Unisys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 6, 2017

2.7

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Unisys (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2014.

Interview

It was short and to the point. They asked if I had any call center experience. They did not seem too interested at first since I had to tell them no. They have an attitude that if you don't fit their exact mold you don't get in.

Interview Questions

• How many years have you worked in a call center environment?   1 Answer

Storage Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Unisys in November 2014.

Interview

The process consisted of 3 phone interviews. The first with a recruiter was a review of resume and ensuring they had all of the information correct. Then the recruiter coordinated the later interviews. The first was with the hiring manager to get a personality feel and to verify some specific technical experience on resume and to get some personal background information. The final interview was very technical conducted with the team I would be hired into. It is unscripted and typically an expert in a particular area would ask questions to determine familiarity. As detailed as specific technical screens or processes and as general as describing basic technical concepts related to the job.

Interview Questions

• Asked about background to verify resume   1 Answer

Technical Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Unisys (Rochester, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Two phone screens, background check, drug test, and a panel interview. Several candidates were brought in at once, and then given interviews with 2-3 managers. Phone screen covered mostly technical skills, and the same questions were asked each time. In person interview was focused on questions about soft skills, and experience.

Level II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Unisys (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2014.

Interview

Becoming an L2 was a 3 interview process. 1st is with other L2's, 2nd is with managers and 3rd is with the site director. The longest part is after the 3rd interview and waiting to hear.

Interview Questions

• if promoted what would be the first thing i would do   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Unisys.

Interview

Initially contacted by a company Recruiter; had a short conversation which led to a more indepth call a week later. I was then invited to attend onsight where I was interviewed by 1 Director, and 2 VP level interviews.

Interview Questions

• Based on the information provided, can you construct some predictive analysis that would include both financial and people information to yield a contingent staffing plan in the area of field techniciens.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Interesting.

Consultant IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Unisys (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

The interview consisted of two parts. First was a phone interview with HR. This was primarily used for screening purposes. The second interview consisted of a face to face with a Project Manager. The Project Manager mainly asks technical questions and probes information provided on your resume. The interview itself was straightforward with no surprise questions

Negotiation

It was my first job straight out of college right around the time of the 2008 collapse. I was grateful to obtain a job and had no idea how to negotiate

Senior Portfolio & Offering Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Unisys (Washington, DC) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview is all conducted over phone. The first round of interview/screening done by the recruiter and then a technical person also does the screening over phone. Second round of interviews are done by the VP of the group and which is not very stringent. There is a third round of interview done by some crazy group called 'world class architect' group who would spend an hour asking questions from PMI book. I was lucky to get all answers correctly answered as the interviewer acknowledged that. But it was a coincidence. It is ridiculous but that is what they do.

Enterprise Systems Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Unisys in August 2014.

Interview

It was actually VERY fast for me. I received a phone call (cold call) on a Tuesday inquiring upon my interest in the position. After I agreed, they scheduled an interview for the following week. I had an interview early on a Monday morning, that evening they made a decision. It was quite incredible.

A word of caution, if going through a third party (subcontractor) to Unisys, prepare to run the gamut. I had my start date delayed twice due to persons dragging their feet on checks and rechecks. After that, it was rather straight forward and quick to get started.

Interview Questions

• No curve balls, actually. Very straight forward. They actually respected hearing that if you don't know the answer to a question that you're not above "Googling it".   Answer Question

Pay rate, to go perm with Unisys, was not commensurate with my experience, skills and education. After my subcontract was over, I moved on.

Customer Engineer 6 Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Juan, PR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Unisys (San Juan, PR).

Interview

On the day of the interview there is one on one with the immediate supervisor and another one by phone with human resource out of state. They were clear that there would be collaboration with another team by phone.

Interview Questions

• Didn't felt there were any.They went right to the point.   Answer Question

Stealth SME (Pre-Sales) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Unisys in July 2014.

Interview

Process was very strange. Was introduced through a recruiter. After talking to the recruiter, went quickly to talking to 5 different people in the company, one in person. They wanted to fly me out from the West Coast, so I made some schedule arrangements, but the company went dark. Didn't hear for 10 days. Then I was contacted for another interview with one of the same people (8th interview in the process). After that interview, heard nothing...even after reaching out. They went dark for a month.

Note that this was after filling out a number of forms for an application, references (they require 5), sales test, and IQ test.

Then, I get an email from another recruiter inside at Unisys, wanting to interview me for delivery of Stealth. I explained that I already went through a long, 8 interview process only for the company to go dark on me. This recruiter then explained that the other recruiter was for a different part of the business.

I would not have worked for this company if given an offer. Too many interviews, too slow of a process, too cumbersome. I can only imagine what it would be like to work for this company. Especially in sales. I would imagine people are having a tough time hitting targets if their customers have to go through the same slow, plodding process to get anything done with Unisys.

Interview Questions

• Basic Pre-Sales Engineering question. If you understand being an SE, there is nothing surprising.   Answer Question