United Airlines Flight Attendant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at United Airlines

2,217 Interview Reviews

2.9

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at United Airlines.

Interview

The experience was nervous but as the other interviewers have share is the same. You have to SMILE alot and just relax. Do the practice questions as much as possible. Sit in a quite and relaxing area, away from all noise.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something about yourself   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for United Airlines

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at United Airlines in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very easy . I applied on 11/6 , Got the video interview sent to me on 11/8 . Currently did my video interview 11/11 . Just waiting for a follow up so fingers cross . I was nervous doing my interview even with the practice questions. I smiled when I was giving answers and stumbled on my words as well. Overall I feel confident and wish me luck

Interview Questions

• How do yourself as a United Brand   Answer Question
    • Describe a proud work moment   1 Answer
    • Name a time you wish you did something different in a work place   2 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at United Airlines.

Interview

Always make sure and be on time,It was great interview process,It is a long and interesting experience,just be on point at all times Questions are asked based on your experience and your CV
    always have everything from certificates etc just in case they ask to see certification.
    don't be nervous relax and be your self at all times have a detailed curriculum vite

Interview Questions

• Questions are asked based on your experience and your CV .   4 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at United Airlines in October 2016.

Interview

Video interview - you need a microphone and camera, so you can either do this on your phone of if you have the capability to do this interview on your computer.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at United Airlines in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online on Thursday, next day got an email for a video interview. Took the video interview today, so have no idea if I will get a f2f interview! I feel like I totally bombed the video interview, it just seemed unnatural to be looking at myself while answering the questions. I was extremely nervous though, so that probably didn't help my case! This was my first ever applying to an airline and having a interview, so I don't wanna be hard on myself if I don't receive an email. Just be yourself and don't be nervous like me!

The questions were pretty standard, what are you a good fit for this company?
     what is united airlines brand and how would you represent it?
    tell us a about a time you wish you had done something differently in your job and how did you handle it?
    tell us about your greatest achievement thus far in your employment?
    and lastly tell us what else you would like United to know about you?
    this is the question I feel like a bombed the most, it was very intimating for me to answer this question, I don't know why ?
    But good luck to the rest of you :)

Interview Questions

• and lastly tell us what else you would like United to know about you?
      But good luck to the rest of you :)   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines (Newark, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

Passed video interview, got invited to face-to-face interview. The day of the face-to-face interview, I got to the airport at 7:40am cause the interview started at 9:00am SHARP and you had to get a GATE PASS and go through TSA. Once I got in to the waiting spot, I got to know everyone else. Then, at 9:00am SHARP, some FA and Recruiters came to pick us up an take us to the place where we were going to get interview. Once we settled in a conference or meeting room, we get introductions and a presentation. After that, we have to wait to be called. So, yeah, we got called ONE-BY-ONE. Advice: chill, talk, practice with others and, well, chill, cause I got out of the interview around 1:00pm. Oh, yeah, have breakfast. You will experience how starvation begins. So, break-fast! Anyways, I was finally called and walked into another room to be interview. By that time, I wasn't nervous anymore. I really felt very comfortable with the person who was interviewing me. It was a really good dynamic. I was encouraged to give my answers more details and certain specifics because I kind of forgot my S.T.A.R. Method! But, oh well, I gathered my thoughts, owned the S.T.A.R. Method and continue to answer, well, most likely story-telling. Oh! There was a part were we role played. I read an announcement out loud and then "deal" with a passenger who wasn't cooperating.

About the questions I was asked, were mostly about my customer experience through the different jobs I had presented on my resume. Every question was made according to what was on my resume. "So, you were a cashier in this company, tell me about your roles?" Many questions where about "how did it happened and what did you do?", "how did you handle it?" , etc.

Do story tell, but use the S.T.A.R. Method to keep your answers organized. Be honest. Don't worry about taking SOME time to think about it. If you don't understand, please ask and clear your doubts, and so. Before hand the interview, prepare with your resume and cover letter on sight, write down experiences, stories, skills and/or knowledge you have acquired, write down your values, highlight what you understand they should know about you and how that favors the company, understand the role(s) of a flight attendant, learn about the company (especially it's mission and vision), and prepare for the unexpected. BE HONEST.

Oh, and, yeah, after the first interview I was told to wait on another room because someone else was going to interview me. Turns out minutes later, it was a Flight Attendant who also had the role of Recruiter with someone of Human Resources. They asked me more personal and behavioral questions. Personal in sense of why? are you sure? what do you think about this and that? how do you feel?

Interview Questions

• Describe and explain your roles and responsibilities within the previous company you worked for.   Answer Question
    • How do you think such roles, responsibilities and experiences at that particular job has equipped you to be a flight attendant?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you disagreed and how you disagreed with your coworkers or teammates.   Answer Question
    • When was a time you had difficulties with your coworker? How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when it was hard to remain friendly.

To be, let's say, the perfect flight attendant, what aspect of your personality or character you need to discard or work on?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at United Airlines (Newark, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online, Invite to a Video interview, invite to a face to face interview in newark NJ. Once at the face to face there was about 30 of us. We started in a room and were allowed to ask questions about the position as a group. after all of the questions were asked they started calling us out one by one to interview in a room in a 1 on 1 setting. If you "passed" that round you moved on to another interview with hiring managers and supervisors. only 7 of us made it there. after that we did another interview with 3 managers and if they liked you they send you down to medical to do a drug test, hearing test, and vision test. if they dont like you they say they will call you in 5-7 days and let you know.

Interview Questions

• Why would you make a good flight attendant   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Online interview then F2F in Houston. Then online interview was 6 questions and they give you 5 days to complete it. They let you practice as many times as you want. If you study all the review questions people post on here you will do fine

Interview Questions

• What was you biggest achievement   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines (Palm Beach Gardens, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

The first step after submitting an application was the video interview which I received the request to complete this about 2 days after my application. Once I completed the video interview about a week later I received a request to appear at a face to face interview where I was invited to training on the spot. The entire interview process was very simple. Just make sure to be positive, smile a lot and be yourself!

Interview Questions

• Mostly situational questions. Research YouTube videos about what to wear and responses the recruiters are looking for and you'll do great!   Answer Question

Negotiation

Please please use the internet to get advice! YouTube videos and blogs were incredibly helpful!

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online took a couple of days and receive an online interview. About 8 days after the online interview was invited to a f2f interview. The online interview was the hardest. a question pops up and you are just looking at yourself on the screen. I prefer the F2F. Its more relaxing and you can shine.

Interview Questions

• was 6 questions to descried yourself . Cant remember the questions   1 Answer