United States Congress Congressional Interview Questions | Glassdoor

United States Congress Congressional Interview Questions

Interviews at United States Congress

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at United States Congress (Kingston, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Subtle. The questions were directed towards my knowledge of government and willingness to help constituents. The interviewers wanted to make sure I was capable of taking criticism from constituents of our district while holding the congressman's reputation to a high standard.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to stay long hours in the office to fix a constituents problems?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for United States Congress

Congressional Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at United States Congress.

Interview

Submitted resume and cover letter by email. Within a few days they followed up with a phone interview that lasted about half an hour. I received the offer a few days after that. It was fairly casual; the office I worked in was relaxed and friendly environment so it made sense the interview was more of a get to know you and your skills rather than an interrogation.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little bit about yourself, talk about an experience in which you were a leader and others followed your lead, what are your strengths and weaknesses, what policy areas interest you and why   Answer Question

Congressional Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United States Congress in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process included 1 phone call with the scheduler. The phone call lasted about 30 minutes and was straight forward. The interviewer later told me that she was looking for someone who could communicate clearly on the phone and who was able to name a specific reason for why they wanted to work for that office.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at United States Congress (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

One of the staff in the office called me and I had a phone interview. Within three days I had a decision from the office and a confirmation that I got the internship.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at United States Congress (San Francisco, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied online at their website, had to do a sample piece of writing, cover letter, transcripts, resume, etc. Then the interview was via phone call because I did not live in the area at the time. Got the usual questions plus "who is your favorite politician and why?" which surprised me

Interview Questions

• Who is your favorite politician   1 Answer