United Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,589 Interview Reviews

2.9

1,589 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at United Airlines.

Interview

I did horrible on the video interview. It is extremely challenging to talk to a computer and not to a live person. I received the email to do the video interview on June 7th. I did the video interview on June 8th. We are now June 10th and I haven't heard anything back yet. I'm just in limbo right now. I would like to know either way. Just wondering if anyone has done a video interview lately and heard back. Thanks

Interview Questions

• I don't remember all the interview question   54 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for United Airlines

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines (Newark, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process is very structured. I applied online and within a week I received an invitation to complete an OnDemand interview via HireVue. Suggestions for HireVue: Be in a well-lit area. My suggestion is to use as much natural lighting as possible. Be well-dressed. Research the company and see how the flight attendants dress for the particular company, and emulate that! The HireVue questions were behavioral questions. Everything I read on GlassDoor has been accurate! Within 4 days, I received an email inviting me to Newark, NJ for a Face-to-Face interview. I was beyond excited! When you call, the booking department will ask you the closest airport. I told her mine, and the flight is free, but please be aware you are usually not a "must-ride" passenger in instances like this. My case, I get to my closest airport with plenty of time to spare. The plane begins boarding. I board the plane and am in my seat. A gentleman from United walks on the plane and calls my name and says the flight is overbooked and I had to get off. I take my carry-on and exit the plane. I was a little stressed at this point. I go inside and wait for the counter to clear so I could talk to the desk agent, and they said the next flight leaves at 10pm (which I would have gotten to Newark at 11 ish), or you can go to another nearby airport and the plane departs in two hours! For a moment, I began to panic thinking I am never going to make it. I was not extremely familiar with the DC Metro stations, nor the other airport. However, I thought to myself, this is all part of the interview...staying cool, calm, and collected during a crisis! I managed to hustle through the DC Metro stops and navigate around. Got to my other airport and through security with about 10 minutes to spare! At this point, I was joking around the gate agent because of the mental meltdown I was having haha! I get on the plane and fly to Newark. Check-in to my hotel. The morning of the interview! Newark is an extremely busy airport! Give yourself plenty of time to get the gate pass and get through security--you do NOT want to be late. I was there a little after 7 and was seated with fellow interviewees by 8 (luckily)! Get to know your fellow applicants! Everyone is nervous, everyone is going through the same thing. Talk, be jolly, and have fun. It helps ease the nerves. Exactly at 9 am, the Inflight Recruiters came to get us! We went to the United building and were checked in. We were all briefed on United and they called the first 6 for interviews. While the others are in the interview, talk and be jolly with the other applicants. Take your mind to a less stressful place, but review some questions and answers in your head, too! My name was called, and I was nervous! The lady who did my one-on-one interview was nice, genuine. The interview was by far the best experience I have ever had! This one took about 45 minutes and it was basic behavioral questions, if/then questions, and we reviewed my resume. We were finished and we walk to the hall (I assumed I was finished), she said, I actually want my colleagues to meet you, so I am going to put you in this room with a few other applicants. I felt good! Talked to the few others in the room with me and they slowly leaving for the second interview. My name was called again and the ladies were nice and genuine again. I went to a very small room with them and they asked me basically the same questions. They said they had to step out and review a few things on my resume and they would be back. I sat in the room and about 5 minutes later, they walked through the door and said, "after reviewing you resume and answers, we have enough information to offer you the job today." Of course, I accepted the offer! The offer is contingent on drug, vision, and hearing tests, as well as passing the training! I leave for training August 30! They took me to the clinic onsite and I completed my drug, hearing, and vision tests!

Some good things to remember: SMILE, POSTURE, CONFIDENCE, RESEARCH THE COMPANY, PRACTICE QUESTIONS WITH ANSWERS! Browse through this site and read the questions other people were asked--it helped me tremendously! Research the company! Know the company! They want someone who can be invested into the company! Be confident!

Good luck! It was an incredible experience and I cannot wait to begin my new life in the air!

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines (Houston, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied Oct 27, got an email on Nov 21 saying that they had received my application and are now reviewing it. Then Nov 25 I got email inviting me to the F2F interview
    I got there super early around 7:40. (I left my hotel at 7:30ish so it’s really close by from Ramada) Walked into a room with the other candidates. We chatted and they told us the process will start at 8:30 when they collect our resume, gave you a blue sheet to read about the position, confirmed your returning flight and gave you a name tag. Then after a short moment someone gave us a slide show explaining basic stuff about being a flight attendant, like being on reserve and the pay…etc.
    After that the recruiters came in and called people out one by one. Meanwhile someone else came in to answer questions. I asked ALOT of questions but not to impress anyone I just really wanted to know about the position. The guy who answered my questions wasn’t even part of the recruiters so you don’t have to really worry about ‘oh if i don’t ask question i won’t have a chance’. There was about 30 of us, not too terribly much but honestly there were some people I already knew weren’t going to get hired, based on their way of talking (try not to sound cool or show off-y, I think that’s a horrible thing to do.) There were people who had been flight attendants before or currently working for small airlines, doesn’t mean anything if you don’t have a good attitude, really. Chat with people, I got lucky I met some people on my way to the training center. Just be yourself, and if you don’t really want this job, don’t apply, it’s that simple.
    It took them a while to call me name. BY THE WAY they told us they are doing things a little bit differently now, I agree it’s really nothing like what I read on here before. Instead of starting with one on one I got two recruiters interviewing me. They were SUPER NICE, I mean I don’t just tell you people are nice I’m not that kind of person, but these two recruiters were something else. One of them is a domestic lady, the other one was an international guy. They asked me a lot about scenarios, I will post as many questions as I remembered. They started with asking me about who I am, then moved on to reading an announcement out loud, it’s one that’s telling people on board that they need to fill out customs forms. Don’t be nervous just take 30 seconds read it over in your mind, then start. I would say I was in the room for maybe 20+ minutes. At the end they told me that would be stepping outside of the room to discuss, meanwhile they wanted me to think of my strongest strength and tell them what it is when they return. They were outside for about 3 minutes, came back to the room, I told them my answer, and they told me to go eat lunch at the airport and be back at 1pm. They just said “we have further questions for you so come back at 1". They sent me to the lobby to wait for the shuttle driver, I got off at terminal E (thats where they drop you off) and I went to the Marriott via the “air train” and I had lunch there.
    I think that’s as much as I can offer you all, best of luck!!!

