Unisys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Unisys Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2017

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Unisys in February 2015.

Interview

Very casual and easy. The hiring manager called me up to talk about what I wanted to do before graduation and after the phone conversation he said he wanted to talk to me in person.

In person interview was very easy. No standard technical questions. Just asked what I had done in previous projects and at school. I just was asked standard HR questions. The most technical question I was asked was what was my favorite programming language and why. I didn't go into a lot of detail before they were satisfied.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you had to work on a time and describe the challenges   Answer Question

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Unisys (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2015.

Interview

Simple. some basic troubleshooting questions and the standard customer service questions.
    Came into front desk area, greeted and met with a manager from one of the projects though not from one i was going to be on.

Interview Questions

• How to troubleshoot a network   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Unisys.

Interview

multiple round of interviews, took the interview as per the scheduled time.They make the candidate comfortable first before starting the interview process.Interview process is very quick they completed all rounds in a single day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was as much as i asked

Service Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Unisys (Augusta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview process, is three phases, Recruiter, Manager, Operation Manager
    Questions were asked in reference to knowledge of computers, call center, and situation questions
    Background checks and security clearance checks were done and are mandatory

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Unisys (Greenville, SC) in January 2015.

Interview

Three phone interviews. I had an intial phone screenng with a lead architect followed by two additional phone interviews with a manager and a director. I was asked a lot of difficult hypothetical questions.

L1 Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Unisys (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2015.

Interview

Easy and hard. Easy because they are always desperate for people so the interview is really hard to fail. Hard because it took a few calls to remind them that they were supposed to interview me at this time or that time. They constantly missed interview appointments. Took me about 3 weeks from the day that I got the first interview until I walked through the door ready to work for them. Probably took almost 5 weeks from when I applied just to get in there. Very long process, very unnecessary. HR needs a lot of fixing.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you got a call and the person said they cannot connect to the internet?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Unisys.

Interview

Worked through a recruiter for interview. Recruiter did a great job of polishing up my resume and preparing it for the interview. The interview process went very smoothly, answering the questions from the interviewees (3 in all) thoroughly with examples from my previous experiences; however, hiring manager read my shortcomings like an open book: commuting distance was going to be my major hurdle, over 2 hour one-way.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to commute to work from where you are at?   1 Answer

It was a contract-to-hire position with an 18 month duration. Moreover, the position required a lot of overtime, which maybe a little inconvenient since the commute between work and home was over 2-hours one-way.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Unisys.

Interview

Called by a representative over the phone that basically had no clue who i was to setup a interview date/time, Interviewed with someone in person and was called back later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This is what you will be making... Would you like the job?

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Unisys (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2014.

Interview

It was short and to the point. They asked if I had any call center experience. They did not seem too interested at first since I had to tell them no. They have an attitude that if you don't fit their exact mold you don't get in.

Interview Questions

• How many years have you worked in a call center environment?   1 Answer

Storage Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Unisys in November 2014.

Interview

The process consisted of 3 phone interviews. The first with a recruiter was a review of resume and ensuring they had all of the information correct. Then the recruiter coordinated the later interviews. The first was with the hiring manager to get a personality feel and to verify some specific technical experience on resume and to get some personal background information. The final interview was very technical conducted with the team I would be hired into. It is unscripted and typically an expert in a particular area would ask questions to determine familiarity. As detailed as specific technical screens or processes and as general as describing basic technical concepts related to the job.

Interview Questions

• Asked about background to verify resume   1 Answer