Uniqlo Usa Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated May 16, 2017

2.4

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Uniqlo Usa (San Francisco, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Fairly relaxed with 2 interviewers (1 from HR and other Store Manager) and it was an individual interview. They mostly asked relevant previous experience and behavioral / situational questions to gauge your personality. Also, understanding the Uniqlo brand and culture was important too.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a satisfying customer service experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Uniqlo Usa (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Online Application: easy, straightforward, requires cover letter and resume, was notified for interview the next day

Interview: in person, panel interview, 3 interviewees & 2 interviewers, casual, friendly, back of the store, be yourself

Notification: was notified offer of employment about an hour after my interview. they're really fast

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself & why Uniqlo   1 Answer

Part-time Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Uniqlo Usa (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

The HR Representative was prompt and on time to fetch myself, and the rest of the other candidates, from the break room. From there, we were given a paper for our availability, and they'll want you to be completely open on Saturdays and Sundays. Since our group was fairly small, we were only interviewed in groups of 2. The HR Representative was nice, attentive, and seemed to be genuinely interested in what we had to say.

I received an email from HR almost an hour later stating I made it to the Final Round. I haven't gone yet.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a difficult position in your life, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uniqlo Usa (Emeryville, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email a couple of days later. I came into the store the following week with my resume. Interview occured in their management office. Interview was 1:1 with the current store manager. It was a fast process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Uniqlo Usa (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

It was about a 10 minute call, randomly in the middle of the day, totally caught me off guard but she was friendly and engaging. Haven't heard back about a second interview yet. I'll update when I get the chance. It seemed like we were just having a conversation, not the stress of a real interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about what you're up to, have you ever worked in a team setting, Why do you want to work in retail?   Answer Question

Uniqlo Manager Candidate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Uniqlo Usa (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

There are three rounds to the interview process, response time to when you first applied to getting a call back varies. I received an email within the week whereas the girl in my group interview had applied months ago.
    The first round is a group interview, I had one other girl in my call, it was a skype interview. Nothing terrible, just background checks and standard questions like why UNIQLO and what do you hope for in the job you land. It's a little boring listening to another person answer questions, I don't really understand why this part of the interview process needed to be a multiple candidate interview.
    The second round is also a group interview but in the UNIQLO headquarters in San Francisco. This is a case interview formatting, so they split the group into two, we had two members whereas the other team had three. I'm not quite sure if you're pitted against each other/if one team gets selected to go to the third round but my partner and I both got called back. Anyways, they give you the scenario of a failing store and tell you to fix it with a specific timeline and numbers. Obviously, you can't be super exact with numbers since you have no idea how much this all costs but they just want to see that you're cognizant of how much you're spending/not spending for no reason. They spend some time before this part talking about the company and their values so just try to make sure your reasoning lines up with those values.
    The third round you're in a room with three interviewers. One management local to the area, one from another part of the US (so they're skyping in) and one from their Japan chain. You'll have to talk about why UNIQLO and why retail. Also, they'll ask you about one of the toughest situations you've been in. It can be a little intimidating because you're in a glass room you have three sets of eyes on you at all times but the questions are manageable.

Also, if you're not from the area, they'll fly you in but once you're in the city you have to get around on your own. Which isn't terrible for San Francisco but I imagine would be a little bit of a nightmare for places where public transportation isn't as accessible or cheap.

Interview Questions

• What was something you failed at and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Uniqlo Usa (San Francisco, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Quick process. Just one group interview. There were 4 of us and 4 interviewers. The interviewers took turns to asked us all a question, and we would all answer them one at a time. The questions weren't too difficult.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond if someone asked how the clothes looked on them and the clothes were not flattering?   1 Answer

UMC Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Uniqlo Usa (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

they asked me 3 questions (same as they ask everyone) super easy. There were 2 people interviewing me (one HR and one Area Manager). The atmosphere was very strict and simple. They didn't allow you very much time to express too much, you just answer the question and they move on. Took about 15-20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time you needed to confront a teammate about an issue to resolve the over teamwork environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Uniqlo Usa (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got an e-mail that night saying I was invited to an interview. I went to the headquarters and there were three other applicants and three interviewers. The interviewers were very friendly and asked us simple questions and asked us if we had any of our own. I got an email offering me the job later that week.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Uniqlo?   1 Answer
    • What was a time you gave good customer service?   1 Answer
    • What was a time you had to work in a team?   1 Answer

Supervisor In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Uniqlo Usa (San Francisco, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

It was in the middle of the mall. A few questions and that was it. I met up with the HR manager at the time. Who then led me to the Store Manager. The store manager did the interview. 5 questions and that was about it.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got an email verifying my pay amount. I had to send a confirmation email to get started with the back ground check. In about a week I had my orientation.