United Nations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

United Nations Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Nations (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

They are really nice. More for the general behavioral question. They just want to talk to you and get know what skills set you have to see if you fit for the position.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at United Nations (New York, NY).

Interview

applied online then received an email to schedule a Phone interview. The phone interview was about 20 min. I was asked about my cv, and past experiences and what I would be able to add to the department I applied for.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Nations.

Interview

I applied online via Inspira and received an email a week or two after the application deadline with an invitation for an interview. The interview was held over the phone by two staff members.

Interview Questions

• Pick a peacekeeping operation and describe the main challenges they encountered   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at United Nations (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

The window for application was 14 days. I went through a really long form in Inspira and got the offer 8 days after the application system was closed. No reference letter or phone interview required probably cause I am not in US. It is preferable to provide as many professional experiences as possible.

Interview Questions

• The cover letter asks about why you are fit for the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Nations (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

It was pretty standard, we went over my resume discussed my strengths and weaknesses, reasons for wanting to work there. It was also a group interview.My future supervisor and the outgoing intern both interviewed me.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Nations (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted over email to answer questions via an online video platform. The website gave me 30 seconds to think about each question and a few minutes to answer them. They were then uploaded automatically.

Application

Interview

Simple progress, two phone calls, one from HR asked about general information; Second from the supervisor ask more education and technique details. The overall progress less than 3 weeks. Hiring progress complete in a week.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at United Nations (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with my soon-to-be supervisor and the two outgoing interns. Several questions were asked by the two interns and the supervisor, following which I was allowed to ask them any questions I had. The interns and supervisor were friendly and warm, questions asked by them required a certain level of thinking on your feet. Answers were the key deciding factor since it was a phone interview and not through Skype. Overall a good interview experience.

My advice is to prepare well for the interview, and link all your past experiences to every question they ask and required competency listed on the job outline. Prepare good questions as well to show your sincerity and enthusiasm about working for them.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply for this specific position?
      Have you ever worked or been in a multicultural environment before? If yes, please elaborate.
      How would you handle multiple deadlines?   Answer Question

Team Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Nations (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Seemingly hurried, by the way the lead panelist presented it. He literally rushed over their names during introduction, told me we had only 20 minutes to be done. Only 2 questions from the Competencies, one of the panelists was very soft, could hardly hear her. All in all, its mid-Dec & still waiting for feedback.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why you feel you are the best Candidate for this post?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at United Nations in October 2016.

Interview

i applied in March, 2016. i never heard back until October, 2016. i had a phone interview, then was offered the position. there were my supervisor and another panel over the phone, they were both very friendly!

Interview Questions

• 1. how to deal with conflicts in a team work environment?
      2. your background   Answer Question