United Technologies Interview Questions in Hartford, CT | Glassdoor

2.8

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Information Technology Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies (Farmington, CT) in February 2017.

Interview

Contacted by HR for first round. However I couldn't make it on site and I was automatically put to the second round. The second round consisted of a 15 minute presentation of your interest, why UTC/ITLP, leadership experience, relevant work experience, etc. A question and answer dialogue followed. I was then given a behavioral interview with two IT employees and one HR employee. It was a simple interview and we really just talked about my past experiences and what I could bring to the table.

Interview Questions

UTC couldn't guarantee me the exposure I wanted (Information Security) so I went with an offer that did. UTC should create a better pipeline into different areas because they'll continue to lose talent if they don't.

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies (Hartford, CT) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview. 25 minutes with group lead and a colleague. Very friendly and to the point. Went over research experience and interests as well as given an overview of what the group did.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at United Technologies (Farmington, CT) in October 2016.

Interview

It was very easy going. They were very laid back. As a matter of fact, I asked them more questions than they asked me! After the interview, they introduced me to the other interns that work in the department. They told me that I would receive project geared towards my interest. I received the offer letter shortly after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose your major?
      What do you look for in an internship?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at United Technologies (Hartford, CT) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process involved a one-hour technical seminar, followed by a question and answer session. The interview process involved one-on-one technical interviews with the hiring manager and the group leader, and multiple panel interviews, which were also technical. This was followed by the HR interview. The process took an entire day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies (Farmington, CT) in October 2015.

Interview

First round interview was on my college campus. Lots of scripted questions and semi-intimidating interviewers. Second round interview was a Superday at the UTC campus. Two interviews in the morning, one group of interviewers were young and followed the scripted questions, another group were older and asked more resume-oriented and personality-oriented questions. Tour of campus in the afternoon. UTC covers hotel lodging and a dinner reception the night before the Superday and covers travel expenses.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you failed and how you recovered from it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies (Farmington, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

Very nice people who seem to genuinely want to get to know you. I interviewed at the corporate headquarters in Farmington. Interview lasted about 45 minutes and it is clear that they are passionate about their company so it would help to read up on the entire companies background before your interview (the different branches, types of operations etc.) i would definitely recommend UTC as a top notch place to work both for an internship as well as a career after college.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at United Technologies (Farmington, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was a friendly and engaging one, and the job responsibilities were articulated very clearly. Everything was very professional in nature, but not so over the top that it was intimidating to a student who didn't have a ton of interviewing experience beforehand.

Interview Questions

• As a college student, the interviewer was mostly just curious about my experiences in and out of the classroom to date. There wasn't any truly difficult question that caused me to really struggle to come up with an acceptable answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at United Technologies (Hartford, CT) in October 2014.

Interview

I interviewed on campus first. I was then invited to one of the company's two "Superday" interviews. Superday was two half hour interviews combined with a company tour.

Interview Questions

• Almost entirely behavioral questions. Some used only resume walk-through for the interview. One question that stood out - what do you think UTC needs to do in order to continue to grow and succeed?   Answer Question

Human Resources Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies (Hartford, CT) in August 2014.

Interview

They fly you out to CT, and on the first day you attend a mixer in which you meet the people interviewing you for the program. The following day you go to a facility in which you have breakfast, and lunch bc you interview all day. The interviewers will sit at your table. Be nice and smile although it is really unclear what they are looking for. I believe it is a way to make you more nervous than you already are.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral based questions, why should we hire you, what will you bring to the table, they will ask you about HR things. They don't ask much about the company   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at United Technologies (Farmington, CT) in August 2014.

Interview

I was an internal applicant (having been an intern already) so I was automatically invited to the super day. There were two interviews with two interviewers each. The first I had was with two guys from Pratt who were very (read: very) casual. We joked around about college athletics and golf the entire time. The second was with two women, one of whom was playing "bad cop" and asking the tough interview questions, which after the first interview i had I wasn't prepared for. The second woman, who manages the intern program for the finance org in her BU, who I expected to ask the tough questions didn't. We talked about her life and why she likes working where she does. Nobody asked me technical questions, or anything about the company. I do know that they may have already been prejudiced to an opinion, as my supervisor and my area FLP recruiter already wrote a review as part of my application package that I am sure they read over prior to my interview. Lastly, they told all of the interns that we would hear back with a decision by mid-September. I only heard back from them on October 1st...We were starting to think it was a little rude considering now is the time we are also not putting our eggs all in one basket, so to speak.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you worked in a group and it didn't work out.   1 Answer