United Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,980 Interview Reviews

2.9

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Three rounds of interviews, one case study, one Excel test. The entire process took 4 weeks from initial contact to offer. They changed the dates/times of interviews a few times, which was challenging.

Interview Questions

• Case study about the telecom industry - asking market sizing, business models and marketing questions specifically   Answer Question

Production Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines (Denver, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

3 hours watching a presentation on United and why the line of business is valuable to the airline. We took a tour of the facility and then were broken up for individual interviews. I was selected arbitrarily for the first of 9 interviews and could tell from the beginning of the interview the answer was going to be no. In short: They physically discriminated against me because of my weight.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for United   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received a video interview invitation few days after. Remember to study the question beforehand. You can find all the questions on Glassdoor. Still waiting for the result, good luck everyone :)

Bilingual Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines in May 2017.

Interview

Video Interview from home addressing five questions. Preparation questions available, once the final process has started can't be changed. Difficulty for me not to have any human interaction in which your answers are questioned and challenged.

Interview Questions

• Describe a conflict you had in your previous experience and how you solved it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Very quick. Applied 6/20/16, video interview invite 6/21/16, completed video interview 6/25/16, invite to come to SFO 6/29/16, interview at SFO on 7/13/16 and I heard back on 7/18/18. Didn't get an offer but it was great first experience.

Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines.

Interview

United tends to use the STAR (describe a situation when..., the task at hand, the action took and the result) or SAR (situation, action, result) in interviews. The interview usually consist of 4 or 5 of those situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you had to gain the trust of others in order to accomplish a task?   1 Answer

Bilingual Flight Attendant Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at United Airlines.

Interview

I'm in the process of applying for a Japanese bilingual FA position. So far everything has been very quick. I shot myself in the foot early and didn't update my profile when they sent the first email, which added almost a week to the process. After updating they sent me video interview within 2 days. I took it on the 4th day and the next day they scheduled me for a group interview. That's the point I am at now.

Interview Questions

• A situation you would have handled differently and a difficult situation were probably the most difficult questions to prepare for. The last question being in your second language could catch you off guard if you aren't careful   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines (Houston, TX).

Interview

First you apply online, it's a lengthy process, after submitting my online application I didn't hear back to do the assessment for months. I applied end of Oct. heard back beginning of Feb. You'll get an invite to do a phone interview. Mine was less of a phone interview and more of a when can you fly in for an interview. When you get to the center for the F2F they will put everyone in a room watching a video and take you out one by one for a 2 on 1. Mine were both FAs, no HR. If you get asked to stick around for a second interview that's a really good sign.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines.

Interview

The interview process was completed via online. All the questions can be found here at glassdoor. I found the practice interview helps a ton to try and get you to relax. They also give you one of the questions in the practice interview. I would recommend studying up on the company and practice your delivery. My nerves got the best of me and I did not feel I delivered a smooth flow for my presentation. This is my first online interview and its definitely a difference experience talking to your camera and trying to not look nervous.

Interview Questions

• They asked your reasons would you be a good fit to be a flight attendant.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Process seems to be moving fairly quickly! Applied only few days ago, within a day, I received an email informing me that I was selected to move forward & that I would be contacted soon on what my next step will be! 2 days later, I received a video interview invitation allowing 5 consecutive days to complete.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   1 Answer