United Airlines Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

United Airlines Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Feb 7, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

They used Hirevue for the interview. They have questions appear on the screen and then you answer them on video. take the practice questions to get used to the format. also, get in a well lit area and make sure you look like a flight attendant. the interview takes about 15 minutes. They asked 'What is a misconception that customers and coworkers have of you. - 'they think i never have a bad day because I'm always in a good mood, when actually i have bad days just like everyone else.' Keep your answers positive. You want them to see all the good that you have to offer. They asked 'Why do you want to be a flight attendant' - They know you want to travel. Thats also what everyone says... Stand out with a unique reason for wanting this job. 'I love people and have a passion for service. I love adventure and enjoy being able to blah blah blah.' The video interview was like 5 questions, the final one was 'tell us everything you know about united airlines.' They want to see if you are looking for a job or investing in a career. I memorized the wiki page on united. I answered with 'I know that you have hubs in Guam, Tokyo, NYC, DC, Houston, Chicago, Cincinnati, Denver, San Fransisco and LA. I know you are the largest employee owned company in the world. I know that you started in the 1920s as a crop dusting company. I know that you have merged and absorbed tons of airlines over the years including Wisconsin air, Arizona air and most recently continental. I know that you are the largest airline in the world with over 370 destinations. I know you are a founding member of the star alliance with 26 other airlines. (a few other facts) and i finished with 'i know your employees are happy.' I finished the interview and thought i did mediocre of a few of the questions, but felt good about the others. wasn't sure if id hear back.

Got to the willis tower at 8:20am (interview was at 9) made sure i know where i was going, etc. don't me late and get there w enough time to find your way around. there was other candidates hanging out in the lobby so i hung by them. jumped into conversation and they were amazing. Everyone there is wanting to do a good job, so they are all friendly. mix and mingle. it brings the nerves down. We went up and checked in. bring your resume. gave them the resumes, dropped bags and went into a conf room with about 25 people. They talked pay, hours and schedule, location. were all going to san fran right now. and gave time for questions. prepare a question or two. They called us one by one out of the group for our face to face private interview. I was called second our of 25, which was awesome! Got into the room with the nicest 4 people I've ever met. They were so amazing. The lady who was conducting my interview was incredible. I wish she was my mom. They want you to be your best, so they make the interview very calm and friendly. They had me read an announcement that was written on a piece of paper. They don't want you to read it, they want you to perform it. Read it the way the flight attendant on your last flight read it. Then they asked 6 questions.

The last question they say 'were gonna step out of the room for 30 seconds, think of 3 reasons why you would be a good fit.' They asked me to attend another interview with some of the higher-ups in the company. i came back at 12:45 and went into the conf room. There were 5 of us now. I found out then that we had another face to face interview, not a group deal where they offer us jobs. So i sat and talked with the other 4 candidates, got called into the meeting and sat with 3 gentlemen. They said 'the hard part is over, we just wanna get to know you a little better.' They asked me 'Why united over other airlines' I told them 'They are the largest, meaning that they have strong leadership and vision. I want to be part of something great, something i can give my life to. They went from a crop dusting company to the largest airline on earth. that says something. 2. everything I've read, people I've spoken with, say that the employees love united. blah blah.' They asked about my customer service philosophy. I told them that customer service and keeping customers happy is a means to an end. the end goal is making them loyal return customers. My philosophy is to do what it takes to make them continue to choose United. one of my references is a flight attendant, they asked me what he has told me about actually being a flight attendant. i told them he said its great and amazing and awesome, etc. then they sent me out of the room for 2 minutes, talked and called me back in. They asked me if i had any visible tattoos, which i do, and i told them that the policy states that they have to be covered, but are ok. and i have them, but they are not able to be seen. They then told me that id hear in 5-7 days if i was being invited to attend training. training is 5 weeks long and you aren't an official employee until you pass.

