United Nations Information Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

United Nations Information Technology Interview Questions

Interviews at United Nations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at United Nations (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

The UN recruitment process is fairly standardized. You submit your application online using a corporate tool for that purpose. If the hiring manager finds your profile interesting you may be invited for a written test (did not happen in this particular case, but in others), the next step is one or more competency based interviews (the UN has a defined set of competencies with clear criteria). In this case I had a Skype interview, which is rare. More common are phone interviews or video-conference interviews (if the hiring duty station is different than where you currently are) or on-site interviews (if you can travel). In very rare, exceptional cases you may be invited and travel will be paid by the organization (this happened to me only twice). Follow-up interviews may happen, but are also rare. The recruiter would then decide whether you are a good fit for the job (which could be more than one candidate) and put you on the "recommended list". This list is then submitted for internal review by appropriate bodies. The approved recommended list will then be returned to the head of the department for the selection of one candidate (the head typically follows the recommendation of the hiring manager). Other candidates on the recommended list are placed on a roster for similar positions. The selected candidate is informed.

The main drawback is that this process can take a very long time. Rarely it is quicker than 6 months and there are situations where recruitment took almost 2 years for a single position.

Interview Questions

• What would be your ideal job/position if you could freely choose?   2 Answers

In the meantime I had received a different offer, which I preferred.

Other Interview Reviews for United Nations

Information Technology Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Nations in June 2018.

Interview

Applied and within 2 weeks asked to do written test..fingers crossed I get called for the interview..I am hoping this process doesn't go into many months or in some cases 1 year!

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nairobi (Kenya)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Nations (Nairobi (Kenya)) in March 2016.

Interview

It was quite relaxed.. The interview questions were more competency based and it took 30 minutes from start to finish.
    There were a lot of follow up questions in regards to your answers to the competency based questions initially asked.
    It was a panel of four members. Each member had situational question to ask you and the others would ask lots of follow up questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were involved in a team and what challenges did you face? What responsibilities were u involved in?was the team project successful?   Answer Question