Interview Questions

• -Describe a time where you had to work with a difficult co workers, what did you do?   8 Answers
    • Tell us about a time where you had fun on the job.   3 Answers
    • Describe a time where you had to make a decision at the job which you wished you would have done differently.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at United Airlines (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied: July 21st
    Video interview: July 22nd
    Replied to video interview: July 24th

(Five questions for video interview & five days, including weekends to respond)

Currently waiting for a reply to my video interview, will update when I get a response.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for United Airlines and how will you represent the brand?   1 Answer
    • Name a time when you we're proud of your job.   5 Answers
    • Is there anything else you would want United to know about your qualifications?   Answer Question
    • How will your past experience prep you for United?   2 Answers
    • What situation do you wish you would've handled differently?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

I just completed the video interview for the 2018 flight attendant position. The reviews on here helped tremendously and every question I practiced for was on the interview. There are 5 questions, with 3 practice questions that you can practice as many times as you'd like, they are all included in the real questions, just worded differently.

I will add the questions so it may help any of you still waiting to take yours. Good luck to everyone and I'll update if I receive a F2F!

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult situation you wish you would have handled differently.   Answer Question
    • Name a time at work you were most proud of and why was it important.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about United and how will you represent the brand?   Answer Question
    • How has your past experience help you prepare for this position?   1 Answer
    • Is there anything you'd like United to know about your qualifications?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online on July 20, 2017. I received on email on July 25, 2017 saying that my application has been forwarded to Inflight Services Recruiting. On July 26, 2017 I received on email to take the online video interview. It says there are 6 questions but I only had 5. You have 5 consecutive days to complete the interview. I waited until the 5th day. There are 3 practice questions that you can do as many times as you want. I highly recommend doing the practice questions because all 3 of my practice questions were asked in my interview. Now I'm waiting to hear back to see if I passed.

Interview Questions

• Explain how your background and past work experience will make you a good fit for this job?   4 Answers
    • Why do you want to work for United and how will you represent the brand?   Answer Question
    • Name a time that you were proud of your work and why was this important?   Answer Question
    • Name a situation that you wish you would have handled differently?   Answer Question
    • Is there anything else you want United to know about your qualifications for the Flight Attendant position?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at United Airlines.

Interview

The video interview was moderately easy. AS LONG AS YOU STUDY! I took one hour before my interview to study questions and I think I did good. This was my second interview so I knew what to expect. I dressed like a flight attendant I wore a dark green dress with a black blazer and my united scarf (I currently work at united in Newark nj as a CSR) I made sure my make up and hair was done. I usually have big curly hair but for the video being that your first impression I threw on a straight wig and put it back in a low bun.. PLEASE LOOK INTO THE CAMERA NOT THE SCREEN. Unfortantly they will base on that I tried to look in the canara as much as possible. It's hard but try to..have makeup natural looking I did not wear red lipstick but you can if you'd like. Nails I didn't do because the video was from the waist up and I didn't move my hands a lot. Make sure you sit up straight and SMILE I hate smiling because I have high cheek bones and I have chubby cheeks but I made sure I smiled to look approachable. I said hello and thank you at the beginning and end of video. One questing I didn't answer correctly but I managed to make it work. I have not heard anything back because I just did my interview an hour ago so I will update when I hear something back. Also go on YouTube for tips

Interview Questions

• -Tell us how you would represent united and describe the united brand

-tell us a time you would of handled a situation differently at work

-Tell us one of your proudest moments

-Is there any other qualifications you would like us to know?

-What is a challenge you dealt with and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Applying for Chicago 2018 position.

I was referred by a current employee. Filled out my initial application near the end of July. I received an invitation to complete the video interview via HireVue 8/16. I was given 5 consecutive days to complete it. I finished it 8/19 and received an email saying I would hear back in up to 6 weeks.

Fingers crossed!

Anyone else applying for this position?

Interview Questions

• What is the United brand and how would you represent it?   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation at work you with you would have handled differently.   Answer Question
    • How has your experience prepared you for this position?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were most proud of your work.   Answer Question
    • Is there anything else about your qualifications you would like us to know?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines (Honolulu, HI) in August 2017.

Interview

The online video interview process was easy just as long as you studied and read the questions on Glassdoor. Waiting to hear a response about my video interview and the remaining hiring process.

Interview Questions

• These are all verbatim questions...#1. Tell us about your experience in customer service and how it has prepared you to become a united airlines flight attendant?   Answer Question
    • #2. Tell us about an experience at work that you are most proud of?   Answer Question
    • #3. Tell about a situation you wish you had handled differently at work?   Answer Question
    • #4. How do you describe the United brand and how would you represent it?   Answer Question
    • #5. This is the final question. Is there anything else you would like united to know about your qualifications?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2017.

Interview

I received a link invite for a video interview. The time frame to complete is limited (5 days) so you want to make sure you check your spam accounts so that you wont miss it. They'll send a heads up email first. Anywho you log onto the link and begin the interview, mine was 5 questions. I'd suggest the practice first just so you can get a good feel for it and make sure your positioning is ok as well. Now that it's complete it's a waiting game "/