United Rentals Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

United Rentals Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 1, 2017

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Applied online. Phone interview, the lady was very reluctant conducting phone interview. She did not ask many questions and when I asked her questions she basically did not answer my question.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for United Rentals

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at United Rentals (Lawrenceville, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview your typical easy interview, get to know you, talk about to company and opportunities within the company. Drove home the point they like to promote within which is nice. Talked about the longevity of employees with the company.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good employee?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at United Rentals (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I had previously done the same role for Hertz Equipment Rental, so the interview was basically a breeze. When i called to check on the opening, the manager happened to have my resume in his hand, which was odd and clearly to my advantage. I was able to push my way into a brief interview over the phone at that point. After i went into the interview, it was clear that i knew my way around the position.

Interview Questions

• If a customer comes in with his own trailer, do you load the equipment on his trailer or do you have him load it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at United Rentals (Denton, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee of the company. I applied online and sent my resume to the branch manager. I was contacted a few days later by someone from HR giving me an overview of the company and position. She asked me a few questions about my background and we set up an in-person interview with the branch manager the following week.
    The interview was pretty casual, nothing too stressful. I also met with the district manager who asked me similar questions and just wanted to get to know me more.

A week later, I received a call from the branch manager offering me a position.

Interview Questions

• What's your greatest hesitation if you got this position?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United Rentals.

Interview

I met the branch manager at a job fair for my university, there wasn't a position open initially but we stayed in touch until a position became available. I had one phone interview, one interview with just the branch manager and a final panel interview with an outside sales representative and the District manager. There was about a week and half between each interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiate for pay, but there wasn't reason to negotiate either. The pay is very competitive for right out of college.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at United Rentals.

Interview

The process took about 3 months with different phone interviews. The first phone interview lasted about 15 minutes, while the other ones lasted about 30-40 minutes. Between each interview I waited a couple weeks before hearing about the next interview.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at United Rentals.

Interview

Well, a long process to say the least I had a recruiter contact me after applying online about another position that happen to be the ISR position, however there was not a position open in the area I was at and was directed to look up other locations. Had great results from the personality quiz so just thought I would get on somewhere. Sat down with 3 different locations and hiring mangers. The last location had an interview with district manager told me I would hear from him in about 2 weeks never did, contacted the recruiter they said he had not made a discussion until I said I couldnt wait and took another job offer.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United Rentals in November 2015.

Interview

Received a rejection letter from HR initially then a week later an email requesting I schedule a phone interview. When I responded with my availability a meeting with the hiring manager was offered instead. Met with branch and operations manager for about an hour or so. Told me I would hear back if I was selected to speak with the District Manager. I interviewed with the DM and BM a week after first interview, and received the offer the next day. Not a lot of stem questions but more questions about how you fit with the culture...

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hooksett, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Rentals (Hooksett, NH) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online, the application was pretty standard and featured assessments and a questionnaire. i had a phone interview first with a corporate HR personnel and then in person interview with branch manager. the manager told me i would receive notice in about a week, but then i received an email 2 days later letting me know they had chose someone else for the position

Interview Questions

• asked mostly about experience specifics. no real tough question. had clear things they were looking for   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Rentals in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online. Had to take a test during the job application. I was called a week after I applied to set up an interview. During the interview with the Branch Manager, we went over the test and what kind of experience I have. Honestly there were no STAR questions which I really liked.

After that a second interview was set up with the Regional Manager. Asked similar questions that the Branch Manager asked, however they were more how I would fit in with the team and how I do with team environments as well as multi-tasking. After that interview I was called a week later and I got the job.

Overall the interview is not that bad. Make sure that you are yourself and you explain to them how you approach situations. Like I said I didn't have to explain any past experiences (Star Interview), they just wanted to know how I would react to certain situations.

Interview Questions

• There were none. You only make the questions difficult on yourself if you don't have the experience they are actually looking for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I might have been able to negotiate. However, I just took the offer as it is mainly because I am still somewhat entry level.