United Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 15, 2018
2,336 Interview Reviews

2.9

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at United Airlines.

Interview

The video interview was moderately easy. AS LONG AS YOU STUDY! I took one hour before my interview to study questions and I think I did good. This was my second interview so I knew what to expect. I dressed like a flight attendant I wore a dark green dress with a black blazer and my united scarf (I currently work at united in Newark nj as a CSR) I made sure my make up and hair was done. I usually have big curly hair but for the video being that your first impression I threw on a straight wig and put it back in a low bun.. PLEASE LOOK INTO THE CAMERA NOT THE SCREEN. Unfortantly they will base on that I tried to look in the canara as much as possible. It's hard but try to..have makeup natural looking I did not wear red lipstick but you can if you'd like. Nails I didn't do because the video was from the waist up and I didn't move my hands a lot. Make sure you sit up straight and SMILE I hate smiling because I have high cheek bones and I have chubby cheeks but I made sure I smiled to look approachable. I said hello and thank you at the beginning and end of video. One questing I didn't answer correctly but I managed to make it work. I have not heard anything back because I just did my interview an hour ago so I will update when I hear something back. Also go on YouTube for tips

Interview Questions

• -Tell us how you would represent united and describe the united brand

-tell us a time you would of handled a situation differently at work

-Tell us one of your proudest moments

-Is there any other qualifications you would like us to know?

-What is a challenge you dealt with and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Video interview. Takes a few days to hear back- if they move you forward you will get invitation to a face to face interview. Flew me out to Newark. Watch a presentation- face to face interview with a recruiter. If they like you they’ll ask you to stay for a second interview with the head of the department (you pretty much have the job at that point.)

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I did a video interview online where I recorded answers to questions. They were pretty straight forward and you could delete the video if you didn't like it as many times as you wanted. I then came in for an in person interview where they asked a series of behavioral style questions (ie. How did you handle xyz situation). Overall it was a little stressful because they seemed to be following a strict system but my interviewers were great which made it a lot easier.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Applying for Chicago 2018 position.

I was referred by a current employee. Filled out my initial application near the end of July. I received an invitation to complete the video interview via HireVue 8/16. I was given 5 consecutive days to complete it. I finished it 8/19 and received an email saying I would hear back in up to 6 weeks.

Fingers crossed!

Anyone else applying for this position?

Interview Questions

• What is the United brand and how would you represent it?   4 Answers
    • Describe a situation at work you with you would have handled differently.   Answer Question
    • How has your experience prepared you for this position?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were most proud of your work.   Answer Question
    • Is there anything else about your qualifications you would like us to know?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied online and got an email in like 8 weeks for an interview which was half behavioral half case, the case was just asking about whether to make an investment given the situation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at United Airlines (Houston, TX).

Interview

I have to say although I wasn’t picked it was by far the best interview process. It was a one one one interview to get to know you better. It felt more real & genuine. There were about 40 of us in a room and they called some people by two’s but most individually. It’s a pretty fast process once you get through with the introduction. I met some great people and will take this experience and use it to my advantage moving forward into greater things. Btw you didn’t have to stand up in front of everyone and introduce yourself.

Interview Questions

• How has your past experience prepared you to be a flight attendant?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines.

Interview

I applied for the position on the 24th of September and received an email that my application was in review on the 27th. On the 28th I received an email detailing the video interview. I submitted my video interview on the 1st of October. Thank god for every one of you who put up the interview questions, it helped me immensely. The video interview process is exactly as described: 5 questions, 30 seconds to prepare, and 3 minutes to respond. Use the practice session, you'll have to click the "Take your interview now" link to access it; I'm not sure if you can go back from that point so be prepared to take the actual interview right after. If you're using your phone you can download the HireVue app and utilize independent practice sessions which are also helpful. Dress professionally, make sure your hair is neat and your makeup minimal. I used my phone so my hands were in the shot when I submitted each question, so if you are thinking about using your phone make sure your nails are neat. I think I did well on the interview, but I am so nervous. This process has progressed very quickly so far so this waiting game is terrible. For those who have done the VI and progressed to F2F, how long did it take you to hear a response? And what was the F2F experience like? Thanks so much!

Interview Questions

• What is the United Brand and how would you represent it?   Answer Question
    • Explain how your customer service experience has prepared you for this job?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation at work you wish you would have handled differently.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you were proud of your work.   Answer Question
    • This there anything else about your qualifications you would like us to know?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines.

Interview

Interview process went by pretty fast. Thankfully they respond to you quickly. The video interview can be awkward, but just make sure you smile and be enthusiastic. The face to face interview isn't too bad. The flight attendant that interviewed me was extremely kind and everyone there seemed to be really nice as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied online. Took Online assessment. Completed video interview. Invited to face to face wore recommended clothes, did hours of research, flew to Texas, got a second interview with the director of hiring and was emailed a TBNT a week later.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself. What trait do you wish you could change to be a better flight attendant   2 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines.

Interview

This is the second time applying.
    Regarding the video interview:
    Take notes! All the questions on Glassdoor will be in the interview. Please relax and be yourself. Practice practice practice. Find good lighting, I stood the whole time during my interview as I am more comfortable that way and I wanted to show more and energy.