United Technologies Climate, Controls & Security Interview Questions | Glassdoor

United Technologies Climate, Controls & Security Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at United Technologies Climate, Controls & Security in April 2017.

Interview

I was first interviewed by a recruiter, which was very basic and brief and covered the basics. I felt really good about it and got good feedback. The recruiter said she was going to tell the hiring manager that she was interested in me and set up an interview with him for the following week. Over 2 weeks went by until I was reached out to, even with a few calls and emails during this time. I was also supposed to get a job description for the specific position but was never given this. My scheduled phone interview with the hiring manager came and when I told him I didn't have the job description yet he apologized and rescheduled a week later so I could look over the job description. After reviewing it and learning key parts of the position, the final interview went fantastic. I felt very good about getting hired and was told I should hear back the next day, or early the next week at the latest. I was told I was 1 of 2 people they were still looking at. Then, 2 weeks go by with no response from them. My INROADS manager told me they never reached out for either candidate and aren't responding to her at all. Looks like they just decided not to choose either one of us.

Enterprise Global Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies Climate, Controls & Security (Long Beach, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Many interviews. Started with a call from an external recruiter. Then several calls from the same the recruiter, followed by HR and the hiring manager. Many email exchanges throughout the whole process. Had to complete a lengthy online application process...

Interview Questions

• The typical questions: tell me about yourself, asked about my work experience, etc... Very typical questions for these type of jobs.   Answer Question

QA Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies Climate, Controls & Security (Scottsdale, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

Panel interview of three. The questions were not scripted. It was a normal interview. It was me that was the problem. I stumbled with every Question. it was my first interview in over 10 years.

Interview Questions

• Discribe a typical day at work   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies Climate, Controls & Security (Tampa, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

Initial application was through company website. Contact back resulted in approximately one hour telephone interview, weeks later a roughly 5 hour on-site interview. Lengthy delay between stages possibly due to intervening holidays. Operation is split between Canada and the US.

The engineering interviewers were excellent. All of the individuals I met were competent and on the same page. Interesting application.

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at United Technologies Climate, Controls & Security.

Interview

The process started with my initial application for the job from an online posting that was referred to me by a contact. I was contacted by someone in HR (who was very nice and easy to talk with) and had my first interview over the phone. It was very broad, mostly about my experiences and work history and not as much questions that were tailored to see whether or not I could technically perform the job for which I was applying. At the end of the phone interview, I was told that I would hear from them soon about planning a face-to-face interview. It took some time (longer than one might expect--a few plus weeks), but I received a call to plan my visit and then some email communications about the details concerning my flight and the day of the interviews. They flew me in early in the morning and I had a day filled with 5 different interviews each from about 45 minutes to an hour. The first was with HR in which the questions were very philosophical (i.e. Do you consider yourself more of an optimist or a pessimist?). The rest of the interviews consisted more of getting to know me questions ("Tell me about this on your resume or that") and technical questions to get at my experience ("How much exposure have you had to financial statements?". After the interviews, I was told I would hear back within a few weeks. In reality, it took much longer for the decision to be announced, but I have learned that sometimes things can move at a slower pace than expected in regards to HR at Chubb.

Interview Questions

• As an underwriter, you will be working a lot with financial statements. How much experience do you have with them?   1 Answer

Elevator Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at United Technologies Climate, Controls & Security (State College, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

Campus career fair and direct resume submitted

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies Climate, Controls & Security (Warren, NJ) in July 2013.

Interview

After speaking with a very friendly HR-woman for roughly 20 minutes, I was invited in for a first-round of interviews. This consisted of meeting with a VP in the IT Department, a Financial Analyst, and an HR VP. All three interviews lasted between 30-45 minutes, and were all very reasonable. There were no ridiculous questions asked, and the environment was overall very comfortable. After those three interviews, I received a call back roughly 3 days later, asking to schedule a final interview with the IT Controller, who heads the entire department.

This interview was much less comfortable, especially considering how casual the first three were. He was very much looking for a stern, no-nonsense guy which was surprising after the first two interviews consisted of a lot of talk about sports. This guy was not a sports fan, and it definitely hurt me, as I expected the interview to be very similar to the first two. I still handled it pretty well, but think my nerves might have gotten the best of me.

Interview Questions

• In my final interview, I was asked to run through a standard balance sheet. While I do have financial accounting knowledge, I haven't needed to go through a balance sheet in a while. I answered the question well, but was stumbling over my words initially after such an unexpected question.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Windsor, CT

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at United Technologies Climate, Controls & Security (South Windsor, CT) in December 2009.

Interview

There was an Initial phone Interview followed by an on site interview in South Windsor, CT. I was given a list of my three interviewees but was surprised when the second person was not who was on the itinerary. Overall I was glad I had the experience but some of the people were rude.

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies Climate, Controls & Security (Warren, NJ) in May 2009.

Interview

After completing an Insurance Auditing certification, I applied for a position as an internal auditor; however; because I had not been in my current position for one year I was disqualified. The trouble with this policy is that it deters employees from gaining valuable skills and advancing their career. Employees are not empowered no matter what management says.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current position after only 9 months?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at United Technologies Climate, Controls & Security in October 2016.

Interview

Worst experience with Utc Fire & Security.
    Interview panel feels like Bill Gates.
    1 one telephonic round after 2 days hr called for face to face interview.
    2 second round technical C# questions. The person is ok.
    3 third round to test ui experience.The person is ok.
    4 director round.worst behavioural Questions.

Don't go for interview it's not a good working environment don't attract to UTC Brand.