United States Federal Courts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 9, 2018

Sort:

Language Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at United States Federal Courts (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview was conducted by lawyers doing pro-bono work for the Court System after the careful review of my resume, and detailed phone calls with three references. After the successful approval of my qualifications for the job at hand, my resume and salary requirements were submitted to the court for approval, based on an estimated number of hours to complete the transcription and translation service. NB:This was a contract position lasting almost a year, and not a full or part-time job.

Interview Questions

• (1) When was the last time you worked closely in the languages for which a transcription is required in the case, and describe the scope of the work. (2) Can we speak with your former clients? (3) Please detail your level of fluency in the languages for which the transcriptions and translation are required..   1 Answer

Law Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at United States Federal Courts in April 2012.

Interview

Application, interview with clerks, interview with judge. After the initial application, there was a phone screening interview with one law clerk. Later there was an invitation for an in-person or Skype interview. In person, I met with the judge's then-current law clerks for about 30 minutes or so, followed by a brief interview with the judge.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at United States Federal Courts (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Part of the process involved; seeing if the participant was interested in law, wanted to pursue a career in law, and was available both weekends and weekdays. The experience of this interview was pretty intimidating, throughout the interview, other participants were keen to listen in. But with determination anybody can best this interview.

Interview Questions

• If I was interested in Law.   1 Answer

Negotiation

it was pleasant but intimidating.

IT Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at United States Federal Courts (Washington, DC) in May 2012.

Interview

Long. There weren't enough applicants after the first round of interviews, so HR insisted on reposting the job. The person who became my supervisor told me this wouldn't be a problem and rewrote the posting so I was sure to get it. Took months.

Both interviews were with three people. Not the same people each time (got the sense that this was a required number of interviewers, so whoever was free got picked).

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have with SirsiDynix API?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. The offer was take it or leave it.

Judicial Law Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at United States Federal Courts (New York, NY).

Interview

I was called to go for an interview by the judge's secretary. Applicants should schedule interviews according to their preference in clerkships because once a judge makes an offer, common wisdom is that one should accept.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at United States Federal Courts in December 2013.

Interview

It was a panel interview in which each of the panel members would ask a question and I would respond. The interview in itself lasted an hour. The questions were about how I would handle different situations and provide the solution to the situation.

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself a team player?   1 Answer

Probation Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United States Federal Courts (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Round-table interview in conference room. We went through my entire resume and I was asked to describe prior experiences and was presented with hypothetical scenarios. The second interview was smaller with only 3 people at a much smaller table. All interviewers were very friendly and kept me engaged the entire time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where "x" happened and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at United States Federal Courts in July 2010.

Interview

Multiple interviews that included some real life examples.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They will only give you one grade above what you are making.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at United States Federal Courts (Manchester, NH) in September 2013.

Interview

They wanted to know about my previous experience and what I could bring to their organization regarding that experience. They also wanted me to describe my strengths and weaknesses. There was a panel of three that asked numerous other questions. After the interview, I was called back in for a second interview and was offered the position at that time.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my past experience regarding managing systems.   Answer Question

Senior Computer Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at United States Federal Courts (Washington, DC) in May 2013.

Interview

Several managers ask a set of common questions which they have written down in advance, and which they ask all candidates. They follow up with additional questions as they think of them. After you leave the interview, they discuss and vote on each candidate, as such it's important to appeal to as many of them as you can. The basic questions are typical and unoriginal, and you can predict the follow-up questions based on the stories you use to answer the questions.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe you current projects.
      2. Biggest accomplishments?
      3. What motivates you?
      4. What are your career goals?
      5. Of all the applicants, why should we pick you?
      6. Any questions for us?   Answer Question