United States Olympic Committee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

United States Olympic Committee Interview Questions

Updated May 2, 2017

3.2

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United States Olympic Committee.

Interview

Did interview with supervisor and director of department. Asked about previous experience especially in event planning as well as knowledge about non-profit experiences. Also asked availability to start early.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a time you assisted in planning a large scale event   Answer Question

Communications Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at United States Olympic Committee (Remote, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

Three part interview process including phone screening, Skype interview and writing test. Received word that I got an interview about a month after I submitted my application. I scheduled a phone screening for the following week, and found out I was no longer in the running two weeks after the call.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell a bit more about yourself?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at United States Olympic Committee.

Interview

I was contacted shortly after applying and then was set up for a Skype interview with my current boss. Next I interviewed over the phone with an individual that a currently work with and then next I had a panel interview over the phone.

Interview Questions

• What can we do better? Tell me about yourself. What is your favorite social platform?   Answer Question

Development Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at United States Olympic Committee (Colorado Springs, CO) in April 2014.

Interview

I was an intern at the USOC when I applied for the Development Writer position. The process began with a brief in-person interview with the hiring manager and an HR representative. I was then given a writing assignment, followed by a longer interview with the hiring manager, HR representative and three other Development division staff members. The entire process (from applying for the job to my start date) took about three months.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite Olympic or Paralympic moment?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United States Olympic Committee.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call from department to request a phone interview and set one up that week. It was a 45-minute interview and asked behavioral and situation-based questions. I was told that there were a few other candidates and I would hear back within a week. I heard back in less than a week.

Interview Questions

• It was a creative question; how would you design a page?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United States Olympic Committee (Chula Vista, CA).

Interview

You apply online at teamusa.org and click careers. Then applying through there will allow you to submit your resume and additional information. INCLUDE A COVER LETTER. Make sure spacing is correct, grammar and information is perfect. If there is incorrect spelling or grammar, forget it we will just pass through and move onto the next. An intern will sort through the applicants then provide the supervisor with a top five, then they will choose two applicants to interview over the phone. You move to Chula Vista/ San Diego and live at the US Olympic Training Center. There you are paid a stipend every two weeks of about $200. Your room and food plans however are already taken from your pay. This is a unique experience but don't expect to work for the USOC following your internship they usually aren't hiring.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness other than overachieving?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at United States Olympic Committee (Colorado Springs, CO) in December 2011.

Interview

I submitted my resume which was reviewed by management then was called to interview in person. The in person interview was with the person who would be my boss. There were no questions that I didn't expect during the interview and I was able to learn more about the role I was applying for.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at United States Olympic Committee (Colorado Springs, CO) in May 2010.

Interview

Behavioral interview - peer and manager panel

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at United States Olympic Committee (Colorado Springs, CO) in April 2010.

Interview

I interviewed over the phone with my supervisor and then traveled 1.5 hours each way to interview with other members of the team although my supervisor was working from home that day and could not make the effort to meet me for an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral interviewing questions - basics. No surprises.   Answer Question
    • Behavioral interviewing questions - basics. No surprises.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nothing - everything was predetermined and there was no flexibility.

Intern Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at United States Olympic Committee in August 2010.

Interview

40-Minute phone interview with 3 people. Typical general interview questions