United Airlines Senior Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

United Airlines Senior Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 30, 2017

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Three rounds of interviews, one case study, one Excel test. The entire process took 4 weeks from initial contact to offer. They changed the dates/times of interviews a few times, which was challenging.

Interview Questions

• Case study about the telecom industry - asking market sizing, business models and marketing questions specifically   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for United Airlines

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines (Chicago, IL).

Interview

4 parts: 1. a 20 minutes presentation with three audiences. 10 minutes Q&A 2. technical screening with two senior managers, asked about 7 statistical questions. 3. statistics written test, not so easy 4. half hour discussion with the director, ask behavior question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at United Airlines (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

First the candidate needs to introduce himself. Then interviewers asked some behavior questions and technical questions. Besides that, interviewers asked some technical questions about the projects I listed on my resume. Also interviewers were interested in candidate's programming skills.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at United Airlines (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online. There were two 1 hour interviews. The first interview focused primarily on behavioral questions, as well as, math/brain-teaser questions. The second interview delved into my skill-set; they asked technical questions for an excel and access user.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that a project didn't go your way and what happened.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Airlines (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

1-First, there was a screening phone call with some IQ questions
    2-A written exam in programming and optimizations or statistics
    3-A technical interview for 30 minutes
    4-A business interview for 30 minutes
    5-A presentation for 45 minutes with 3 attendants

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very inflexible. Just take it or leave it in 72 hours.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at United Airlines (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The process starts with a written test that is quite simple but requires about 10 hours to solve and write. I am still not sure what were the right solutions for some problems (they are written in business language), but guess I got good score.

The phone interview was quite easy. The interviewer was from my country, and we could communicate in our own language. We went through my CV/experience, then I was asked several questions that would be typical for an introductory course in my field. I prepared some questions to ask about the job, but we did not have time left. In particular, I wanted to know what kind of problems the group solves.

For the onsite interview, I had written test (with several other candidates in one room - did feel like a college exam). The written test again was quite fuzzy, but this is probably how everything works there.

The people are quite nice and relaxed, many wear jeans. There is a choice of coffee or water in the bistro.

The person I talked to was very friendly. However, he was from another group and could not explain what I will be doing. The cases I was solving also did not help me much in clarifying it. But this is not my concern, bc this is a short internship. I also got a feeling that the interviewer does not know much in my field - he confused correlation with independence and struggled with understanding the difference between weak and strong laws of large numbers.

My general impression is that they are concerned more about choosing right candidate (whatever they mean by this) for them instead of informing the candidate about the position.

Interview Questions

• Question about variables transformation in the regression.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines (Chicago, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

one round phone and then half day onsite with a onsite test and a presentation. interviews are technical, related to school work. you are asked to do a presentation about the topic of your choice. They judge communication and creativity of the work from the presentation. analysis skills are important. Thinking about any work you do that will prove a strong analysis skills.

Interview Questions

• how to schedule flight if you want a flight every hour between ord and ewr from 6:am to 9pm.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at United Airlines (Houston, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

Went smoothly. First a phone interview, followed by two in person interviews. 2nd interview was based on a form created by United with behavioral questions. Third interview was informal with management to make sure I was a good fit for the team

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a time when you worked with co-workers who were not agreeable to work with? If so when, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines (Chicago, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

The initial step was a phone interview and then that was followed by one in-person interview with the direct manager and director. The in-person interview occured a week after the initial phone screen.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had an issue working with others and how did you resolve the issue and finish the project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at United Airlines (Chicago, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

First round was a telephone Interview by the manager. I was later called in for a personal interview. It was for almost an hour and I was interviewed by the manager and the MD.

Final offer was made after two weeks and I accepted it.

Interview Questions

• Describe about how you can get information you need for any project?   Answer Question