Union Pacific Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Union Pacific Systems Engineer Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Union Pacific (Omaha, NE) in August 2015.

Interview

After applying online, I was required to take an online "assessment test" that takes about an hour and is half timed IQ test, and half personality questions - Strongly agree, agree, ect questions.

About a month later, I had a first round call to check that my resume was correct, and my background at least somewhat relevant to the position, as well as confirm I had passed the IQ test.

A more formal technical question phone session with 3 people was set up for the next week. I felt they spent more time asking the standard / required UP questions, than things that were more relevant to the position. - What few technical questions were asked were such low level things i hadn't committed them to memory, it was the type of thing you would google in 2 seconds.
The hiring manager was out of town week following the interview, so I expected a delayed follow up. I'm yet to hear back 3 &1/2 weeks later, and wish I had followed up sooner.

Interview Questions

• Whats the command to pull up the task manager in Linux? What's the command to get a result form an SQL database. (sql exp is on my resume)

IQ test questions are of the type of: you have 11 blocks, 4 reds, 3 blues, 3 yellows and 1 purple. all same color blocks are touching each other. If the first block is red, and the last block is yellow, what positions could the purple block be in? (Not sure if this is actually solvable, this is a made up example)   Answer Question
  • Other IQ examples were - if you drew this triangle shape[given in test] on a paper, then transposed it across the X axis, then the Y axis then rotated it 180 degrees would i t look like A,B,C, or D[given in test].   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Union Pacific

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Union Pacific.

Interview

Relevant work experience
    Demonstrate the skills needed for job
    leadership skills