United Airlines Customer Service Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

United Airlines Customer Service Agent Interview Questions

1.9

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines.

Interview

I had applied for this airline mayne a little over a month before i received a call, i work the starbucks at the airport so some girls who worked for united who i helped make their coffee nearly everyday came and asked me when i was gonna start working with them and i had told them id applied but havent heard anything yet so they took my info and told their manager and i think that's why i ended up getting a call because they called me before the end of that day. My interview was suppose to be the following day but i had to do it two days later because i was going out of town. It was a very quick interview he pretty much told me ok for this interview im going to ask you 8 questions, 5 of which will be general questions just making sure you are capable of doing the job. So questions that were alresdy asked when i filled out my application ex: "would you be willing to work outside in all types of weather, are you ok with working various different work shifts, etc." Then he asked me what would i do if i was working with a coworker who wasnt putting up as much work as the rest of us. The next he asked give an example of when there was an angry customer and how i handled it. And i cant remember the third question but i looked online and it was similar to the other questions people posted about united airlines. Im super excited to start my new journey with united (:

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when there was an angry customer and how i handled it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for United Airlines

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at United Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I had a 1:1 interview they asked me 5 scenario questions in the form of STAR= situation,task,action and result not a hard interview at all very easy to answer questions it's situations you deal with everyday work experience.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

So I applied through Lax.org and I come across United airlines for a customer service agent temporary position. I got an email maybe a month later which I didn't expect as I was a actually on an airplane (how ironic) for an interview 2 weeks pior. I was very excited I practiced some questions I thought they would ask. The day of the interview there was a sign-in sheet whatever order you sign in is which they call you for an one on one interview but before your one on one they have all the candidates go in a room and they tell you about the company the position and benefits then whatever order you signed in that's when you are called. The interviewers were very nice made me feel comfortable I felt like I did great in my interview. I also sent an thank you email I heard from United via email the following week but unfortunately I didn't get the job. I was very hurt I felt like I was destined to have this job as my mom and my aunt are already in the airline industry. I guess what's meant to be is meant to be although I really think they made a mistake. I would say there was a lot of candidates I was socializing with who were already in the airline industry so I'm sure they got the job I just feel like I should have gotten a chance.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you and a co worker had a disagreement and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines (Birmingham, AL) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview was pretty much a basic interview you go in and they ask a few questions and then you take an assesment. If u pass the assesment with a 85 or higher you pretty much got the job.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines.

Interview

I applied online they emailed me back requesting a phone interview I then completed the phone interview and was called for a face to face interview I'm waiting on the interview face to face to see if I got the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at United Airlines (Honolulu, HI) in January 2010.

Interview

After passing the group and individual interviews, I was contacted by the contracted "HR" department to have the background, medical and drug tests scheduled. These were conducted over about a months time - it seemed like they were not really organized and there was no rush, but I attributed this to our "Hawaiian" way of doing business. After passing the background check, medical and drug tests, I was told to begin employment on Feb 4.

Then, this date was later changed to Feb 15, then the 22nd, then "we will let you know." Also, the fingerprinting appointment was abruptly canceled. No reasons given, just "hold'.

Still to this date, have not heard back. They come across as disorganized and lacking any focus. Maybe this is typical of the dysfunctional airline industry itself. What a way to "NOT" run a business.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines.

Interview

I got invited to the One on One interview through the email in San Francisco, CA. There were over a hundred applicants at that time. The interviewer asked me around 6-7 open questions. It's all about your past experience and most of it about how did you handle the unplanned situation or a difficult customer. They also asked about your achievement. Nothing too difficult, the interviewer was really nice and tried to make me relax. The interview was more like talking to me.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, it's all about your experience.   Answer Question

The job is only part time and the shift could be anytime because they operate 24/7. I don't drive and Bart did not operate 24 hours, so I have to turn it down even though I really want this job.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at United Airlines in December 2011.

Interview

Given a written assessment at group interview. You read six stories and answer multiple choice answers for each story- to determine how well you comprehend info.
    Story Example. Transporting animals according to company guidelines.
     ie; obtain from shipped animal's weight. Customer needs to give two copies of vet certificate stating dog/cat, etc has no disease, has shots and cleared for flight. Ask the pet owner- what is pet's age. (8 wk min). Make sure the crate has cross venting and is made of approved material. Collect shipping charges. Secure a spot for the animal in cargo. Communicate to the all ramps that you have booked passage for the animal so that everyone is on the same page. Ensure that there is enough space, as there is a maximum # accepted per flight. Have the customer write down details about feeding, drinking, handling, etc. Then secure the info on to the outside of the crate. Then you answer 4-5 questions:
    What document is needed if you are shipping an animal? How many copies?
    How old must the pet be in order to fly, etc.