United States Steel Team Lead Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at United States Steel (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2009.

Interview

The hiring process was quite slow, with multiple people performing long interviews. Some individuals had poignant questions filtered into the mix of the typical interview script, while others didn't appear to even appear to know what the job truly entailed (should've been my first clue not to consider their offer).
After the tedious interview process, I had to wait weeks to hear anything.

Interview Questions

• I usually go into an interview process inordinately prepared and did not consider any the questions I received to be difficult or unexpected (unexpected would require originality or creativity which is in very low supply with USS). This also should have been a major warning not to accept their offer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was thrown a lowball offer initially. I immediately countered and received a slow counter (slow is a watchword with this company). After I rejected their counter I actually received a revised offer with some speed which was still unsatisfactory. They countered again, but it was so slow I actually had to call them and tell them I was going to accept another job offer the following day if they wanted to try to counter again. They gt back to me that same day and I accepted (never should have- I should've taken the other offer and run!).