United Natural Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

42 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Purchasing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at United Natural Foods (Denver, CO).

Interview

I couldn't find anything positive about this company and should have walked out of the interview when they couldn't answer what the culture was like. The icing on the cake was when one of them asked what my weakness was.

Interview Questions

• What was my weakness? At this point, I should have stopped the interview and walked out.   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Natural Foods (Sacramento, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied on line; HR called for an in person interview with manager and lead Buyer. Tough questions but typical of an interview. All questions related to past experience. Be honest as it will determine if you are a true fit for the job. It took about 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage a busy desk and stay organized?   1 Answer

Sales and Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at United Natural Foods (Providence, RI).

Interview

I was called in to interview twice. Before the second interview they called and asked me to interview for a "more prestigious" position. After being told I was perfect for the job I asked when to follow up. After following up, I noticed everyone avoided reaching out to me. To this day no word from this company. All emails and voicemails went unanswered. Very poor and unprofessional way to handle an interview.

Key Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at United Natural Foods (Rocklin, CA).

Interview

I was sent an email and scheduled to meet in the morning. The email included the date, time and locations of the interview. It also included the names of the interviewers and times. Standard behavioral questions with 2 different managers were asked. Then there was a background check, and drug test that had to be done.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you would handle a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did negotiate my pay, stating my years of experience and skills, and my pay request was accepted, but not by much.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moreno Valley, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at United Natural Foods (Moreno Valley, CA).

Interview

I received a phone call from the on staff recruiter. Then had a phone interview. Then went in for an interview with the manager on two different occasions. Then was called back in to fill out the application. Then was offered the job a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were base on the job description.   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at United Natural Foods.

Interview

I sat down with my Manager and Director to review the position available, my work experience and expectations of the job. Informed me of performance reviews, weekly and monthly goals and what is expected each day. They brought up my past experience, both within UNFI and outside, asked how it pertains to the functions of my duties, and if I thought that it would help.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you are a good candidate for this position?   1 Answer

Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Natural Foods (Greenwood, IN).

Interview

You are given a tour of the warehouse so you can see the different environments you might be working in. The is grocery, cooler and freezer. You then finish with the interview questions. If you are offered a positions you have to take a drug screen, background and work related physical.

Interview Questions

• Have you had a job where you had to pick at a rate?   Answer Question
    • Can you work in the different environments in the warehouse? Past experiences.   Answer Question
    • What type of equipment have you used? Pallet jack, lift, etc .   Answer Question
    • What is your definition of a safety conscious worker?   Answer Question

Accounts Receivable Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at United Natural Foods (Rocklin, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

It was quick and friendly. Once I had entered into the building I was greeted within 5 seconds and the secretary knew who I was and that she was expecting me. I was interviewed by the lead members of AR during my first interview. Then my second interview was with the AR supervisor. I received an offer the following day.

Interview Questions

• Where did I see myself within 5 years.   1 Answer

Merchancise Picker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at United Natural Foods.

Interview

Easy and brief I dressed professional as usual. Standard interview questions none difficult at all. After I was done with that I was scheduled for a group orientation the following week for 3 days straight and after that I was hired.

Interview Questions

• What was you last job? Make sure you have related experience.   Answer Question

Order Selector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Prescott, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at United Natural Foods (Prescott, WI) in September 2015.

Interview

At the time they were desperate for employees so very straight forward, they were hiring basically anyone they could find as Selectors or Loaders. Even with no training or experience in warehouse operations. Very high turn over rate so positions as selecting and loading are always opening up. Interviewer was very polite. Discussed UNFI point system and attendance expectations and policies.

Interview Questions

• If I was available and could work long hours, that varied day to day. If I had operated a pallet jack before, can I life all day varying hours. Availability on weekends.   1 Answer