United Shore Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

1. Featured Interview

Lending Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pontiac, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Shore (Pontiac, MI) in August 2019.

Interview

Received a email shortly after applying and scheduled a phone interview. After the phone interview I was asked to come in for an in person interview and was given a tour of United Shore Pontiac. The woman who greeted me was very kind, she was very educated on the company and the building. We did a small assessment, it asked questions about how you would handle certain situations in the office or with a client. After that she gave me some information and set up a simulation call where she was basically looking to see what my tone was and how I reacted to push back. I interviewed with another woman who was also very kind and was asked similar questions about my experience and my self personally. The whole experience was very easy going, both of the women were very kind and helpful. The next day I received a call that I had got the job!

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little bit about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Describe the qualities of the most difficult leader you have had. (and the best qualities of the best leader you've ever had)   1 Answer
    • What four words describes excellent client service?   3 Answers
    • Do you consider yourself an organized person?   Answer Question
    • What do you do in your free time?   Answer Question

Aug 28, 2019 – Team Member Services

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us! We’re so happy to hear you had a pleasant interview experience with us and look forward to watching you grow here. Welcome to the team!

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Shore.

Interview

Really pleasant and you can tell they value the people they hire for their personality not just our skills. Came in with very little experience and they assured me they’d train me up. And they did! Fun interview, real nice folks.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of getting to know you questions! They cared more about culture than skills.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pontiac, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at United Shore (Pontiac, MI) in July 2020.

Interview

Two phone interviews followed by a video call. Very easy interviews, mostly looking into your resume and personality. Second interview was mostly just about details of underwriting and the company culture.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pontiac, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Shore (Pontiac, MI) in July 2020.

Interview

I applied for a underwriter position, and received an email a few days later asking to set up a phone interview the coming weeks. The phone interview was pretty standard, I was asked what I knew about the company and how I heard about the job posting. The interviewer asked about my work experience. At the end of the interview the interviewer informed me, I should hear back in 24-48 hours about moving forward in the process. I was informed two days later that I would not be moving forward.

Lending Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pontiac, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Shore (Pontiac, MI) in July 2020.

Interview

I applied my resume through company's website. Just two days later I received a mail from the HR to schedule for the Phone interview. It took 15 minutes and not hard or stressful interview. HR recruiter asked and treated me very kindly.
    On the interview wrapping up, the HR wants to move forward and we set up virtual meeting for the second interview.

Event Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Shore.

Interview

Applied for job at LinkedIn. Received a request for an interview call the following week. Call occurred on time. Interview questions and answers below along with comments. In the end, I did not feel comfortable moving forward in the hiring process because job specifics were vague. This IS NOT a typical corporate Event Coordinator role for a highly trained and skilled event/meeting planner.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about United Shore?   Answer Question
    • This is a Monday-Friday, 9:00-6:00pm job with hourly compensation and a one hour lunch. Does that work for you? (Several questions merged here)   1 Answer
    • If offered a position, how soon can you start?   1 Answer

Jun 17, 2020 – Director of People Data and Analytics

Thank you for letting us know how your interview went. Our Events team organizes large-scale experiences for our team members from simple to grand. We wish you well with your job search!

HR Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Shore.

Interview

Received a call that they would like to schedule a short phone interview, then completed the phone interview a few days later. I was told that I would hear back within 2-3 days, which I did. I believe there is a second round after the initial interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked what I know about the company, and several standard questions.   Answer Question

Jun 17, 2020 – Director of People Data and Analytics

Thank you for sharing your experience. We’re glad the process is going smoothly for you!

Mortgage Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ortonville, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at United Shore (Ortonville, MI) in June 2020.

Interview

After 2 days I got a call from a recruiter to set up a phone screen, during the call he gave me a general background of United Shore, what I would be doing and what I should expect work environment wise, and culture wise. For the phone screening we actually talked through GoToMeeting, and did a virtual interview. Through that interview he asked me more questions about myself and went into greater detail of the general things he talked about from the first call. After that interview was done he offered me the position and gave me a night to think it over and come up with any questions before I said yes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that you had to deal with a customer who acted short temper and rude and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pontiac, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Shore (Pontiac, MI) in June 2020.

Interview

I applied and received a call to set up a phone interview/screening. After the phone interview/screening I did an in-person interview about 5 days later. Overall, I did not have a positive experience. I sat in the lobby about 5 minutes past my scheduled interview time. After this, I was shown around the building and then sat in an empty conference room for about 10 minutes because my interviewers were in a meeting. (I am not sure why they would schedule a meeting if they knew they had an interview?) Once they entered the room I already knew they were not going to take the interview seriously. I could tell that they did not even bother looking at my resume beforehand because they had no legitimate questions for me and did not bother to write down any notes while I was speaking. I had more questions for them than they had for me. The whole process came off as extremely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• I could just look at your resume, but I'm not going to. So why don't you tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • What is your proficiency with excel?   Answer Question

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter followed by a virtual interview of very two mean guys who made the interview very uncomfortable no matter how I tried making it lively with smiles but they were just too mean I don't think they really know what they are looking for as a right candidate. The question was basically on planning which was very easy that is why this position has been there for 8months and still have not had the right person for the position. My advice is for them to stop wasting peoples precious time and put their acts together because the company has lots of negative reviews

Interview Questions

United Shore Response

May 19, 2020

Hi there. We’re sorry to hear about your experience, this is not an accurate representation of who we are as a company and appreciate your sharing with us so we can dig a little deeper and improve. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Software Engineer-II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at United Shore in May 2020.

Interview

I applied online at United Shore for the Software Engineer II position. After a day or two, a recruiter reached out to me for scheduling a call with him. In couple of days, I talked with a recruiter and he asked me some basic questions regarding the position and he mentioned it doesn't matter if you give right or wrong answers. The questions were typical for C# interview questions like the difference between Abstract class and Interface, Access modifiers, etc. Then he gave the coding challenge in hacker rank which wasn't that difficult I scored an average. After two days he reached out to me via phone to schedule an interview with two team leads. This interview was smooth as well, both of the team leads were friendly and easy-going. This was a video interview for about 30 minutes. To me, the overall process was very good and the recruiter was very helpful as well. The response of all my emails was so prompt. After a week the recruiter called me and said they are not moving forward with me.