format like most companies have. I was essentially a description of the job and asked me if I had any questions. The interview was quick but it was mainly me asking questions to keep the interview going. After the interview was done, the interviewer was very hard to get in touch with and did not do what he said he was going to do. We scheduled meeting days and the interviewer would not show up and would not answer emails or phone calls. Overall a disappointing experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Union Pacific? Will you be willing to relocate?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Interview

Be sure to tailor your resume appropriately. If your resume is adequate you will receive an invitation to attend a hiring event. Click on the invitation and select the date and location where you wish to attend. If you get through that interview you will be called for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Prepare at least 5 unique facts about yourself and 5 unique facts about the company.   Answer Question

Operation Manager Interview

Interview

I got an email saying that I was invited to the interviewing process. When you get to the interview site the interviewer gives a short presentation. Then take four test that take about four hours. two of the tests are personality profiles. The test were not that bad. As for the interview it was pretty basic. They ask you situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Over the past week when have you incorporated safety into your daily routine   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Union Pacific in September 2013.

Interview

Online application, followed by two interviews. First interview was at a hotel with a mix of current employees and new applicants. Two written tests and a personality assessment along with the first actual interview. Fairly standard interview questions,emphasis on safety and leadership, highlight these experiences if you have them. Whole process was about a half a day or so. Second interview was at the regional he, more intimate with a panel of six people or so, made up of the regional Vice President, HR director, and some other high up folks.

Interview Questions

• Nothing way outside the box, be prepared to answer situational questions about leadership and safety   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much room to negotiate, they have a cap, even if you are experienced, however, the money comes later.they send you an offer letter if they want you and you either accept or decline.

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Union Pacific.

Interview

One interview at school, invited to interview in Omaha, but declined.

Interview Questions

• Must take a required skills/knowledge test during interview   Answer Question

Too much travel

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Union Pacific (San Antonio, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

The interview was more like a conversation, the only weird thing was how they rate you right in front of you. Overall, the interviewer was friendly. Also, the questionnaire packets that you have to fill out take at least 4 hours.