United Technologies Interview Questions in Farmington, CT | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 27, 2017

2.7

Information Technology Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies (Farmington, CT) in February 2017.

Interview

Contacted by HR for first round. However I couldn't make it on site and I was automatically put to the second round. The second round consisted of a 15 minute presentation of your interest, why UTC/ITLP, leadership experience, relevant work experience, etc. A question and answer dialogue followed. I was then given a behavioral interview with two IT employees and one HR employee. It was a simple interview and we really just talked about my past experiences and what I could bring to the table.

Interview Questions

UTC couldn't guarantee me the exposure I wanted (Information Security) so I went with an offer that did. UTC should create a better pipeline into different areas because they'll continue to lose talent if they don't.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at United Technologies (Farmington, CT) in October 2016.

Interview

It was very easy going. They were very laid back. As a matter of fact, I asked them more questions than they asked me! After the interview, they introduced me to the other interns that work in the department. They told me that I would receive project geared towards my interest. I received the offer letter shortly after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose your major?
      What do you look for in an internship?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies (Farmington, CT) in October 2015.

Interview

First round interview was on my college campus. Lots of scripted questions and semi-intimidating interviewers. Second round interview was a Superday at the UTC campus. Two interviews in the morning, one group of interviewers were young and followed the scripted questions, another group were older and asked more resume-oriented and personality-oriented questions. Tour of campus in the afternoon. UTC covers hotel lodging and a dinner reception the night before the Superday and covers travel expenses.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you failed and how you recovered from it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies (Farmington, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

Very nice people who seem to genuinely want to get to know you. I interviewed at the corporate headquarters in Farmington. Interview lasted about 45 minutes and it is clear that they are passionate about their company so it would help to read up on the entire companies background before your interview (the different branches, types of operations etc.) i would definitely recommend UTC as a top notch place to work both for an internship as well as a career after college.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at United Technologies (Farmington, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was a friendly and engaging one, and the job responsibilities were articulated very clearly. Everything was very professional in nature, but not so over the top that it was intimidating to a student who didn't have a ton of interviewing experience beforehand.

Interview Questions

• As a college student, the interviewer was mostly just curious about my experiences in and out of the classroom to date. There wasn't any truly difficult question that caused me to really struggle to come up with an acceptable answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at United Technologies (Farmington, CT) in August 2014.

Interview

I was an internal applicant (having been an intern already) so I was automatically invited to the super day. There were two interviews with two interviewers each. The first I had was with two guys from Pratt who were very (read: very) casual. We joked around about college athletics and golf the entire time. The second was with two women, one of whom was playing "bad cop" and asking the tough interview questions, which after the first interview i had I wasn't prepared for. The second woman, who manages the intern program for the finance org in her BU, who I expected to ask the tough questions didn't. We talked about her life and why she likes working where she does. Nobody asked me technical questions, or anything about the company. I do know that they may have already been prejudiced to an opinion, as my supervisor and my area FLP recruiter already wrote a review as part of my application package that I am sure they read over prior to my interview. Lastly, they told all of the interns that we would hear back with a decision by mid-September. I only heard back from them on October 1st...We were starting to think it was a little rude considering now is the time we are also not putting our eggs all in one basket, so to speak.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you worked in a group and it didn't work out.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at United Technologies (Farmington, CT) in August 2013.

Interview

The Financial Leadership Program interview process is a "super day". It is a four hour interview process where you have two hour-long interviews with two finance managers in the company. The interviewers are not well prepared. The interview process needs work. It is hit or miss with the interviewers. They also have FLP's help set-up the event. The FLP's are the superstars in their class, very kind and welcoming. The FLP's will keep you calm throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• They ask questions about your: analytical thinking, business judgement, and teamwork skills.

-Walk me through a situation/project that best exemplifies your analytical skills. What abilities did you utilize?
      -Tell me about a goal you have set for yourself, and you do go about achieving it.
      -How did you select your college?

-I see you were a member of XYZ Organization. Can you describe to me what you consider your major contribution and impact to the team?
      -Tell me about a time when you participated in a group. What was your role? Did you encounter any difficulties?
      -What challenges have you faced when working with others?
      -What have you learned from your mistakes?
      -Tell me how you influenced others to obtain an objective.

-Why did you choose the finance/accounting career path?
      -Describe a time when you suggested a way to improve a process.
      -What was your most useful criticism and who was it from?
      -Describe your most rewarding experience.
      -Describe a major problem you have encountered and how you dealt with it.

-Favorite Class/Least Favorite Class. Why?
      Answer Question

Operations Leadership Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at United Technologies (Farmington, CT) in December 2010.

Interview

I initially applied to this program through their online portal at the end of November 2010. The first contact was initiated by UTC, who asked for a 5 slide power point describing an operations challenge that could potentially impact UTC's business. After I passed that in, (they only gave us two days to do it) I received a call the next day to schedule a phone interview. The interview was straight forward, questions like "why should we hire you", "Draw some connections between your experience and leadership", "what is your definition of a good leader", "what are your strengths", "what are your weaknesses"..Very typical behavioral questions for which you can easily prepare.