United Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 10, 2017
2,307 Interview Reviews

2.9

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at United Airlines in December 2017.

Interview

Submitted an online application, then received a one way video interview to be completed within 5 days. All the questions on this site were brought up. Just practice. Yet to hear anything it has been a week!

Interview Questions

• What is the United brand and how would you represent it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at United Airlines (Houston, TX).

Interview

The process was very straightforward and simple. I submitted my application for the position of flight attendant on October 26th, 2017. On October 27th, I received an email from United stating that there is a possibility that I may receive an invitation for a video interview. On October 30th, I received an invitation from HireVue to complete a video interview. On October 31st, I submitted my video interview. Today, November 2nd, I received an invitation to schedule my group interview in Houston Texas for November 9th, 2017!! Is anyone else participating in the November 9th group interview??? If so- lets chat! I am flying in the day before (the 8th). Maybe we can meet up and become quick friends!?

Interview Questions

• How has your experience in customer service prepared you to become a flight attendant for United?   5 Answers
    • Tell us about an experience you are proud of?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a situation you wish you handled differently?   Answer Question
    • Is there anything else we should know about you and your qualifications?   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Interview

Interview

Two step interview process, the first containing an analytical assessment with math questions and brain teasers. The second round interviews was a combination of a case study with personal questions along with a casual conversation afterwords. Process was smooth and very friendly.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines.

Interview

Applied 10/26. Got the email for the video interview on 10/28. Did the interview 11/1. Thought it was really easy but didnt make it past that. Got the thanks but no thanks email on 11/3

Flight Attendant- Bilingual Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines.

Interview

I received video interview email few days after I submitted my resume online. I reviewed question asked frequently and some tips on YouTube which helped me a lot when prepared the video interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain your work experience will make you a good fit of this job?   1 Answer
    • Name a time that you were proud of your work and why was this important?   Answer Question
    • Name a situation that you wish you would have handled differently?   Answer Question
    • What language you speak fluently?   Answer Question
    • How will your second language help you in the flight attendant position? (use your second language)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at United Airlines (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2017.

Interview

I Applied and submitted my application for the FA position on 9/15. On 9/26 i received an email saying my application had been sent to inflight recruiting and i may be selected for a video interview. The next day 9/27 i received an email stating i have been selected for a video interview. You have five days from the date you receive the email to complete the video interview. I recorded my interview on 10/02 and used the time beforehand to research the company and study for the questions i might be asked, All questions posted on here are the correct questions, and I highly suggest writing down your answers and studying the questions you possibly can. Remember to answer the questions in the STAR format (Situation, Task, Action, Result) and have multiple examples and situations prepared. DRESS EXACTLY like a Flight Attendant. This is the first form of physical contact the recruiters will have with you - I slicked my hair back, and wore a white button up, Black suit coat, and a tie. Utilize the practice questions to get a feel of the flow of the interview - it will help you immensely. Look into the camera on your phone/tablet/laptop etc. This gives the recruiters the impression you are giving eye contact! They are looking for content, not the perfect interview so just be yourself, be genuine in your answers, relax, and smile! I feel I did well personally, but i wont find out until up to 8 weeks, however it seems they are getting back to candidates faster than the time said. I am hoping for a face to face invite and by the grace of god may i get it!

I only say no because i have yet to hear back!
    Good Luck everyone! :)

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines.

Interview

I applied online. A couple weeks later, I got invitation mail for video interview. You have to take that video interview in 5 days. The video interview was difficult because you are not talking with real person but just recording yourself.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your self and how your background is good fit for united   Answer Question
    • Describe a difficult task you were faced wih   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2017.

Interview

I received a link invite for a video interview. The time frame to complete is limited (5 days) so you want to make sure you check your spam accounts so that you wont miss it. They'll send a heads up email first. Anywho you log onto the link and begin the interview, mine was 5 questions. I'd suggest the practice first just so you can get a good feel for it and make sure your positioning is ok as well. Now that it's complete it's a waiting game "/

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines.

Interview

The process has been pleasant and has moved very quickly. The moment you apply online start studying the questions on here for both the video interview and face to face! I applied online on November 5th, received my invitation for the video interview on November 7th, did the video interview on November 10th, and received my F2F invitation on November 13th. For the video interview, all of the questions I was asked were ones I'd studied from this site and the practice questions before the video interview were also questions asked during the interview itself so do them. Practice answering questions and do some reflecting on why it is that you want this position.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation at work that you wish you would have handled differently.   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines.

Interview

It only took 2 days to get the video interview after posting my resume, but I'm wondering how long it will take to hear back about the next step. Waiting to hear back. I highly suggest studying the companies goals and what they stand for and finding how you relate yourself to it.