United Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 19, 2017
2,038 Interview Reviews

2.9

Bilingual Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines in June 2017.

Interview

Be sure to use the filter and read every single share here because they are very accurate! The process moved very fast and the interview question are exactly the same as people shared here. There are 6 questions and 3 of them are from the practice session, remember to use the practice session as much as you need before the real interview because that is really helpful to ease your nerve. I submitted my application online on June 7, and got an email said I may receive an email with an invitation to complete an online video interview on June 8, I received an video interview email on June 13, and I completed my interview on the 5th day. And now waiting for my f2f interview, hope I am selected!

Interview Questions

• How will your previous work experience help you be a flight attendant?   1 Answer
    • Why United Airline?   1 Answer
    • What is your second language?   3 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines.

Interview

Went through online questionnaire then was asked to fly to Newark for in person interview. I had people who were in unprofessional attire wearing tattoos which is an airline policy you can't have and they made it further than I did. Horrible experience so glad I didn't get the job

Bi-lingual Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Cajon, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines (El Cajon, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Just got done doing a one way Video Interview (VI). On 06/12 I sent an application in and two days later I got invited through email to do a VI. They give you 5 days from the day you get the email to complete this. So I used three of my days to study everything I could find about this position and about the company. Glassdoor is a must if you want to do well. :-)

Interview Questions

• What was one situation in your job that you wished you would've handled differently?   1 Answer
    • What do you see the United Brand as and how would you represent it?   1 Answer
    • How would your past job experience help with being a flight attendant?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines in June 2017.

Interview

Passed the online interview which to me was a little nerve wrecking (good thing for the practice questions)A week later got a f2f. Super exited but have a question.

Bilingual Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines in June 2017.

Interview

Very easy and straight forward. Applied online June 4th, got the request for the video interview within a five-day window. I did the video interview on June 14th. The questions posted here on Glassdoor were really helpful. I practiced and made notecards. I thought it went well but heard back July 3, 2017, that I am not moving forward and consider reapplying in six moths. I am currently applying for another airline. All the flight attendant video blogs say apply and apply and apply. Good luck everyone!

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult customer service experience
      Name a time when you were proud of your accomplishment at work   1 Answer

Ramp Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Group setting initially including a presentation by multiple United employees. Then a sit-down, one-on-one interview with another person asking more specific questions. I encourage applicants to dress nice, not casual, be polite and you the best grammar possible.

Interview Questions

• Questions about relevant work experience. Much about your past working as a teammate and individually.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines in June 2017.

Interview

Applied on web site end of May and about two weeks later got a email for Video interview.
    After a month, got an email about result of the video interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a team effort   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Super easy. Most questions are structured and behavioral. When responding think of STAR. They also ask you about yourself and some technical questions to understand your skill set. They go over what the dept does, what you would be doing if hired and who you work with.

Ramp Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Interview

Interview went great. First a phone, then set a date for group interview which was actually a one on one with a recruiter. If you passed that,they walked you out,said congratulations for the premployment offer then sent you to a different room to talk to a recruiter who gave you a packet and set up dates with for all medical tests and fingerprinting to get done. The thing with medical was hearing,vision,drug and physical test. This was where the issue was with me. After everything was completed I get a call 3 days later saying I failed the physical test even though I passed everything else. This mind you is done by a third party health company and United does not get the results why. Just a pass/fail. Even the guy doing the test said I should get the job and most likely passed. I was stunned because one this was an easy test,two I did the same job for a different airline for four years prior with zero issues. A ramp employee should be tested on if they can lift the required pounds and not a muscle resistance or PCE chair test,see and hear. I firmly believe it's because of my size and weight that I was not hired. This company is fishy. I can't believe they allow a third party to tell them one is not capable of handling a job they physically have done for four years prior and never have I ever failed a physical test for a company. Way to destroy a person's dream company to work for. I'll keep trying mind you but the process as far as testing goes needs to change. So if you don't pass any of the premployment tests your offer right away gets rescinded even though you're capable of doing the job. Can't even go to your own physician to say hey the person is capable.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at United Airlines (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Behavorial based interview involving questions like "Tell me about a time when...". Some of the questions were pretty specific and not like the typical behavioral questions you would expect.

I did not have to go through a phone interview or 2nd in-person interview. Just one in-person interview and an offer was made.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you implemented a cost effective solution to increase productivity?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision - how did you explain your decision to your employees and your customers?   Answer Question