United States Federal Government Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 201 of over 201 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at United States Federal Government

United States Federal Government

Application

I interviewed at United States Federal Government

Interview

The interview was easy…not hard at all. But it was a panel interview with multiple people. It was a good experience and rewarding opportunity. Everyone was nice and professional…very comfortable, especially the longer it went on in the process.

Interview Questions
  • What would be the main reason for accepting the offer if offered the job.
    1 Answer

United States Federal Government

Application

I interviewed at United States Federal Government

Interview

During COVID pandemic, the U.S. government agencies are interviewing prospective employees using video conferencing systems. Be prepared for questions about experience, goals, and the impetus for leaving current employment. The toughest questions include those about past mistakes and what the interviewee has done to learn/correct them.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

United States Federal Government

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at United States Federal Government

Interview

Quick and easy. Interview was cut and dry with questions that was to the point. The interviewer was very nice and very professional. He also seemed like he enjoyed his job there

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

United States Federal Government

Application

I interviewed at United States Federal Government

Interview

The interview process was very good and the interviewer was friendly and knowledgeable. Provided very good insight of the position and the agency along with the benefits and type of work.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

United States Federal Government

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United States Federal Government

Interview

Long gaps of time between of communications. You have to apply for each job you are interested in. You have to apply for each position you are interested in and the interview process takes forever.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

United States Federal Government

Application

I interviewed at United States Federal Government

Interview

Easygoing interview! Basically asked simple questions about yourself and personal experience you have had in negotiations from all aspects of life. The interview takes a while to get, and the confirmation takes even longer. Great experience, though!

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work here? What negotiation experience do you have?

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United States Federal Government (Annapolis, MD) in Sep 2020

Interview

They ask the same question to all persons being interviewed. They are specific questions question testing you technical knowledge of the position you are applying for. For example if you are apply for a position as a teacher they would ask you what are the steps in preparing a lesson plan. Know the technical aspects of the job. You can find them in the job description and by looking at the assessment questions.

Interview Questions
  • They ask to talk about a difficult interaction with another employee

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at United States Federal Government (Los Angeles, CA) in Aug 2020

Interview

Very thoughtful questions were asked by the person who would become my immediate supervisor. He then took me to meet his supervisor who asked me more general questions. He then took me to his supervisor who asked me more questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United States Federal Government (Honolulu, HI) in Jul 2020

Interview

Due to COVID restrictions, the interview committee interviewed the applicants via phone. The call was hosted by a committee lead and the feel of the call was cold and distant. I was well prepared for the interview but it seemed rushed and the lead was impatient with my responses. The interview was scheduled for an hour but was conducted in 45 minutes with the lead pushing to finish the process. Bottomline the interview bordered on unprofessionalism and it appeared the committee was just going through the motions.

Interview Questions
  • They asked five situation questions that were relevant to experience in the job.
  • Relevant fiscal management scenario question
  • Relevant source management scenario question
  • Relevant supply system scenario question

United States Federal Government

Application

I interviewed at United States Federal Government

Interview

It took several weeks after the closing date of the job posting to hear anything about the position. Interview questions were relevant and fair. A decision was communicated quickly.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 201 Interviews