Unisys Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Unisys Interview Questions in Washington, DC

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Big Data Visualizer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Unisys (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

One in person panel interview.
    Begining of interview got the opportunity to talk about my experience/projects, and what I am possibly what set me apart from other candidates. I was able to convey passion for getting better daily and also being a closer as far as knocking out tasks, as I have worked with brilliant people who constantly miss deadlines as they over think / engineer a solution, or rather research than work...

Was able to establish a lot of credibility and became more of a conversation than an interview. I really appreciate that the interview wasn't scripted and the two people on my interview were very senior and current if not cutting edge.

Ended with me coding two different methods using the same data set and I wouldn't want to work anywhere that didn't ask candidates to code.

Of course I got opportunity to ask questions:
    I asked about their pain points as far as new hires and contractors, so i could make a great impression right away if I got the job.
    I asked about introducing new tech stack, and how they prototype
    I asked if they had client facing time albeit presenting or gathering requirements

Senior Portfolio & Offering Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Unisys (Washington, DC) in September 2014.

Interview

Interview is all conducted over phone. The first round of interview/screening done by the recruiter and then a technical person also does the screening over phone. Second round of interviews are done by the VP of the group and which is not very stringent. There is a third round of interview done by some crazy group called 'world class architect' group who would spend an hour asking questions from PMI book. I was lucky to get all answers correctly answered as the interviewer acknowledged that. But it was a coincidence. It is ridiculous but that is what they do.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Unisys (Washington, DC) in April 2012.

Interview

HR calls to verify related work experience and salary expectation; followed by a Technical Phone screen, and a final in person meeting contingent to security clearance and background check related to the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None, they gave me a good offer and I took it.

Manager III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Unisys (Washington, DC) in October 2009.

Interview

Multiple interviews with different managers, generally starts with a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe a time when I had to choose between an SLA and customer satisfaction. Which was most important and why.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They are very tight with their willingness to negotiate.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Unisys (Washington, DC) in May 2009.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter after posting resume on job site.
    Scheduled interview and received job description. Interviewed with team lead and team engineer. Relaxed interview discussing my skills and experience and what the position would involve. Also met with director of local office. Overall interview process was quick and relatively painless. Offer was received 2 days after interview and they expected a response asap.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your work with this software product.   1 Answer