United Technologies Climate, Controls & Security Interview Questions | Glassdoor

United Technologies Climate, Controls & Security Interview Questions

Updated Jun 5, 2018

2.7

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies Climate, Controls & Security in May 2018.

Interview

The recruiter made initial contact with me after I applied online. We spoke first over the phone, and then a phone interview was arranged with the hiring manager. Afterwards, I spoke with the hiring manager as a first round phone interview. Then, I was invited to conduct an onsite in person interview. The onsite was with multiple senior leaders. It lasted a few hours.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a challenging situation you faced and solved.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies Climate, Controls & Security (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2018.

Interview

1.) Applied online through UTC website(Took a few weeks for them to reach out to me)
    2.) Phone screening, relevant skills and background
    3.) Interview scheduled a few weeks later...
    a.) 3 separate interviews back to back to back(surprisingly not as bad as it sounds)
    b.) 1st Senior engineers you'll be working under(they feel you out in terms of your skills and experience)
    c.) 2nd Managers(show you the big picture, also evaluate your skills, past experience, and understanding)
    d.) HR (wraps everything up)

In my opinion more interviews should use this format since you get to know who you'll be working with and who you'll be answering to and they can evaluate you personally and vice versa. My best interviewing experience by far

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at United Technologies Climate, Controls & Security (Costa Mesa, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. I had one initial phone interview with an HR manager. Then I had two phone interviews with the hiring manager and then the general manager of that group. They brought me in for an on-site interview on a Friday about 2 weeks after the last phone interview. It was with 5 different people. Everything went well it seemed. They said they would get everyone's feedback and get back to me the following week or the week after. Two weeks go by without any feedback. I called the recruiter and he told me that they said that they didn't have everyone's feedback. The 3rd week was a convention that everyone would need to go to, so I would probably hear back about the next steps during the week after which would be the 4th week. On the Friday of the 4th week, exactly 28 days after the interview, the recruiter emails me saying that they have decided to go ahead with another candidate.

So, I have no problems at all with them hiring another candidate of course, because that's their right. But considering they didn't have everyone's feedback for me for an entire month, how did they get another candidate all of a sudden? The professional thing to do would have been to just be straightforward with me and tell me that there are other candidates in play. In that case, no harm done. I was expecting some professional courtesy from a big corporation like this, but apparently I expected too much.

Interview Questions

• If a customer has an issue with one of your products, as a product manager, what would be the process that you would go through to resolve the customer's problem?   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Technologies Climate, Controls & Security in September 2017.

Interview

First was a 30 min phone call with HR, then an in-person interview with the sales manager, then a 30 min phone interview with the regional manager. The sales manager admitted they were very short staffed, and employees spent most of the time "putting out fires" which was a bit of a turn-off.

Interview Questions

• HR asked pretty standard interview questions: Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer. Describe how you stay organized. Describe a time you demonstrated creative problem solving.   Answer Question

Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ludlow, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at United Technologies Climate, Controls & Security (Ludlow, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

I managed to get the connection through a current employer and began with email correspondence, to phone interview, to informal text on application status/update.

It went pretty smooth, the job seemed to be laid back, just going from site to site and troubleshooting networking issues.

Interview Questions

• Q: What do you know about subnet mask? (ip networking)   1 Answer

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at United Technologies Climate, Controls & Security in April 2017.

Interview

I was first interviewed by a recruiter, which was very basic and brief and covered the basics. I felt really good about it and got good feedback. The recruiter said she was going to tell the hiring manager that she was interested in me and set up an interview with him for the following week. Over 2 weeks went by until I was reached out to, even with a few calls and emails during this time. I was also supposed to get a job description for the specific position but was never given this. My scheduled phone interview with the hiring manager came and when I told him I didn't have the job description yet he apologized and rescheduled a week later so I could look over the job description. After reviewing it and learning key parts of the position, the final interview went fantastic. I felt very good about getting hired and was told I should hear back the next day, or early the next week at the latest. I was told I was 1 of 2 people they were still looking at. Then, 2 weeks go by with no response from them. My INROADS manager told me they never reached out for either candidate and aren't responding to her at all. Looks like they just decided not to choose either one of us.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at United Technologies Climate, Controls & Security in April 2017.

Interview

It was a one hour long phone interview. Some behavioral and technical questions. Interviewer was really nice and talked a lot about the company and its culture. I heard back the same day. I appreciate the quick turn around.

Interview Questions

• How can you relate your academic work to the tasks that you'll be given?   Answer Question

Thermal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at United Technologies Climate, Controls & Security (Rochester, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

It was brief. We chatted about the different activities happening in the lab and my supervisor asked me about my previous experience. We discussed different projects, positive and negative attributes and if I would fit in there. It was a pretty standard interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project that you worked on and what your strengths in that project were.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at United Technologies Climate, Controls & Security (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

phone interview applied online on utc got an email for the phone interview and offer a day later. Only a few general questions asked, one technical. Terrible company though -- DO NOT ACCEPT AN OFFER FROM UTC CCS!!

questions

etc

Enterprise Global Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies Climate, Controls & Security (Long Beach, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Many interviews. Started with a call from an external recruiter. Then several calls from the same the recruiter, followed by HR and the hiring manager. Many email exchanges throughout the whole process. Had to complete a lengthy online application process...

Interview Questions

• The typical questions: tell me about yourself, asked about my work experience, etc... Very typical questions for these type of jobs.   Answer Question