United Nations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

United Nations Interview Questions

Updated Feb 26, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at United Nations (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with my soon-to-be supervisor and the two outgoing interns. Several questions were asked by the two interns and the supervisor, following which I was allowed to ask them any questions I had. The interns and supervisor were friendly and warm, questions asked by them required a certain level of thinking on your feet. Answers were the key deciding factor since it was a phone interview and not through Skype. Overall a good interview experience.

My advice is to prepare well for the interview, and link all your past experiences to every question they ask and required competency listed on the job outline. Prepare good questions as well to show your sincerity and enthusiasm about working for them.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply for this specific position?
      Have you ever worked or been in a multicultural environment before? If yes, please elaborate.
      How would you handle multiple deadlines?

Team Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Nations (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Seemingly hurried, by the way the lead panelist presented it. He literally rushed over their names during introduction, told me we had only 20 minutes to be done. Only 2 questions from the Competencies, one of the panelists was very soft, could hardly hear her. All in all, its mid-Dec & still waiting for feedback.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why you feel you are the best Candidate for this post?   Answer Question

Partnership Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at United Nations (New York, NY).

Interview

I had an interview with three hiring managers from different units sitting in New York and Southeast Asia. Got an offer the same day. The interview was straightforward and considered easy. Very positive experience. There was only one interview and no phone screenings.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at United Nations in October 2016.

Interview

i applied in March, 2016. i never heard back until October, 2016. i had a phone interview, then was offered the position. there were my supervisor and another panel over the phone, they were both very friendly!

Interview Questions

• 1. how to deal with conflicts in a team work environment?
      2. your background

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Nations (New York, NY).

Interview

First and foremost, be easy to meet with. Be on time, efficient, and prepared so the person doesn’t have to sit there for five extra minutes watching you rifle through your bag for a resume or pen. Work to create an engaging, enjoyable conversation with your interviewer so that the time this person has to spend with you feels like time well-spent, even if he or she was silently dreading it before you arrived.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Nations.

Interview

Had a phone interview with tow officers, and then after a few days received the offer from the office. The whole process was quite easy actually. Just be true and know about the office before interviewing. No on-site interview needed. The officers are quite friendly as well.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at United Nations (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

phone call, and they ask me when I can start work, and ask me several easy questions, after that, they decided give me an offer, and because I have work here in other NGO under the United Nations. So I think it is kind of extra scores for my offer.

Team Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at United Nations (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process consists of a face-to-face panel interview and a computer-based GGST test at its computer lab several days after the panel interview. There were five people on the panel. Three of them are bosses and two of them are departing employees. Each of them asked questions for at least twenty minutes.

Interview Questions

• Q1.Tell us about a situation when you went above and beyond your manager's expectations.
      Q2. Give an example of a time when you used your problem solving abilities to resolve an issue?
      Q3. Tell us about a time where you had a number of demands being made on you at the same time? How did you handle it?

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Nations (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

This intern position is offered by the Department of Field Support. I applied on their website. It took about 2 weeks to proceed. First there's a 30-minute excel test (pivot) and then followed by a phone interview one week later. That's it. No onsite interviews. Another week later, I got the offer by email. For this department, you can choose to be part-time or full-time.

Interview Questions

• case study to calculate how many cars needed and behavioural questions.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at United Nations in June 2016.

Interview

Applied the internship at May 15th. The deadline of the application was May 30th. I got a Email from UN at June 2 that asked for my availability and told me I have a great profile for the job. He will check with the HR to confirm my eligibility and send out a offer.

Interview Questions

I got another dream job.