Unisys Interview Questions in Reston, VA | Glassdoor

2.7

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Unisys (Reston, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the recurring person, then I had a phone interview with my direct manager then I was made to come in and interview with 3 other people 1 whom I already interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• How do you go about when being assigned a writing assignment for a new Proposal   1 Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Unisys (Reston, VA).

Interview

The process was pretty streamlined and efficient. From the time first contact was made, it was 1 month until I started. That included the phone interview, face to face interview, pre-on-boarding process, and time to leave my previous company. I thought that the people selected as part of the interview process were the best people for it, as I work directly with or under the people I interviewed with. There were no extras that have no connection to the position as some of the other interviews I have been through.

Interview Questions

• I was asked: "How will you balance your workload here with you outside commitments and school, if necessary?"   Answer Question

Junior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Unisys (Reston, VA) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. More of a behavioral interview. The main part of the interview that everyone has to pass is the drug test. The hardest part of the interview process was dealing with their drug test agency that schedules your appointment. The agency messed up twice with my appointment.

Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Unisys (Reston, VA).

Interview

Hiring was easy and went through a typical interview with two people. That same evening I was offered the position and accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They presented the offer and I accepted.

Procurement Manager II, Reston, VA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Unisys (Reston, VA) in September 2012.

Interview

Initial contact was with Sr. Subcontracts Manager and Chief Procurement Officer. The interview was not difficult. We exchanged information regarding the contracts and subcontracts industry. Both the manager and the CPO explained the PM II position and really was trying to sell me on coming aboard. We discussed salary.

Interview Questions

• Immediately heard back from recruiter in Blue Bell that interview went well and they wanted to move forward with the background and OFFER process. I filled out the forms. I waited a week and contacted the recruiter regarding the status of the background and position. I was told my background wasn't completed and that the hiring manager was still interviewing and would make a selection the next week. I know that a background check only takes 3-7 days. Today, I received this e mail: "We have extended 2 job offers that have been accepted for the Procurement Manager II roles. The Reston hiring team enjoyed meeting with you and appreciate your skills, knowledge, and abilities. Your resume will remain on file for future opportunities there." I find their recruiting practices to be deceptive. Most companies have you fill out the background forms if they are going to make an offer, this was not the case with me. Word to the wise, don't waste your time filling out the forms unless you are sure you are going to be offered the position.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Unisys (Reston, VA) in November 2011.

Interview

Had three in-person interviews, mostly because I had lots of questions. Boss was extremely accommodating and most of the people I met with were very intelligent and polite. One was a jerk, but she was also very new and probably trying to prove herself. Have been nothing but impressed with the caliber of employees here. Very pleased with the company.

Interview Questions

• How many words are in a good sentence? This was asked by an absolute idiot who was rude. This is also incorrect and she insisted this was correct, despite having never been a writer professionally in her life (her admission). Oh well, just remember the answer I guess.   6 Answers

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Unisys (Reston, VA) in September 2009.

Interview

The company initially had a recruiter contact me. I had a series of interviews including a phone interview initially, then I met with representatives from the company on-site and finally had a final interview with the individual whom I would have worked for.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself making a contribution to the company in the future?   Answer Question
    • What skills and capabilities do you bring with you to the company?   Answer Question

The offer letter, when it was provided, did not cover the components we discussed earlier. When I asked about the differences, I was told the offer stands as it is. Thus, I was compelled to decline.