United Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,018 Interview Reviews

2.9

Bilingual Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied for the bilingual flight attendant position online and received an e-mail informing my profile had been shared with the Inflight Recruiting team the next day. On the second day after applying I received an e-mail inviting me for the video interview. I did it the same day and got an answer almost 3 weeks later, another e-mail informing I was being invited for a face to face interview.
    You call the number they send you so that they can schedule your interview and travel arrangements (I live more than a four hour drive from Houston so they cover the tickets. Hotel was on me).
    They fly you the day before which is great as it gives you time to prepare and be familiar with the options to get to the interview building (I stayed at the Best Western Plus and had to wait for more than 80 minutes in the airport the day before and the shuttle never showed up so I decided to take an Uber for my interview).
    When you get there, you sign in at the reception desk, then they take you to the room with the other applicants. They have a closet where you can put your suitcases/bags (as you will probably take them to the interview since the flight back home is a few hours after the interview). You have to provide them with your passport so they check for the expiration date and then you take a seat.
    Two senior flight attendants start with a presentation of the company, they share their stories and talk about benefits and then Q&A.
    Then they start calling a few candidates for an initial interview as the others just wait in the room. My interviewer went through the steps of the interview and then she started asking me about my experience (I'm sorry, I don't remember now what was asked exactly but I think there were about 10 questions). She was awesome. Very professional and prepared to write down all of my answers in full while interacting with me, always polite and smiling. It was contagious. I just loved that they have senior flight attendants doing that part of the process.
    When I finished my interview, they asked me to wait in another room and then two recruiting managers called my name and explained a little bit more about the position, base assignment, they asked a few other questions (why I want to be a flight attendant) and then told me the I'd receive an answer from them in 5 to 7 business days.
    Once that part was done I went to another training room and took the language exam. They provide you with a number to dial and a code and then you start speaking with the consultant in which language you're being evaluated and she asked me 12 questions that ranged from personal to general questions about life to situations that you might encounter when working as a flight attendant.
    That was it! I took the shuttle back to the airport and was able to find a seat in the next flight home instead of my evening flight back home.
    I had a positive experience and I think that the whole process is organized and well structured. Everyone involved is extremely professional, kind and they make you feel comfortable during the whole process. Just be prepared, well informed about the company and about yourself and why you want to become a flight attendant. It's important to elaborate your questions. Just be yourself and be able to share your reasons, motivation along. It's all about providing customers with a great service and dealing with stressful situations sometimes. If you have experience in the field, you can communicate it well and have a positive attitude about turning bad situations into a good learning experience, you'll be fine.
    Good luck to everyone!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you wished ou had done something differently   10 Answers

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines in April 2017.

Interview

My in person interview was scheduled after passing an online video interview. In person interview took place at the airport in a conference room where I met with two supervisors, both men. It was a bit intimidating, but a comfortable back and forth conversation where they would alternate asking situational questions. "Tell me about a time when..." Some of the questions I had already answered on my video interview previously. Just study the questions on Glassdoor and you will be prepared for both the video interview and in person interview! Interview took about 20 minutes, and when we were finished they told me they would be in touch with their decision. I was a bit nervous when I heard that because mostly everyone on this site was offered a job on the spot. However, 5 days later I received the job offer. I had to unfortunately decline because I would not be able to go away to a hub city for 3 weeks to do my training since I have a very young child. Side note- They offer full benefits to part-time employees which is unheard of nowadays.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when safety became a reality for you.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had a problem getting along with a coworker.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines.

Interview

The interview process was completed via online. All the questions can be found here at glassdoor. I found the practice interview helps a ton to try and get you to relax. They also give you one of the questions in the practice interview. I would recommend studying up on the company and practice your delivery. My nerves got the best of me and I did not feel I delivered a smooth flow for my presentation. This is my first online interview and its definitely a difference experience talking to your camera and trying to not look nervous.

Interview Questions

• They asked your reasons would you be a good fit to be a flight attendant.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines (Houston, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Submitted my online application on March 29th, got an invite to do the HireVue video interview on March 31st. Heard back on April 3rd about the face-to-face interview, which I have scheduled in a few weeks in Houston. The video interview I thought was pretty difficult, since it's hard to talk at yourself in a webcam without feeling a bit awkward. I was glad that they were looking for content instead of perfect eloquence, and I'm looking forward to get a chance to better represent in person instead of through a computer screen.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you would have done something differently.   3 Answers

FA Bilingual Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines in April 2017.

Interview

I Applied for bilingual FA.( English/Portuguese)
    My timeline:
    Applied (4/5/17)
    Video Interview Invitation (4/9/17)
    Completed Video Interview (4/14/17)
    Updated(4/18/17)
    Does anyone else have these same dates?
    PS: I don't think I did A good Job on VI, but still waiting ...

Interview Questions

• A Time you wish had done differently.   3 Answers

Bilingual Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Process seems to be moving fairly quickly! Applied only few days ago, within a day, I received an email informing me that I was selected to move forward & that I would be contacted soon on what my next step will be! 2 days later, I received a video interview invitation allowing 5 consecutive days to complete.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

1) Received an invite to participate in a phone interview. United emailed me at 8am that morning and offered five time slots only that day..... from just 10:30am until 3:00pm. Thankfully I had the ability to participate on such short notice.
    2) A week later received a phone call asking to come onsite at the Sears Tower for an in-person interview. I had about three days in advance to plan.
    3) The in-person interview was broken into three stages with three separate interviewers: director, senior analyst, and an analyst. Meeting with the director was fine, but the senior analyst was extremely unprofessional. They showed up to the interview admitting they did not know what my job description was and even worse without any of my supporting documents-- e.g. resume, cover letter, etc. It was so uncomfortable! This individual also spent more time complaining about their own move to Chicago from New York City and having culture shock. I could not believe the level of unprofessionalism. For most of that interview I felt as though I was actually interviewing them!
    4) A week and a half later received follow up that the hiring manager moved on with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me a time when you made a mistake that had a significant impact on a project. How did you handle it following up?   Answer Question

Business Development Program - Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Fairly typical behavioral interview. Interviewer had a packet of behavioral questions provided by the people running recruitment, and generally followed those while taking notes. Generally "tell me about a time when..." questions.

Revenue Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

4 hour time block for an hour long test, 3 45-minute manager interviews and an informal meeting with current analysts. The entire process was very relaxed and rather informal which I found to be great! They were more concerned with your knowledge of the industry and RM skills rather than behavioral-type questions.

Interview Questions

• What route would you start and why?   4 Answers

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at United Airlines (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Started off with United initially reaching out to me notifying me that they were interested in my qualifications. From there, I had to do a virtual video interview answering prompted questions when it was convenient for me. From there, I was invited to Chicago for a in-person interview. Now, I am waiting to hear back from them regarding a decision.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working at United Airlines?   1 Answer