United Airlines Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

United Airlines Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Dec 16, 2016

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and attached my resume and cover letter. Few days later, United Airlines send me an notice to do a video interview. After few days, I got another email to do the video interview in 5 days. Now, I'm waiting for United Airline decision.

Interview Questions

• What is a decision I made where I wish I had done it differently.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I have not heard anything from United Airlines yet after the video interview.

Flightline Aircraft Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at United Airlines (Dulles, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

In depth, with hands on, and write test. With 30 years experience there was no trouble explain my knolage and landing the job. All the questions were related to general avaitation maintenance.

Interview Questions

• Do to company policy I am not able to discuss any in depth information from the interview peocess.   1 Answer

Negotiation

This is a union contract position. No negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at United Airlines (Washington, DC) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview process moved very quickly.
    Applies September 16
    September 19 I got an email saying my app was being reviewed
    September 20 I received an video interview invite
    Completed the interview September 23

Interview Questions

• What do you know about united as a bran and how will you represent it ?
      Tell us about a time you wish you handle a situation differently?
      What experiences have prepared you for this position ?
      Anything else you would like united to know about you?
      5 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at United Airlines (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

I completed the online application on May 26, received the video interview invite on just before midnight May 30, and completed it on June 4, after studying and preparing for it by looking here and for tips on you tube.
    It was not as hard as I was worried about and the questions I had were mostly here in some form.
    I did the practice questions until I was so comfortable I could almost laugh through it. Definitely do the practice questions until you are completely comfortable talking to the camera.
    If I can do it confidently after being out of the workplace for more than a decade, you can too!

Interview Questions

• What is a decision I made where I wish I had done it differently.   1 Answer

Hub Maintenance Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines (Dulles, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

I received a call approximately 3 weeks after applying online, to schedule an interview. All the instructions were sent through emails including flight information to the interview site. The interview itself was based on hypothetical questions, they asked what would I do if I was in a series of different scenarios. The two gentlemen that performed the interview were accommodating and made me feel very comfortable. I received an offer 3 weeks after that and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you get multiple callers at the same time, your manager, your supervisor, your wife and a pilot reporting a maintenance issue? Who takes priority?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at United Airlines (Rockville, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

It was very simple, applied one day and got the interview notification the next day....however by it being my first time doing a video interview I wasn't fully prepared and GlassDoor makes it quite difficult being that I studied most of the questions on this site and only was asked one of them...I was really bummed and of course was not selected for a face to face but from what I hear even getting the video interview is a milestone and very tough to land. My words of advice is to NEVER give up, if the front door closes just go around back!

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines (Washington, DC) in November 2015.

Interview

Very direct and to-the-point. In the first interview, all questions are industry-based and focused on the position; there were no behavioral questions. If you get past the first interview, candidates are flown to Chicago for a quantitative test and additional interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

Process was very fast at first. My timeline is:
    6/23 Application
    6/23 Foward to recruitment
    6/25 Invited to video interview
    6/26 Finish video interview

I am still waiting to hear back from them . I hope and pray I at least get a f2f interview. I really want this and want to be with United.

Ramp Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United Airlines (Dulles, VA) in May 2014.

Interview

I've applyed online and lady from hr called 2 weeks later. There was a quick phone screening then the interview a week later. The interview was 2 on 1. Hr and a trainer. It was by the star process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at United Airlines (Dulles, VA) in April 2014.

Interview

I've applied online. A week later I was called for a quick phone screening and I was given a date for the interview. On the day of the interview there was a quick presentation of the company with HR, Recruiting and station trainers. The interview was fairly short and it was by the STAR Process. The interview was 2 on 1.

Interview Questions

• I was not expecting the interview to be STAR.   1 Answer