United Technologies Climate, Controls & Security Interview Questions | Glassdoor

United Technologies Climate, Controls & Security Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.6

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at United Technologies Climate, Controls & Security in April 2017.

Interview

I was first interviewed by a recruiter, which was very basic and brief and covered the basics. I felt really good about it and got good feedback. The recruiter said she was going to tell the hiring manager that she was interested in me and set up an interview with him for the following week. Over 2 weeks went by until I was reached out to, even with a few calls and emails during this time. I was also supposed to get a job description for the specific position but was never given this. My scheduled phone interview with the hiring manager came and when I told him I didn't have the job description yet he apologized and rescheduled a week later so I could look over the job description. After reviewing it and learning key parts of the position, the final interview went fantastic. I felt very good about getting hired and was told I should hear back the next day, or early the next week at the latest. I was told I was 1 of 2 people they were still looking at. Then, 2 weeks go by with no response from them. My INROADS manager told me they never reached out for either candidate and aren't responding to her at all. Looks like they just decided not to choose either one of us.

Enterprise Global Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies Climate, Controls & Security (Long Beach, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Many interviews. Started with a call from an external recruiter. Then several calls from the same the recruiter, followed by HR and the hiring manager. Many email exchanges throughout the whole process. Had to complete a lengthy online application process...

Interview Questions

• The typical questions: tell me about yourself, asked about my work experience, etc... Very typical questions for these type of jobs.   Answer Question

Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at United Technologies Climate, Controls & Security (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

What you need to know is that you only have to edit two files. One is the Test file and is obvious from looking at the code. The other file is called DefaultEventManagerImplementation or something similar.

This is the class that you have to understand and focus all your time on understanding what is going on in here.

QA Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies Climate, Controls & Security (Scottsdale, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

Panel interview of three. The questions were not scripted. It was a normal interview. It was me that was the problem. I stumbled with every Question. it was my first interview in over 10 years.

Interview Questions

• Discribe a typical day at work   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies Climate, Controls & Security (Tampa, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

Initial application was through company website. Contact back resulted in approximately one hour telephone interview, weeks later a roughly 5 hour on-site interview. Lengthy delay between stages possibly due to intervening holidays. Operation is split between Canada and the US.

The engineering interviewers were excellent. All of the individuals I met were competent and on the same page. Interesting application.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at United Technologies Climate, Controls & Security in November 2014.

Interview

Many phone interviews and screenings. The whole process took about 6-7 months. After the phone interviews is when they call you in to compete with others for a position. This is when you have to put you game face on and have the best interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to relocate if you are slotted in a different market   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies Climate, Controls & Security (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Interview process was very cordial and management that interviewed me asked great questions. I felt very comfortable

Interview Questions

• Name 3 words that describe you as a person, and as a sales person   1 Answer

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at United Technologies Climate, Controls & Security.

Interview

The process started with my initial application for the job from an online posting that was referred to me by a contact. I was contacted by someone in HR (who was very nice and easy to talk with) and had my first interview over the phone. It was very broad, mostly about my experiences and work history and not as much questions that were tailored to see whether or not I could technically perform the job for which I was applying. At the end of the phone interview, I was told that I would hear from them soon about planning a face-to-face interview. It took some time (longer than one might expect--a few plus weeks), but I received a call to plan my visit and then some email communications about the details concerning my flight and the day of the interviews. They flew me in early in the morning and I had a day filled with 5 different interviews each from about 45 minutes to an hour. The first was with HR in which the questions were very philosophical (i.e. Do you consider yourself more of an optimist or a pessimist?). The rest of the interviews consisted more of getting to know me questions ("Tell me about this on your resume or that") and technical questions to get at my experience ("How much exposure have you had to financial statements?". After the interviews, I was told I would hear back within a few weeks. In reality, it took much longer for the decision to be announced, but I have learned that sometimes things can move at a slower pace than expected in regards to HR at Chubb.

Interview Questions

• As an underwriter, you will be working a lot with financial statements. How much experience do you have with them?   1 Answer

Elevator Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at United Technologies Climate, Controls & Security (State College, PA) in October 2013.

Interview

Campus career fair and direct resume submitted

Systems Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiting agency and then an interview was set up with the company through them. I went to a tech school, and the recruiter got my information from the school HVAC program.
    Before the interview the operations manager called me and talked about the job. He asked me a few questions. They were ones like, "If a room is warm, what does the VAV box do?" The face-to-face interview was pretty much a job description instead of many actual interview questions. I did get asked if I have ever set up a home router before, what my favorite courses were, and I believe there were some strengths and weaknesses questions too. I also had to take a short written test at this branch. It was Ohms law stuff, pointing out devices on AHUs, and writing the units of relative humidity, CO2, Etc.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever set up a wireless router? So you still remember stuff like the IP address and that stuff, right?   1 Answer

Negotiation

He initially offered 30,000 over the phone, then after I declined, he called back with $40,000.