Interview Questions

• name a time you had a problem with a customer, what'd you do?   6 Answers
    • name a time when you had an issue with a coworker. how did you handle it, what was the outcome.   2 Answers
    • They asked if I was the lead FA and one of my crew didn't want to do their job, how would i handle it.   1 Answer
    • Name 3 reasons you are the fit for this job   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to be a flight attendant?   7 Answers

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at United Airlines (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied online and offered job interview next day.
    Too much detailed analytic questions for first interview. Job advertisement would be more specific than general definition. Interviewers were kind, tried to understand my interest area and skills.
    Next step would be offered take home exam and on side in class exam with oral interview with hiring department.

Interview Questions

• Asked statistical software code during first interview.   Answer Question

Bilingual Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

I just did my online video interview with United Airlines, some of the questions were asked during practice session. So start with practice session is really helpful and prepare yourself for the REAL interview session. And don't forget to complete the survey!

Interview Questions

• 1) How did your customer experience prepare you work as flight attendant? 2) How would you handle a difficult situation differently? 3) What language are you fluent in? 4) Describe a difficult task you handled 5) What would you describe United brand and how would you represent it? 6) Use your second language to describe how you would serve United.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

It was really simple, even traveling out of my city a whole day to do the interview. They were really concerned about how everyone was looking, the way we talked and the way we expressed with others.

Interview Questions

• Why would you choose United Airlines rather than Delta?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Very positive experience so far. Applied online October 12 and immediately received an email confirming my application. Two or three days later I received an email requesting me to do a video interview. I completed the video interview on the fifth day and did not feel I did well however I feel the purpose of the video interview is to just see you. I received an invitation for a face-to-face interview less than a week later. Tomorrow is my interview and I plan on arriving one hour early.

Interview Questions

• What previous skills have you acquired in your past jobs that would make you a good fit for a flight attendant?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through my University career advancement site, and received an interview slot as an alternate after someone else cancelled. The first round interviews were a 30 min. case interview and a 30 min. behavioral interview. The interviews did not take as long as scheduled and the case especially was very simple and straight-forward.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you worked with a team to set a goal.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time that you had to persuade a team member to do something.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines (Chicago, IL).

Interview

4 parts: 1. a 20 minutes presentation with three audiences. 10 minutes Q&A 2. technical screening with two senior managers, asked about 7 statistical questions. 3. statistics written test, not so easy 4. half hour discussion with the director, ask behavior question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at United Airlines (Chicago, IL).

Interview

interview took about 2 days from when I emailed my resume was that to do a video interview with the ex me six question I heard back from them to weekly the same did the tools in other can

Interview Questions

• tellr greatestyour greatest achievement
      what does united need to you in he would your reasoning
      1 Answer

Airport Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The first round was a written test on statistics, probability, algebra, and programming. After the test there was a short 30 minute case interview (purely qualitative). Final round was behavioral and a short 10 minute case.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume, describe x experience, what mistakes did you make and what did you learn from it. Analytical backgrounds. Case question was related to airports e.g. how would you find the optimal number of self check-in kiosk   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online 9/21, the next day 9/22 I received an email saying I had been selected to go through the virtual interview process. It was through Hirevue, I was given five days to take the interview. I took it and submitted it on the third day 9/24. I was asked 5 questions. I really enjoyed the online interview. Talking to a camera wasn't very hard to me, I'm sure I made minor mistakes but that's what makes you personable (in my opinion). I definitely smiled throughout every question! Oh and I made sure I looked very nice and interview ready. Makeup, hair, nice blouse, and even nails lol ! On 10/05 I received an email requesting a F2F interview! I was so nervous during that time just waiting to see if I would get another interview. But, I got it! Mine is on Monday 10/17 in Newark. Unfortunately all of the interview spots were taken up in Chicago (my hometown) so I have to travel. But that's ok I'm just happy to be going. So yea I'll update this after my F2F interview and good luck everyone !

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer   1 Answer
    • Why are you a good fit for United Airlines   1 Answer