United Nations Foundation Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 3, 2017

3.1

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at United Nations Foundation (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

First I had an in person interview with two people in the department, which went well and was pretty standard. After they asked me to do a second round, I had two phone interviews (for logistical reasons) with another person in the department and one that oversees multiple departments. I was offered the position the next day. The whole process (from the time I applied) took about a week.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you think need improvement and what are you doing to work on them?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at United Nations Foundation (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and about one month later was called for a phone interview. The call was with two people but done separately. My second interview was the following week at their offices. Received rejection email five weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Questions were standard. The first interview was more technical and second more about organizational culture.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at United Nations Foundation (Washington, DC) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone Screening interview. I talked with three people on the phone. It was challenging and difficult to listen clearly to them . However, they were very nice and accommodated. Only asked like 2-3 basic questions about my background and resume. I asked them a lot in return and it seemed to really get the conversation going.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at United Nations Foundation (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

Nearly a month after I submitted my application materials, I received a brief telephone call asking a few basic but bold questions (what is your current salary? how much notice must you give at your current job? etc). The caller was curt. Then received an email 5 days later regarding an in-person interview. The actual interview took place a week later. The assistant showed me to the wrong conference room. The main program manager apologize when he arrived 20 minutes late but it was still nerve-wracking. Then he began with "what questions do you have for me?" and that was unsettling as well. The interview itself was very unstructured, almost without any direction at all. At the end of the interview, he asked for references. He also requested a writing sample and I sent one via email. A few days later, the assistant requested another, long writing sample. A few days after that, I received an email that I was no longer in the hunt for a second interview. Overall, the process was seemed rather opaque and unnecessarily long.

Interview Questions

• What questions do you have for me? I will see your current Exec Dir tonight at an event - mind if I speak with her/her about you?   1 Answer

Shot@Life Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Nations Foundation (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

It was over the phone, and they were very personable. They wanted to know what my motivation was for applying and what I knew about the organization and the campaign itself. This was easy with the use of some Google. They wanted to know also how my past experience would impact my future work with them. The fact that I didn't have as prestigious of a resume as other applicants was not an issue.

Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United Nations Foundation (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

There was an initial screening interview that lasted about 45 minutes. This was followed by a more formal interview at the office with the hiring manager and one other person from the team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The negotiation phase involved submitting my salary requirements to HR, then several rounds of salary negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Nations Foundation (Washington, DC) in November 2014.

Interview

I got a call from HR informing me of the interview a week after I applied online. An employee also referred me.
    The interview was with my supervisor who asked general questions about my background and how it relates to the internship. It wasn't too difficult or tricky.
    A week later I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions like why I wanted to intern at UNF, why I was interested in the opportunity, and how I thought I was fit for it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United Nations Foundation (Washington, DC).

Interview

Phone interview: asked in depth questions about what I wanted to get out of this position

Interview Questions

• What are three things you would change about the department?   Answer Question

Negotiation

accepted offer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at United Nations Foundation (Washington, DC) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard: after submitting my application online, I received an email from the recruiter saying they would like to speak with me about the position. I had an initial interview with a manager on the team, then did an in-person interview which lasted about 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to give examples of previous work experiences which demonstrated that I could perform the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Nations Foundation (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied for an intern position online and got an interview a few weeks later. The interview was OK, and they said, "we'll contact you next week". But it just never happened - no response ever since, not even a rejection email. I sent a follow-up email to the interviewer, reiterating my interested and trying to ask about the status, but still got ignored and no response. Kinda frustrating.

I understand no response for a resume-only-application. But come on, this is a in-person interview...I mean, I would be OK with the fact that I am not qualified and thus rejected, but not like this, not like a silent, rude rejection.

Such wouldn't be the boss i'd like to work with anyway.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself and why you applied for this position   Answer Question