United States Steel Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

United States Steel Manager Interview Questions

2.8

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at United States Steel (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

Companies H.R. Rep scheduled an interview with me in a hotel with maybe 3 other candidates- talk with him when my turn came up. After the interviews were complete, company called for me to travel to the plant at their expense to few the plant.

Interview Questions

• Q. What type of supervisory experience that I had, along with a couple problem that may arise.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for United States Steel

Anonymous Employee in Granite City, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at United States Steel (Granite City, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

I first had a phone interview where they lined me up for an in person interview. I spoke first with the director who would be my boss, then with the other 5 employees in the department. It's a small department and they wanted to make sure we would all get along.

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United States Steel (Duluth, MN) in April 2010.

Interview

Went very well

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Still waiting

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at United States Steel.

Interview

Fairly difficult to get an interview with the company. Once you get the interview, be prepared to be drilled by approx. 2 to 6 people. Normally you will interview more than once also. Plan on answering very formal questions: ethics, what makes a good mgr and others. Interviewers normally come across as intimidating. Work culture is a bit heavy. US Steel culture is an older style that tends to act like a flexed chest. Too many people who raise their voice and act tough when trying to get something accomplished. Not an effective management style.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Its all in your hands, if you interview well and they really think highly of you, you will be able to negotiate somewhat.