United Stationers Interview Questions in Deerfield, IL | Glassdoor

United Stationers Interview Questions in Deerfield, IL

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Stationers (Deerfield, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

It was generally good. Almost two hours. Three sessions. I had HR person, then manager and then director. Ask a lot of questions and be prepared to answer all the questions that they ask. Everybody seemed really nice and try to have a good time

MBA Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at United Stationers (Deerfield, IL).

Interview

Had a brief 1-1 interview at campus with a HR staff member. Then selected to a final round in Deerfield. When out with all candidates and senior leaders for dinner the night before. The following day I had 3 45 minute interviews with various people throughout the organization. These were people I would be working close with. Very laid back interviews. Resume walk through, where do you see yourself in 5 years, why do you want to work here, tell me a time when you had to deal with difficult people, what level is your Excel skills. Truly basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really threw me off. Having spent a year in an MBA program, you should not struggle with there questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Set pay plus housing

Compensation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Stationers (Deerfield, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

I did two phone interviews then was asked to come interview at the HQ location. I met with 3 different people in Compensation & Benefits area then met with the head of Human Resources. Mix of behavioral description interviewing, conversation about skills possessed, by each of the interviewers. I thought the overall process was thoughtful and thorough.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your level of Excel skills and expertise? VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, Nested IFs   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at United Stationers (Deerfield, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with HR, Senior Manager, and another Supervisor. HR Manager asked several typical behavorial-type questions. Was called back early on a Monday to come in for second round of interviews, and basically asked if I wanted the job. So far no offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a process you implemented   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a conflict with a coworker or manager and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at United Stationers (Deerfield, IL) in December 2009.

Interview

I had an initial 1:1 interview with a recruiter. The process was very laid back. We basically just went through my resume, with her stopping every now and then to ask more questions about a previous job I had. It felt more like a a conversation than an interview.

For the second interview, they flew me out to Deerfield, paid for my hotel, and I had four interviews, each an hour long. Most were with different directors in marketing, and all were very similar to the first interview. They were much more converstaional, than behavioral based interviews. One interview was with a second recruiter and those questions were behavioral based.

Overall the whole process was very smooth and not very intimidating. Everyone in the office was very friendly and seemed happy to be there.

Interview Questions

• If I were to go to your previous employer, what would they tell me I should be worried about if I was to hire you? (After I answered this, I was asked to give another example too)   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you improved a process that the company then adapted.   Answer Question

I received a few offers at the time, and another offer fit my career goals more.