United Launch Alliance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 28, 2017

2.5

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Launch Alliance (Denver, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

First step was phone screening by recruiter, followed by in person interview , process was simple but a little protracted as it took about four weeks total from first contact to actual interview.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Launch Alliance (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone screen with HR rep, covering basic questions relevant to job.
    Phone screen with manager covering more detailed technical questions.
    Invited to interview with direct supervisor on locations, covering more job specific information as well as company and plant tour

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Launch Alliance (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Screening through email. Then they called to do more screening. Set up a phone interview.
    A lot of behavioral questions. Mostly based on your resume. They want to see how you can handle situations, and to see if you have a passion for space.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at United Launch Alliance in October 2016.

Interview

I was phone-screened and told I would hear back within a couple of weeks. I never heard back. The screen consisted mostly of personality questions (why do you want to work here?, etc...).

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at United Launch Alliance (Centennial, CO).

Interview

First there was a call from the ULA hired company, IBM to set up the interview. Then there was a call from the hiring manager. Then a formal interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What are your greatest strengths?
      What are your greatest weaknesses?
      Tell me about something you did – or failed to do – that you now feel a little.
      ashamed of.
      Why should I hire you?   1 Answer

Embedded Systems Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at United Launch Alliance.

Interview

Applied online, contacted by a recruiter a few days later to schedule a phone screen and additional application paperwork. Had another phone interview a couple of weeks later, and a technical phone interview a week after that. Everything went great and they flew me to Colorado for an in person interview and a tour of the facility. I had to pay for it up front, but was (eventually) reimbursed - about $800 total! The in-person interview went well, and I was told I would hear a response in a couple of weeks. When that time went by, I tried to contact my recruiter, but could never get a hold of her. After calling for weeks, she contacted me back with no new information. She said she didn't know anything, and in fact said they hand't even made any decisions about the 3 open positions. This went on for a while before I assumed they weren't going to give me an offer and just didn't let me know. It was 3 months to the day I first applied when I received a generic "thanks, but not thanks" email. This process was so slow, and I was not given any feedback as to why I didn't get an offer even though all of the interviews had gone great.

Program Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Canaveral, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at United Launch Alliance (Cape Canaveral, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Overall the interview was very straightforward. It was almost exclusively STAR questions, so prepare your answers ahead of time. The interview lasted about an hour, with a short meet and greet with the team afterwards.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing on your resume that you're most proud of?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a situation where you're given a project with a deadline that conflicts with another project you have already committed to?   1 Answer

Dynamic Environments Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at United Launch Alliance in February 2016.

Interview

Applied in January. Two days later contacted by recruiter to confirm basic screening questions. Paperwork regarding last 7 years of experience.
    Scheduled phone interview with hiring manager a few weeks later. Interview lasted about an hour. Mostly behavioral questions, explanation of previous internships, technical teamwork experiences, etc.

Interview Questions

• -Where do you see yourself in the company in a few years?
      -Teamwork accomplishments
      -describe some of your flaws   Answer Question

Systems Engineer(CompSi) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at United Launch Alliance (Denver, CO) in November 2015.

Interview

Sent in a Resume in October, got a email back for some more information about a month later. One week after that i was called by HR for an interview setup. Total process took 3 months.

Interview Questions

• STAR questions: Describe a situation where you.... How are you in X Situation..... IfX problem came up how would you solve.... No actual field related questions. One interview.   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Launch Alliance.

Interview

Phone screening at a random time, whenever they deem it necessary without being told when; then, interview. Afterward, drug test. Then, submit your transcript after each semester to make sure you remain above 2.9 GPA.

Interview Questions

• If you couldn't make it to a meeting where your group assigned tasks, and you were assigned to make the report, what would you do?   1 Answer