United States Steel Utility Worker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

United States Steel Utility Worker Interview Questions

Interviews at United States Steel

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Gary, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at United States Steel (Gary, IN) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview was interesting to put it mildly, I applied online, then was invited to take a test on general knowledge, then received an email, saying that I would receive a phone call to set up an on the phone interview, i was called the next day, and had the interview. Then another email with a list of dates for a formal interview at the plant. I chose one that i was off, and selected it, thinking it would be the last i heard from USS, until that date, I was wrong, about 4 days later, I was out with a few of my friends playing pool and drinking and my phone rings, I answer it and it was a manger from USS, He apologized for calling and asked if we could reschedule the interview for the nest day at 10 am. I of course accepted and hung up. Finished shooting pool and had 1 or 3 more drinks. So i show up to the interview slightly hungover, thinking this is going to be absolutely horrible, I was wrong. The manger named Bill who meet me in the waiting area told me to walk into one of the interview rooms, and he would meet me in there in a second, Bill walked almost instantly shook my hand and then stats staring contest starts now, at this point im confused, so i sit down and Bill and I are just staring across the table from each other for about three minutes, then bill laughs and says that's how he breaks the ice, and then again apologized for the reschedule ,thanked me for dressing up, even though i didn't have to, and then asked me about 25 questions, most of which he answered for me. Then asked me if i had any questions, which i did not i knew what i was getting into. He stood up, shook my hand and said he would be right back with in a few minutes, Bill walked back in about 5 minutes later and said he liked my interview, and I had another interview, Right down the hall. I walked into another room and within a few minutes a lady walked in and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me one time, your employer changed a safety rule that you did not agree with, that caused you an inconvenience?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for United States Steel

Utility Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at United States Steel.

Interview

online application assessment test formal interview drug testing physical

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Braddock, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at United States Steel (Braddock, PA).

Interview

Applied in January took the assessment test, super easy. E mailed two days later telling me to expect a phone interview, with in 2 weeks. Buddy of mine took only 3 days. Felony not a big deal

Utility Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at United States Steel.

Interview

Online application, aptitude exam (very easy), phone interview, in person interview, drug and fitness screen, hiring pool or hired. If all these things occur and you pass you are hired.

Interview Questions

• Specific questions relating to my work history to a possible situation in working in the environment of a steel mill.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ecorse, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United States Steel (Ecorse, MI) in January 2013.

Interview

Long process, takes awhile to get hired. First is a test simple math and basic mechanics, then a phone interview and then an in-person interview. Took over 4 months for the whole process.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest asset you will bring to the company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duquesne, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at United States Steel (Duquesne, PA) in November 2017.

Interview

Interview was very employment verification detailed. I was asked alot of questions about my past employment, and dates I was employed. I also was asked particular questions about different things that may occur and how I would handle the situation.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about U.S. Steel?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United States Steel (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

Group interview process they give a lot of company information , tell you the Benefits of the job , the pay and also they tell you about the rough conditions of the job to make sure your up to it

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at United States Steel (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied in January and took over 30 days to contact. Once contacted assessment test, interview and drug test all happened within a 3 day period.

The interview consist of the HR Manage and location manger. Wanted to make sure your responsible and reliable employee.

Interview Questions

• Ask general questions about my resume nothing particular to the job due to it being an entry level position.   Answer Question

Utility Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at United States Steel in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, completed and passed assessment test, went to in person interview all within 10 days.
    Felt the interview went great and was told I wireless would be receiving email with a few days and that the offer would be contingent based on passing physical, drug test and background check.
    I week has passed and still no email.

Interview Questions

• would you panic if you had to go on a computer to add entries to a data base?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Duquesne, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at United States Steel (Duquesne, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

You must pass a TABE test first. Next is an interview that starts as a group interview and then you get 10-15 minutes to interview in front of a panel of 3-5 people from the company. I was asked why I would be a good candidate to work for US Steel. Also pay attention during group interview part and have questions to ask. You must be engaged and show you desire this job. If you are selected, next step is a very thorough physical exam including drug and alcohol screening. A very complete background check is also done.

Interview Questions

• We have your resume in front of us and know why our team selected you for an interview. Tell us why we should hire you and what you bring to the team?   Answer Question