United Microelectronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at United Microelectronics

2.4

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at United Microelectronics (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2011.

Interview

HR will contact you by phone, and offer to conduct the interview by phone if you're overseas. Alternatively, if you choose to do it in person, you will be interviewed by the manager of the department you are applying for. If all goes ok, they will let you know the results within a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience in leading a production team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United Microelectronics (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2016.

Interview

HR will make a phone call to have a first screening, then they will email to you the date and time for face to face interview. During the interview, HR will give you a short IQ test, about 1hours to answer the question, then the hiring manager will come in to interview you. Asking your previous working experience, willing to working overtime or not, and the working environment is very challenging and high stress, are you ready to cope it?

Interview Questions

• What you know about semiconductor? Why you wanted to work with us?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at United Microelectronics (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2016.

Interview

Explaining the basic principle of working content. Describing personality, and the way for solving problems. Give an example for everything that you have mentioned.

Interview Questions

• What's the reason to leave current company.   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at United Microelectronics (Taipei (Taiwan)) in April 2018.

Interview

Skype interview. Brief introduction of personal background, working experience, working content and working skills.

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Microelectronics (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2017.

Interview

Quite an easy interview on your particulars and career objectives with this company.
    However the interview process was done in Chinese and you need to be good at it.
    Had an IQ test beforehand which you need to finish in 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with us and how do you suits yourself the position applied.
      What is your weakness and strength.
      How do you cope with stress as the working environment is harsh here.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United Microelectronics (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied through a campus job fair and the process took 4+ weeks

Interview Details – Skype interview is required.

Interview Questions:
    1.Tell me about yourself
    2.Explain semiconductor thin-film process. How much you know in back-end, like CMP and plating?
    3.Personality check
    4.Are you willing to work oversea.
    6.Q&A

Production Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Microelectronics (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was quite smooth and HR was quite nice to reschedule my interview appointment when I informed them I was not available for the original date. Before the interview began, candidates had to complete a numerical and logical quiz on the spot, and the allowable time was around 45 minutes. The interview was conducted by a senior representative of the department which the job position belongs to.

Photo-lithography Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United Microelectronics (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2015.

Interview

No much technical but need to able to work shift and OT, technical skill will train during OJT, fresh engineer have to catch up faster seems there are too much things to learn and master it

Interview Questions

• Reason to join this company   1 Answer

Thin Film Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Microelectronics (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2016.

Interview

first, it is written test, about the IQ. It takes about 10 mins to finish it, then two HR come and ask me something simple about the background of my education and it takes 30 mins to finish it.

Process Integration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at United Microelectronics (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2016.

Interview

Hiring process is overall, good. Recruiter replied every question that I had, and the interview arrangement was flexible as well. However, as this is a Taiwan-based company, so the second interview was carried out in Mandarin. Get prepared for it! Not much technical question asked, maybe cos I'm a fresh entry. They focused more on your background, problem solving skills, teamwork.