United Airlines Senior Analyst Operations Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

United Airlines Senior Analyst Operations Research Interview Questions

Senior Operations Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at United Airlines (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was the worst experience of all the interviews that I have done so far. They were hesitant at first to get me a hotel for the night before the interview. They did not even pay for the hotel breakfast. They asked not to spend more than $25 for food per day. They said they will not pay the transportation costs in your hometown towards the airport.
The behavior of the interviewers were not friendly during the interview process, especially from the manager!! They were extremely arogant. During my presnetation some of the audiance were playing with their cell phones.

Interview Questions

• Asking many mathematical modeling questions. Different but very easy ones. The interesting thing was that at the final step, the manager said that they did not need someone familiar with operations research!!! This was contradictory to the job posting. In such a case, why they were asking those many questions about mathematical modeling!? I got the impression that they might want to hire someone from inside and my interview was just a filling the requirement. Even I get a job offer, I am not willing to work for them.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for United Airlines

Senior Analyst Operations Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at United Airlines (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

It was a phone interview, and was conducted by a Senior Consultant. The interview was a little more than 1 hour. Starting with some basic questions, like tell me about yourself, and then move on to technical questions, like ask me to describe the operations research as well as statistical skills that I have learned through my past experience. I have been asked four maths questions. Those questions are not hard at all, except one that might need some time to think over. I was not able to pass to the on-site interview, where I have been told through an hr about one month after the phone interview.

Interview Questions