Unisys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Unisys Interview Questions

Updated Jan 15, 2018

2.7

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Unisys.

Interview

Initially contacted by a company Recruiter; had a short conversation which led to a more indepth call a week later. I was then invited to attend onsight where I was interviewed by 1 Director, and 2 VP level interviews.

Interview Questions

• Based on the information provided, can you construct some predictive analysis that would include both financial and people information to yield a contingent staffing plan in the area of field techniciens.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Interesting.

Consultant IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Unisys (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

The interview consisted of two parts. First was a phone interview with HR. This was primarily used for screening purposes. The second interview consisted of a face to face with a Project Manager. The Project Manager mainly asks technical questions and probes information provided on your resume. The interview itself was straightforward with no surprise questions

Negotiation

It was my first job straight out of college right around the time of the 2008 collapse. I was grateful to obtain a job and had no idea how to negotiate

Senior Portfolio & Offering Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Unisys (Washington, DC) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview is all conducted over phone. The first round of interview/screening done by the recruiter and then a technical person also does the screening over phone. Second round of interviews are done by the VP of the group and which is not very stringent. There is a third round of interview done by some crazy group called 'world class architect' group who would spend an hour asking questions from PMI book. I was lucky to get all answers correctly answered as the interviewer acknowledged that. But it was a coincidence. It is ridiculous but that is what they do.

Enterprise Systems Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Unisys in August 2014.

Interview

It was actually VERY fast for me. I received a phone call (cold call) on a Tuesday inquiring upon my interest in the position. After I agreed, they scheduled an interview for the following week. I had an interview early on a Monday morning, that evening they made a decision. It was quite incredible.

A word of caution, if going through a third party (subcontractor) to Unisys, prepare to run the gamut. I had my start date delayed twice due to persons dragging their feet on checks and rechecks. After that, it was rather straight forward and quick to get started.

Interview Questions

• No curve balls, actually. Very straight forward. They actually respected hearing that if you don't know the answer to a question that you're not above "Googling it".   Answer Question

Pay rate, to go perm with Unisys, was not commensurate with my experience, skills and education. After my subcontract was over, I moved on.

Customer Engineer 6 Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Juan, PR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Unisys (San Juan, PR).

Interview

On the day of the interview there is one on one with the immediate supervisor and another one by phone with human resource out of state. They were clear that there would be collaboration with another team by phone.

Interview Questions

• Didn't felt there were any.They went right to the point.   Answer Question

Stealth SME (Pre-Sales) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Unisys in July 2014.

Interview

Process was very strange. Was introduced through a recruiter. After talking to the recruiter, went quickly to talking to 5 different people in the company, one in person. They wanted to fly me out from the West Coast, so I made some schedule arrangements, but the company went dark. Didn't hear for 10 days. Then I was contacted for another interview with one of the same people (8th interview in the process). After that interview, heard nothing...even after reaching out. They went dark for a month.

Note that this was after filling out a number of forms for an application, references (they require 5), sales test, and IQ test.

Then, I get an email from another recruiter inside at Unisys, wanting to interview me for delivery of Stealth. I explained that I already went through a long, 8 interview process only for the company to go dark on me. This recruiter then explained that the other recruiter was for a different part of the business.

I would not have worked for this company if given an offer. Too many interviews, too slow of a process, too cumbersome. I can only imagine what it would be like to work for this company. Especially in sales. I would imagine people are having a tough time hitting targets if their customers have to go through the same slow, plodding process to get anything done with Unisys.

Interview Questions

• Basic Pre-Sales Engineering question. If you understand being an SE, there is nothing surprising.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Unisys (Boston, MA) in July 2014.

Interview

Over the phone interview with 2 different recruiters. Then in person interview with one of the sales managers. Then another follow up with one of the recruiters and then a job offer.

Associate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Unisys in June 2014.

Interview

Got called in for an interview about a week after applying online. Was a casual one on one interview with my would be manager. Just talked about what I'd be doing in my position and my past work experience/schooling. Got shown around the building and met some of the people I'd be working with if I got the job. Overall the interview went really well and I got an offer about a week later.

Interview Questions

• What experience/classes have you had that would be beneficial to this job?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I interviewed at Unisys (Irvine, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume to Unisys and I was called to set up an interview after a short conversation. The interview process was as follows: It started at 9 am and ended at 2 pm. There were 5 very knowledgable senior employees of Unisys who spoke to me and went through my resume to understand in detail everything I have presented on the resume. They explained to me about the company and asked me questions to see whether I am passionate to be a part of the team. Other than having a strong technical background, they seemed to prioritize a candidate with communication skills and one who can work well in a collaborative environment.

Interview Questions

• What was the easiest class you took and why? I was thrown off for some reason even though the question is very simple.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Unisys.

Interview

I sent my resume in and followed up with a phone call and email. It took several months to get the position I applied for but the communication was very good.