United Airlines Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

United Airlines Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Sep 22, 2017

255 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Applying for Chicago 2018 position.

I was referred by a current employee. Filled out my initial application near the end of July. I received an invitation to complete the video interview via HireVue 8/16. I was given 5 consecutive days to complete it. I finished it 8/19 and received an email saying I would hear back in up to 6 weeks.

Fingers crossed!

Anyone else applying for this position?

Interview Questions

• What is the United brand and how would you represent it?   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation at work you with you would have handled differently.   Answer Question
    • How has your experience prepared you for this position?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were most proud of your work.   Answer Question
    • Is there anything else about your qualifications you would like us to know?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online on August 30th and got an email saying they would like me to do the video interview on September 18th. After reading all the reviews on Glassdoor, I finally did my interview on the 4th day - all of the questions people have mentioned here are in the interview. They ask you 5 questions, 30 seconds to prepare for each question, then 3 minutes to answer. It was plenty of time. So the interview itself does not take too long. USE THE PRACTICE INTERVIEW. I thought I would be fine talking to a camera - it totally threw me. After about 5 practices, I felt ready to start..."ready" haha. It felt awkward, but I got through it. Stay calm and smile! The email said I would get a response in 8 weeks, but everything I have read on Glassdoor sounds like they respond faster than that. We'll see! Fingers crossed. Sidenote - I had to pick if I received an offer or not in order to submit this review, I picked no :)

Interview Questions

• Describe the United brand and how would you represent it?   1 Answer
    • Describe a difficult situation at work you wish you would have handled differently.   Answer Question
    • What is your highest work accomplishment and why is it important?   Answer Question
    • How has your past work experience prepared you for this position?   Answer Question
    • Is there anything else we should know about your qualifications?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Omg omg, ok so I applied for this position , so in Sep2 I received a mail about getting a Video Interview. Then in Sep. 5 I received the invitation from HireVue, and had 5 day to complete the interview, I went in the website, and It gives you the opportunity to practice, as many times as you want, ... I would totally practice because those are the questions that you get asked. Best of luck to everyone! Hope we all make it

Interview Questions

• Name a situation you would have handled differently.   1 Answer
    • Name a time you were most proud at work   Answer Question
    • How would you represent United as a brand?   Answer Question
    • Is there anything else you would like United to know about you or your qualifications?   Answer Question
    • How has your past experience prepared you to become a United Flight Attendant?   6 Answers

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Less than 3 weeks between filling out application and job offer. Recruiting team was accommodating, friendly, professional, and quick to answer questions through the whole process. Interview was based on STAR questions. The laid back culture helped to make the situation stress-free.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work with someone not pulling their weight in a project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I did the video interview back in August. Still have not heard back, I heard a rumor they paused hiring due to the huricanes. I am hoping that they will continue on in the process and start face to face interviews soon.

Application

Interview

Applied online 08/22/12/2017
    Email advised that application was forwarded to Inflight Services Recruiting
    Online Interview request 09/15/2017
    Candidates are allowed unlimited practice sessions on HireVue. This process gives the candidate an opportunity to adjust lighting, and get a visual of what he or she looks and sounds like before doing the actual interview. I strongly suggest reviewing and answering questions from Glassdoor before beginning. This will more than prepare the candidate for the interview. Checkout YouTube as well for tips.
    Completed HireVue Online Interview 09/20/2017
    Told to expect a response within 8 weeks

Interview Questions

• Describe United Airline brand. Explain why you would be a good fit for the company.   1 Answer
    • Discuss a work accomplishment that you are most proud and why   1 Answer
    • Talk about an experience that you had at work that you would or should have handled differently.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Filled out app online August 27, Received an Appication in Review email on sept 13, 2017. Received a congrats you been selected for online interview on Sept14, just sent in my video today the 16th. Very awkward doing video questions are available for practice.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good candidate   1 Answer

Application

Interview

I applied Sept. 5 and got an invitation Sept. 8. There's 6 Interview Questions on Hire Vue. It actually gives you a couple minutes for practicing. I thought that the questions would be easy but I did hesitate on a couple questions so I'm not sure if they will invite me for a face to face interview. I'm still waiting for a response.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Here's my timeline: Applied-07.19
    VI email-08.14
    VI completed-08.18
    ....now waiting on word for a f2f interview. To be updated... FYI for the video interview, you are able to take practice questions (there's 2) as many times as you want to prepare. It is recorded so you can play it back and see yourself, but it does not get sent to United. I did it for about an hour lol just to get myself in the groove of doing a video interview and letting go of the nerves! Good luck future United FA!!:)

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and how your background is a fit for United?   Answer Question
    • What your most greatest experience in your career so far? Why is it important?   Answer Question
    • Tell us a situation you wished you handled differently at work.   Answer Question
    • Describe the United brand and hownwould you represent it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied 7/25 and received VI invite 8/16. The vi process was very simple and everything is on Glassdoor. I am awaiting the F2F invite hopefully. Just relax and be yourself and you will do fine. They aren't looking for the interview to be perfect, they are mainly concerned about the content of your answers.