United Airlines Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.9

209 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I took the online interview operated by Hirevue. You can have the practice session, but I still didn't do well when talking to the camera . Good luck to you guys!!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your customer service experiences.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Super easy. Most questions are structured and behavioral. When responding think of STAR. They also ask you about yourself and some technical questions to understand your skill set. They go over what the dept does, what you would be doing if hired and who you work with.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received a video interview invitation few days after. Remember to study the question beforehand. You can find all the questions on Glassdoor. Still waiting for the result, good luck everyone :)

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Application

Interview

Straightforward interview process. Took about 1 month. Had to do written test before practical/interview. After passing written test, the process was fast. They scheduled practical and interview very quickly.

Supervisor- Engine Overhaul and Repair Interview

Application

Interview

Very professional and comfortable interview. The interview was challenging as it had multiple parts, but was mainly "STAR" format. Phone interview and then a panel interview with managers. Travel arrangements for interview were flawless. Dress for Success!!!

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a union employee that has seniority and isn't performing like the company requires? How would you handle one on probation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Very quick. Applied 6/20/16, video interview invite 6/21/16, completed video interview 6/25/16, invite to come to SFO 6/29/16, interview at SFO on 7/13/16 and I heard back on 7/18/18. Didn't get an offer but it was great first experience.

Supervisor - Airframe Overhaul and Repair Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was a former United employee for 14 years and was laid off in 2005. I decided to apply to a Supervisor position. I got a call from HR about 2 weeks or so after submitting the on line application. They tried to feel me out for my salary expectations but I did not offer any citing that I do not have enough information yet without an interview to make a reasonable expectation. They then offered the base salary, $108k a year. I decided to proceed with scheduling an interview. On the day of the interview I showed up and was escorted to a room that had 3 managers that would interview me. We discussed the items on my resume and they asked some clarifying questions. I was then asked by each manager a situational type question and they wanted the answer in the STAR format if possible. Once the interview was done I was told they had others to interview and would let me know. Three weeks later I found out I was not selected by logging into my account and saw the status as Not Selected. I guess I expected too much by thinking I would at least get an automated email.

Interview Questions

• How have experiences in a previous position help you in a new area.   Answer Question

Senior Mgt Pstin Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at United Airlines (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The entire interview process was done very professionally and courteously. Each step of the way after the interviews I had the lead HR Recruiter always spoke to me either in person or via phone to ask how it went, do I have any further questions and what the next steps would be in the process. This was excellent communications to keep me the candidate informed about the progress. When I say the interview was difficult below, I am stating that you need to be prepared to speak to your skills, strengths, weakness and actual past job related examples to questions posed to you.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for United and how can you help United achieve its goals?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at United Airlines (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

At my school's career fair a few students, including myself, met with a recruiter, who went over the company, internship opportunity, then talked to each of us. I applied online following this process, and heard back a few months later. They flew me out to the San Francisco Technical Operations Base, had a panel interview with 3 interviewees and 1 interviewer, and then gave us a tour of the base.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines (San Francisco, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied on their website and it took exactly a month till I went to F2F interview.
    I was told winter is a slow hiring season so they won't be hiring on spot like they used to during the summer. I received the rejection e-mail within 3 days.
    I was very disappointed in the interview, none of the questions showcased why I want to work for United or why I am suitable for the position. Every question was all based on customer service skill and situational. I applied for language qualified FA but there was no acknowledgement or mention of that the whole interview. I really felt like United don't really care what kind of people they are hiring as long as they have good customer service skill. I'll never apply with them again.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a guest who would not put his laptop away?   Answer Question