United States Steel Utility Person Interview Questions | Glassdoor

United States Steel Utility Person Interview Questions

Interviews at United States Steel

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Duquesne, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at United States Steel (Duquesne, PA) in February 2013.

Interview

I filled out an online application in December, and got a cal to take a pre hire test in January. In February I had my actual interview. Just some basic questions from a member of HR and a representative from each US steel plant in the area. After I was hired I passed a physical exam and drug test before starting my training.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for United States Steel

Anonymous Employee in Granite City, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at United States Steel (Granite City, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

You first have to have a phone interview in order to move into the in person interview. Afterwards you will meet with the hiring manager whom reviews your credentials. The hiring manager made me feel very comfortable as she was not intimidating during this process.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any issues with shift work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not applicable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Granite City, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at United States Steel (Granite City, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online, 5/6 month's later got called in for assessment test (easy). Few weeks later I got a phone interview then an in person interview. The interviewer was nothing but a robot and could care less how you answered. don't think she even made eye contact with me. She just simply ready the questions that were on the paper in front of her. Next was the full physical. I got fitted for a respirator and subscription for eye protection was sent you into the system. Blood, urine and hair test for drugs. They even sent me home with a temporary fitted respirator to use when I got my start date. About a week later, I got a letter from Sterling (their hiring company). I was excited to see my start date only to be floored with a letter informing me of their job off resignation!!! They took back their offer because of my background check that had charges on it from more than 10 yrs ago!!. Things I did from when I was a teenager!! WOW!! after all the hoops they made me go through and the time I had to take off my current job. You would think that if they didn't like what they seen they would have me toned at the beginning of the whole hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing going I can take with me to US Steel?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gary, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at United States Steel (Gary, IN) in May 2011.

Interview

Prett quick interview. When they need people they'll pretty much have you come in, ask brief questions about you, your work history, and go over the ins and outs of how work is when it vomes to shift work and pay.