United Rentals Interview Questions in United States | Glassdoor

United Rentals Interview Questions in United States

Updated Mar 3, 2017

2.7

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Applied online. Phone interview, the lady was very reluctant conducting phone interview. She did not ask many questions and when I asked her questions she basically did not answer my question.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Rentals in February 2017.

Interview

The process was fairly quick. After I applied, I almost immediately had a request for an interview with a recruiter. After my recruiter interview, I moved on to the hiring manager and then the Program Director. It was painless if you knew about the company, industry, and sales.

Outside Sales Associate-Trench Safety Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at United Rentals in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online through company's career page. Filled out application along with a assessment test. The assessment test is twelve pages long consisting of personality and situation questions. Once everything was submitted, the feedback time was rather instant. Received an email the next day to set up an phone interview time. Took the phone interview with the corporate recruiter.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Castle, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United Rentals (New Castle, DE) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online. A month later I did a phone interview first. Then an in person interview the next week with the hiring manager. Overall it was a very thorough process.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous work history help prepare you for this position?   1 Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United Rentals (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a phone interview with the District Sales Manager, 2 interviews with the District Manager, and a final interview with the Regional Vice President. You are also required to take and assessment before being hired.

Interview Questions

• Questions asked were behavioral based and geared toward prior employment experiences. Was not very difficult, but was a long process.   Answer Question

Truck Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plaquemine, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at United Rentals (Plaquemine, LA).

Interview

Brief interview. Didn't get the job. But was a great experience!!! Stayed in contact with manager but didn't get a response. Not sure what I did wrong but tried my best to answer all questions to the best of my knowledge!

Interview Questions

• What all kind of equipment I hauled?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at United Rentals (Lawrenceville, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview your typical easy interview, get to know you, talk about to company and opportunities within the company. Drove home the point they like to promote within which is nice. Talked about the longevity of employees with the company.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good employee?   1 Answer

Multiple Positions Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at United Rentals (New York, NY).

Interview

Can get very drawn out. Lack of communication in house. Poor response time to calls. You must call to get an answer. If you want a great candidate it needs to work both ways.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at United Rentals (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I had previously done the same role for Hertz Equipment Rental, so the interview was basically a breeze. When i called to check on the opening, the manager happened to have my resume in his hand, which was odd and clearly to my advantage. I was able to push my way into a brief interview over the phone at that point. After i went into the interview, it was clear that i knew my way around the position.

Interview Questions

• If a customer comes in with his own trailer, do you load the equipment on his trailer or do you have him load it?   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Rentals (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

All applications are taken on line for internal and external applicants. Interviews are conducted with a branch manager and district sales manager. Time from applying to interview takes a long time. Jobs tend to be filled internally before the open positions are even posted to the public. Come prepared to talk about growing the business. Safety culture is a key to the over company outlook.