United Rentals Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 10, 2017

2.8

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at United Rentals.

Interview

I applied online for the job opening. A Regional Recruiter reached out to me about job details. Lastly there was a very relaxed phone interview with BM and DSM. Smooth and professional process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for United Rentals

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at United Rentals.

Interview

The interview was with the branch manager. My previous work experience was discussed. We went over the job description and responsibilities for this position. The next step was to be an interview with the district manager.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Applied online. Phone interview, the lady was very reluctant conducting phone interview. She did not ask many questions and when I asked her questions she basically did not answer my question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at United Rentals (Lawrenceville, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview your typical easy interview, get to know you, talk about to company and opportunities within the company. Drove home the point they like to promote within which is nice. Talked about the longevity of employees with the company.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good employee?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at United Rentals (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I had previously done the same role for Hertz Equipment Rental, so the interview was basically a breeze. When i called to check on the opening, the manager happened to have my resume in his hand, which was odd and clearly to my advantage. I was able to push my way into a brief interview over the phone at that point. After i went into the interview, it was clear that i knew my way around the position.

Interview Questions

• If a customer comes in with his own trailer, do you load the equipment on his trailer or do you have him load it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at United Rentals (Denton, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee of the company. I applied online and sent my resume to the branch manager. I was contacted a few days later by someone from HR giving me an overview of the company and position. She asked me a few questions about my background and we set up an in-person interview with the branch manager the following week.
    The interview was pretty casual, nothing too stressful. I also met with the district manager who asked me similar questions and just wanted to get to know me more.

A week later, I received a call from the branch manager offering me a position.

Interview Questions

• What's your greatest hesitation if you got this position?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United Rentals.

Interview

I met the branch manager at a job fair for my university, there wasn't a position open initially but we stayed in touch until a position became available. I had one phone interview, one interview with just the branch manager and a final panel interview with an outside sales representative and the District manager. There was about a week and half between each interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiate for pay, but there wasn't reason to negotiate either. The pay is very competitive for right out of college.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at United Rentals.

Interview

The process took about 3 months with different phone interviews. The first phone interview lasted about 15 minutes, while the other ones lasted about 30-40 minutes. Between each interview I waited a couple weeks before hearing about the next interview.

Anonymous Employee in Temple Terrace, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Rentals (Temple Terrace, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

First received a call from a recruiter. Ask me general questions about my interest and past sale experience. Later schedule another phone interview with a Sales Manager. Standard Q&A conversation about the job and previous sales experience.
    Went into to the site to shadow, quick third interview with site supervisor. Took 2-4 weeks to get offer, send drug test and start.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at United Rentals.

Interview

Well, a long process to say the least I had a recruiter contact me after applying online about another position that happen to be the ISR position, however there was not a position open in the area I was at and was directed to look up other locations. Had great results from the personality quiz so just thought I would get on somewhere. Sat down with 3 different locations and hiring mangers. The last location had an interview with district manager told me I would hear from him in about 2 weeks never did, contacted the recruiter they said he had not made a discussion until I said I couldnt wait and took another job offer.