United States Steel Interview Questions in Ecorse, MI | Glassdoor

United States Steel Interview Questions in Ecorse, MI

3.2

Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ecorse, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United States Steel (Ecorse, MI).

Interview

First started off with a phone screening with somebody with hr before being invited to the plant. There, I had 4 back to back interviews lasting about 30 I minutes a piece. Pretty laid back and not too technical. Mainly concerned if you're willing to work 50 hour work weeks with rotating shifts and safety. Only complaint really is that I had to pay for my hotel and car rental up front and it took an eternity to get reimbursed by the company.

Laborer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ecorse, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at United States Steel (Ecorse, MI).

Interview

long process - you must take a test with basic algebra, reading comp, etc, interview with recruiter, manager and area manager, a lot of behavioral questions , question on experience with basic tools, they work with a 3rd party vendor up until you pass the test, and if u pass the interview the 3rd party will email you an offer. you also receive on the job training

Interview Questions

• depends on your job function - how did you handle a boss that told you to do a process that you knew was incorrect?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation for hourly, only salary

Management Associate (Process Engineer) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ecorse, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United States Steel (Ecorse, MI) in September 2012.

Interview

Had phone interview one week after applying online. and, had one on one interview one week after the phone interview

Steel Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ecorse, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at United States Steel (Ecorse, MI) in April 2011.

Interview

Submitted a Resume', was called for testing, general math, English, mechanical eptitude, and space relation. Upon passing the testing you are called for interveiws. If you pass that, then you are submitted to a physical, that includes drug testing both hair and urine sample.

Hourly Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ecorse, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at United States Steel (Ecorse, MI) in March 2010.

Interview

You must take an assessment test, math skills, literacy skills, mechanical skill and space relations. If you pass those tests then you take an ethics test. After a couple of months you get an interview. If you get past the interview process, you will be scheduled for a physical and a drug test (urine and hair) and they watch you as you take your urine test. If after all of this if you pass, they contact you for training before you enter the plant.

Interview Questions

• This is a labor intensive workplace, what can you contribute as a woman in what is generally considered as a mans job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, just assigned to a work area, and whatever that job paid you got.