United Bank of Alabama Interview Questions | Glassdoor

United Bank of Alabama Interview Questions

2.5

Retail Banker I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atmore, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Bank of Alabama (Atmore, AL) in September 2015.

Interview

Shortly after applying at United Bank for the position of Retail Banker I, I was contacted by the HR Manager for an interview. During the interview I was asked mostly about my educational background and what areas of the bank interested me the most. After the interview the HR Manager wanted me to then interview with the Branch Manager and Assistant Branch Manager. It was during this interview that I was asked about my previous employment, etc. Following this interview, I was then led to a room to take a series of tests for the position. After completing the test, I was then told to go back to the office of the HR Manager where I would have another interview with the bank's president. Shortly after this interview I left with high hopes! I was contacted by the HR Manager a week later wanting me to interview with other employees at the bank. It was at this time that I asked where I stood with my application for employment for the position of Retail Banker I. The HR Manager told me that the interview process was not for employment but rather to get to know me? I was speechless and kindly declined the offer for future interviews. Had I not asked where my application stood, I would still be getting led to believe that I was going to get hired for a position that more than likely never existed. The way I was done was very unprofessional. Hope this helps!

Credit Officer Interview

Interview

Went for the first interview shortly after a meet and greet. Was about a 45 minute interview, mainly focusing on behavioral questions. Interview with two people and was asked back for an additional interview later on. Appeared to be a standard interview no real difficult questions or curve balls.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation in which you didn't preform as you would have liked to?   Answer Question

Region Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at United Bank of Alabama in March 2012.

Interview

Arrived 15 minutes prior to interview. After eating 20 minutes, was advised the will be a delay. Waited for additional 35 minutes and was given entry to another waiting area. Staff iwas highly courteous and attentive. After another 10 minute interviewer arrived.

Interviewer requested a summary of my background. Questioned me on a few areas and informed me the position I was seeking was not available and asked if I would accept a lesser role in the company.

I thanked the interviewer for the time and sent them a thank you email..

Interview Questions

• Describe the sons for changing career paths   1 Answer

The position offed was not in my best interest.