Unisys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Unisys Interview Questions

Updated Jan 15, 2018

2.7

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Unisys (Plano, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by Unisys for an interview after they saw my LinkedIn profile. I had a preliminary interview with their recruiter, then an interview with the hiring manager, an interview with an individual related to the job I was applying for, and finally an interview with the Vice President of the business unit. Each interview was about an hour long, with the final interview being a face-to-face over lunch. Unisys were incredibly relaxed in the process, they asked excellent questions about my experience and how I'd handled situations. They asked about my goals for growth (which told me they care about career succession!) and they gave me a peek into life at Unisys. They were clear and upfront on the benefits, which are great. After I joined, I felt they'd been 100% accurate in their descriptions of Unisys and that there were no surprises.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation in which you needed to develop and launch a new business process   1 Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blue Bell, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Unisys (Blue Bell, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview processed consisted of three phone interviews. The first one was with the HR rep, the second with another HR rep, and a third with a group of actual employees in the department. The last interview was an in person interview in HQ in Blue Bell, PA

Windows Server IA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hill AFB, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Unisys (Hill AFB, UT) in November 2015.

Interview

Easy interview, met with the Unisys Program manager and 3 Civilians from the Windows Server IA team. PM asked lots of questions about getting along with others in a team environment, to make sure personalities didn't conflict. One off the wall question was "Is it OK to lose?" The 3 others asked more specific questions about knowledge of servers, change requests and STIG's.

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Unisys (Augusta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

applied online didn't hear anything back. dropped off resume in person. got a call back next day. arranged 1st interview the following day. passed that then went to 2nd interview with team manager and L2 Representative.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult customer   1 Answer

Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Unisys (Redmond, WA).

Interview

Very matter of fact, to the point. Would not let me write down thoughts to help remember things. Was strict and emphasizing on customer service while being short and terse with me.

Interview Questions

• Make a list of the most important to the least important things in a person's job.   Answer Question

Interview

The interview is just what will you do scenario questions with the "SME" subject master expert and the team lead. The interviews takes about 30 to 45 mins, Dress is casual

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Unisys (Malvern, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

I took the Septa Regional Rail to Malvern, and was then picked up from the station after a bit of waiting. The actual interview was fairly easy. There were no technical questions, and the interviewer spent more time talking about the company, position, and project (STEALTH) more than they asked me questions. There were only a few behavioral questions. I was then given a tour of the facility.

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Unisys (New York, NY).

Interview

I met with the actual manager of the account and discussed my qualifications. It was pretty straight forward. Which operating systems did I know? What computer vendor hardware did I know? Did I have A+ certification?

Interview Questions

• The customer says that the computer crashes frequently throughout the day. How do you troubleshoot it?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Unisys.

Interview

Ridiculous. I was interviewed by the (then) SDM who was on his last three weeks and was still using Windows XP on his corporate laptop. The Enterprise Manager was a joke but UNISYS does not attract good management with experience in the areas they manage.

Big Data Visualizer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Unisys (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

One in person panel interview.
    Begining of interview got the opportunity to talk about my experience/projects, and what I am possibly what set me apart from other candidates. I was able to convey passion for getting better daily and also being a closer as far as knocking out tasks, as I have worked with brilliant people who constantly miss deadlines as they over think / engineer a solution, or rather research than work...

Was able to establish a lot of credibility and became more of a conversation than an interview. I really appreciate that the interview wasn't scripted and the two people on my interview were very senior and current if not cutting edge.

Ended with me coding two different methods using the same data set and I wouldn't want to work anywhere that didn't ask candidates to code.

Of course I got opportunity to ask questions:
    I asked about their pain points as far as new hires and contractors, so i could make a great impression right away if I got the job.
    I asked about introducing new tech stack, and how they prototype
    I asked if they had client facing time albeit presenting or gathering requirements