United Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,960 Interview Reviews

2.9

Ramp Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Very straight forward interview process. Sat with a panel of people and each had set of questions for me. They read from a script and read the questions. Each looked for specific criteria and scored accordingly.

Interview Questions

• In my opinion, how many days do I feel is okay to call in sick?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Bilingual Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at United Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was everything I read about on Glass door and better. So glad I found this sight before doing the video interview! It was 6 questions and three of the first questions where the same as the practice questions so I highly recommend taking the practice questions. the 4th question was describe a difficult task you were faced with and how you would handle it again. the 5th was what language do you speak fluently. and the 6th in that language describe how speaking another language would help you in your job. something like that . I'm waiting to hear back. I did a dress rehearsal on my MAC photobooth app the day before because I was super nervous being on video and I wanted to see what I looked like. It helped but I was still nervous so I waited and did the real interview first thing this morning. I think I was so much better because I wasn't so shocked at seeing myself on video lol. Just forget the camera part if you can and pretend that your talking to a person. Don't memorize your answer just know what you want to say and say it naturally. It was better than I thought it would be. I'm waiting to hear now.

Interview Questions

• describe a difficult task you were faced with and how you would handle it again.   Answer Question
    • what language do you speak fluently?   Answer Question
    • in that language describe how speaking another language would help you in your job. something like that .   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines in March 2017.

Interview

it was pretty fast between send the application and video interview, the total was 1 week. however already passed 3 weeks and I didnt receive any feedback from united. I dont think I did good because I got very nervous for the fact that you are not talking with a real person so i did mistakes while recording the interview, but if you prepare yourself is possible do a good job. respond the answers calm because you will have a good amount of time to answer.

Interview Questions

• why do you want work for united, solve a problem between 2 passengers(about their sit), last question you answer in your second language.   9 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines in March 2017.

Interview

video interview only still waiting to be called for my face to face if I get selected however I have applied to other airlines as I intend to ma a career as a flight attendant

Interview Questions

• how will I adapt if base is far   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines in March 2017.

Interview

Applied for flight attendant bilingual position. Got email saying they recieved my application and will be forwarded to inflight services. Received video interview couple days later. Completed video same day and saw status update 15 days later. Still waiting on next steps. If anyone applied in march as well please share your timeline. Thanks

Interview Questions

• One thing that you could have done differently?   Answer Question
    • How will your language help you in this role?   2 Answers

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at United Airlines (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was a formal phone interview, conducted with skills and experienced based questions. This was the first stage interview prior to a face to face appointment. The interviewer was very professional the interview questions where tailored to the project management position daily requirements. I felt the Q&A session was very informative for me as an interviewer, and will better prepare me for future interviews.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage a project stakeholder that was not meeting their objectives.   1 Answer

Transportation Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at United Airlines (Denver, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied 3/19
    Got called for a phone interview 3/21
    In person interview 3/30

They do individual interviews after a presentaion and facility tour.
    When in the interview answer all situational questions using the STAR method (Situation. Task. Answer. Result.) They will not hired you if you give incomplete answers.

I was not offered the position I originally went out for, but I accepted anyways. I've been waiting to get into the company for so long. I figured it was a good way to get my foot in the door.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for United ?   Answer Question
    • What makes you a good fit for the job?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have that would help you perform this job better?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of how you prioritize takes?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult/unhappy customer abed how did it turn out.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant-Bilingual Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at United Airlines in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online on 3/29/17, & I received an invitation to complete the video interview on Mar. 31. I completed the video interview yesterday (Apr. 2). I prepared for the customer service based questions, but I was completely caught off guard on the last question. The last question, if you're applying for a bilingual position, must be answered in the second language. I wasn't prepared, so I totally failed. I froze even though I speak fluent Italian. If I'm not chosen to move on to the next round, I can apply in six months.

You should always prepare for an interview, but you should be super prepared for the video interviews because you only have once chance to submit your answer(s). I applied to another airline, and they offered more flexibility during the video interviews (i.e. unlimited time to think about the question, unlimited retakes, and one min. to answer).

Good luck to everyone going through the process!

Interview Questions

• How would your second language benefit you as a flight attendant?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was awful (except for the other people interviewing- they were amazing). They showed us a short video about United and I got called for my one-on-one interview. I was interviewed for 15 minutes and the "recruiter" was extremely intimidating. After that, I was reunited with everyone else in a different room. I had a handshake with two people from HR and was told my shuttle was ready for me. About 5 of us took the shuttle back to the airport. I don't understand how one person can decide in 15 minutes if you're a good fit or not. I wish I was interviewed by more recruiters (at least two).. It's unfortunate that this particular recruiter didn't like me. I honestly don't know what they are looking for.

Specialist - Customer Recovery Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at United Airlines (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

The first interview invitation came about three weeks after applying. I met with two Senior Managers and spent about 45 minutes answering structured behavioral questions. Three days later I was invited for a second round of interviews with the Director. This interview was less structured and more focused on determining if my career goals and interests were in line with the position. I received an offer about two weeks after my second interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you have had to make a decision taking cost into account   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you have had to learn how to use a new technology on the job   Answer Question