Unisys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Unisys Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2017

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Unisys in January 2017.

Interview

I had a 30-minute technical interview over the phone before being invited to an on-site interview, which I declined. The recruiter was pushy and aggressive every time we spoke, which gave a very bad impression of the company. My phone interview was conducted by two new hires who were waiting on government clearances, so they had not actually done any work for the company yet. I questioned why they were screening candidates using individuals who had not yet proven themselves to be competent and effective employees. They were obviously unable to answer any questions I had about working at Unisys since they had not started working yet. This was by far the worst and most unprofessional interview experience I have ever had.

Interview Questions

• The questions were focused on terminology (i.e. "what is overriding in Java?"). There were no problem-solving questions.   Answer Question

Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Unisys (Redmond, WA).

Interview

Very matter of fact, to the point. Would not let me write down thoughts to help remember things. Was strict and emphasizing on customer service while being short and terse with me.

Interview Questions

• Make a list of the most important to the least important things in a person's job.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Unisys (Blue Bell, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth. A phone screen followed by two in person interview rounds. All of the interviewers were very prepared and professional, and provided excellent insight into the company and position. Very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were not in a leadership role and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Repoting Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Unisys (Blue Bell, PA) in April 2015.

Interview

Human Resources identified candidates within the first week of the job posting to speak to hiring manager. No discussion needed with HR screenings as this was for an internal position. Process is basically straight forward and mostly automated. Once applied HR called and set up a meeting with hiring manager to discuss the position.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Unisys (Rochester, NY).

Interview

I landed the interview through a career fair. The employer was looking for someone with networking and security skills. The employer reviewed my resume and asked me some screening questions and after that I landed the interview. The interview was schedule for the next day. The interview took place in the university itself.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Unisys (Roseville, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

I was really frustrated by the interview process at Unisys. I was given an incorrect time by the interview scheduler. She gave the time in PST (one of the interviewers was calling in from a different time zone) but named it CST and I even had the email to prove it to the interviewers however I was brushed aside without a second glance. One manager who came out to greet me was extremely rude.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Unisys (Rochester, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

There was a technical interview, a phone interview, and then an in person interview. They basically just asked a bunch of questions off of a script. The review was a paper exam and a type test, then the phone and in person interviews were just like script readings.

Stealth SME (Pre-Sales) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Unisys in July 2014.

Interview

Process was very strange. Was introduced through a recruiter. After talking to the recruiter, went quickly to talking to 5 different people in the company, one in person. They wanted to fly me out from the West Coast, so I made some schedule arrangements, but the company went dark. Didn't hear for 10 days. Then I was contacted for another interview with one of the same people (8th interview in the process). After that interview, heard nothing...even after reaching out. They went dark for a month.

Note that this was after filling out a number of forms for an application, references (they require 5), sales test, and IQ test.

Then, I get an email from another recruiter inside at Unisys, wanting to interview me for delivery of Stealth. I explained that I already went through a long, 8 interview process only for the company to go dark on me. This recruiter then explained that the other recruiter was for a different part of the business.

I would not have worked for this company if given an offer. Too many interviews, too slow of a process, too cumbersome. I can only imagine what it would be like to work for this company. Especially in sales. I would imagine people are having a tough time hitting targets if their customers have to go through the same slow, plodding process to get anything done with Unisys.

Interview Questions

• Basic Pre-Sales Engineering question. If you understand being an SE, there is nothing surprising.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Unisys.

Interview

Applied online

Interview Questions

• No question was really more difficult. General questions.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Interview

It was the first-round on-campus interview after the job fair. I got their call several afters after the job fair. The interview questions are mainly behavior questions, very specific. They pay more attention on the programming languages and I think that C is the most important.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of questions about the projects I did, very specific.   Answer Question