Uniqlo Manager In Training Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Uniqlo Manager In Training Interview Questions

Interviews at Uniqlo

2.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Uniqlo (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

Long process many interviews. A lot of questions asked. Phone interview, skype, group panel, role playing. The role playing was really tricky. You have to figure out the best scenarios for the store. Be prepared to be there long.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Uniqlo

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Uniqlo in November 2012.

Interview

I interviewed in late November, 2012. It was a group interview, conducted via Skype. The Group interview format seemed to be inappropriate given the question content -- especially the "case-based" question toward the end of the interview, where the first interviewee chosen to answer is at a clear disadvantage, while the last one to respond can essentially learn from other's mistakes.

Interview Questions

• I want to find out how many jeans UNIQLO sold worldwide last year. What are 2 pieces of information I would need in order to find out?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Uniqlo (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

The company frames the Manager in Training (MIT) program and position as one that will be geared towards an entrepreneurial candidate who must have leadership qualities and great drive. Because of this, I got very excited about the prospect of working with the company.

However, I soon learned that leadership and entrepreneurial ability is exactly the OPPOSITE of what Uniqlo is looking for in the MIT program. When the recruiter informed me over the phone of his decision on my candidacy, he told me that the company is looking for applicants who the company "can break down."

I must say, though, that overall I was treated cordially and well throughout the interview and application process.

Interview Questions

• What are you most proud of after completing your degree at your university?   Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Uniqlo.

Interview

So far have only done the first process. Was an interview with another candidate and one interviewer. The interview itself was pretty straightforward -- tell me about yourself, a time when you faced a challenge, those kinds of things.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uniqlo (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Pretty standard. I think the previous people explained the interview process pretty well.

If you're applying not through On-Campus Recruitment, you won't have to complete the YouTube video. You're interview will consist of three rounds: 1.) Skype interview with the regional recruiter, 2.) group interview in San Francisco or New York City, and 3.) one-on-one with executive recruiters.

The first step is pretty much all behavioral questions. Typical questions like: describe a challenging situation with your supervisor and how you resolved it, can you demonstrate that you're customer focused, etc. The interview is thirty-minutes long. Make sure to focus on leadership, team work, and customer service (a MUST).

If you're selected for the next round, the recruiter will schedule a short phone conversation with you to go over the case. Note that this is NOT an interview. He/ she will just tell you what you need to know - not a competitive interview, so work together; know what an income statement is; etc.

The group interview was not as stressful as I expected. All of my fellow interviewees were friendly. And you have to be friendly because UNIQLO values team-work. I even had dinner with my case mates afterwards! We worked together on the underperforming store case. Mind you, we worked TOGETHER throughout - from the case planning to answering the questions. It's fine to disagree, but note that you don't want to disagree for the sake of disagreeing. The case was really simple, but keep in mind that thirty-five minutes is NOT a lot of time.

Tip: Make sure to cover all points of the case! Don't get lost on the most obvious problem.

The last step I didn't get to. I was rejected after the group interview with a very uninformative e-mail from the New York recruiter even though I have NEVER met with her. I thought that was classless.

They did explain after the group interview that it would have been an all day interview with the executive recruiters from San Francisco and New York. The interview with the recruiters will be short - around fifteen to thirty minutes. However, you will be taken to a local UNIQLO store to shadow a manager. Keep in mind that you will observed with your conversation with the store manager.

My interview experience was neutral. It was a simple interview with very friendly people. What I didn't like was that it's pretty OBVIOUS who they were going to ask for the next round in the case interview. But I am glad that I didn't get the position in the end because I really didn't like the whole concept of moving every year.

Interview Questions

• How many pairs of jeans did UNIQLO sell last year. You can ask me three questions.   Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Uniqlo in January 2014.

Interview

The interview was a group interview, about 12 people in total. They had us split in two groups where we looked over a case study (A struggling Uniqlo Store in Chicago) and what needed to be done to fix it.

Interview Questions

• What would be the first thing you would do in the store?   Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uniqlo.

Interview

Online Application
    Group Assessment

I got rejected with a very generic email after the group assessment because they supposedly chose to go for another candidate whose qualifications matched the position a bit more closely.

The website mentions a training in Japan. This won't happen according to the HR officers. The training will take place in the location you will eventually get to chose if you're hired. There is no extra training in Japan.

Interview Questions

• The second stage after the online application is a group assessment in their offices. There were no one-to-one interviews or questions asked directly to the candidate, which was rather disappointing. There was no chance to talk about our experiences, credentials and motivations. The "interview" was simply a presentation of Uniqlo (which is basically all the information you can find in their annual reports) and a group activity. The group activity revolved around a store failing case. The group had about half and hour to discuss the factors and elaboate solutions.   1 Answer

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Uniqlo (London, England (UK)) in April 2011.

Interview

I sent a CV and a not very good cover letter but soon received an e-mail for an interview in London with my expenses covered. It was a group session with three interviewers and 5 interviewees. They asked basic questions like why uniqlo and why would we choose you and I realised that the applicants were pretty random. I failed the "where will you be in 5 years question", showing how uncetain and uncomfortable I was. I couldn't lie at that time

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Uniqlo in January 2013.

Interview

I applied online for the MIT programme in London. Less than a month after my application, I was contacted by e-mail for a first face to face interview. My interview was supposed to be with 1 HR and 1 operational manager, but only the operational manager was there for the interview.
    It was a standard interview, I was supposed to talk about my previous experiences anduse them to demonstrate specific qualities such as team working or leadership.

Interview Questions

• Everything was pretty standard - How did you manage people higher in the hierarchy than you?   Answer Question

Manager In Training Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Uniqlo in January 2012.

Interview

HR representative was very helpful and friendly. Interviewers were very unprofessional (did not show up for the first interview, rescheduled and second interviewer was more than 25mins late with NO apologies).