United Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

United Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2017

2.9

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Technologies.

Interview

I was contacted by HR for the phone interview with manager. Interview went good, the manager was very responsive. Communication with HR was poor. I was asked for onsite interview but for more than two weeks i didnt get any further notice, so i asked HR firmly what was the status. I was told that the position was put on hold.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to my past experience, like, what i learned, what was my job, etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at United Technologies.

Interview

Internship interview, phone screen. They asked behavioral questions and my interests. The interview opportunity was obtained from an on-campus college career fair. The recruiters collected resumes, contact info, career interests, and then told us that they would make phone calls later that evening for an on-campus interview (limited slots). Or, alternatively, hiring managers would call us later for a phone screen if interested.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2016.

Interview

I got an email from the HR department that was followed up with a phone interview with the hiring manager. After the phone interview that leads to an in person interview. The hiring manger said they would have about 5 people come in for an in person interview.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at United Technologies (Riverside, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Overall process took 3+ months. Applied online, got an email less than 2 months later to schedule an onsite interview. Met with 4 key staff members in a conference room. Interviewers were very friendly and nice with their questions. The interview towards the end became more discussional and I became very relaxed. No out of ordinary question was asked. Most questions was based on stuff on resume.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of where you have to deal with task which changes multiple times a day?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies in October 2016.

Interview

To apply there is a lengthy online application that takes a while to fill out. The interviewing employee asked about manufacturing processes and some technical questions. Also asked about who I am.

Interview Questions

• What is lean manufacturing and how it's best implemented   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Interview

very short and did not feel engaged. very poor candidate experience. the process did not seem progressive. UTC must be missing out a lot of talent. the company probably has problem filling positions.

PM/BA Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies in July 2016.

Interview

Basic standard HR functional questions. The project is a dream project but that's it. From the little time I spent at their office it would be a good place to work if you want to go back in time to the 1970s. Business Casual and work life balance are what these folks consider innovative. It was apparently scandalous that the new CEO didn't wear a tie to the last company hands on. Salary they were offering was a very low for a dual role that will need to be hands on around the clock. If you go for an interview make sure they pay in advance for all travel. It's taken over a month and multiple emails just to get a response for how to submit travel expenses. Given how long it's taken, I'm sure I will be waiting a few months just to get a check back. People seem to work their for decades which probably why they have such a backwards way of thinking. Didn't strike me as a company that brought in new blood or embraced new ways of thinking. Was quite relived when I didn't get an offer. Recruiter told me I was too laid back and had the west coast IT shop vibe.

Interview Questions

• What is your ideal management style and work environment   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at United Technologies.

Interview

Applied in November did phone interview in March, flown to location and never heard back. Would have been a perfect fit for the position and got a positive feeling but they must have going in another direction though with 20 plus years of experience not sure what direction they went.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview question that I have asked people I hired for positions. Nothing out of left field.   Answer Question

Human Resources Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at United Technologies.

Interview

Networking session the night before. Hour long breakfast, 3 interviews (30 minutes each and they ask the same exact questions), panel of current HRLP, lunch overview of company and benefits

Interview Questions

• What role does HR play with the company's mission? Describe a time you took a risk. Only about 5 questions.   Answer Question

Financial Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies in October 2015.

Interview

No technical questions, all behavioral/situational. They are very proud that FLPs take on full-time responsibilities. Don't ask about continuing education (they advertise funding for mba or cpa) as they are trying to reduce those costs and didn't seem enthused about interest in candidates pursuing a cpa post-grad. Being nervous for this interview will not benefit. Basic questions were mixed in with questions to test interest in UTC.

Interview Questions

• Why finance? How quickly did you pick up accounting in your introductory classes? What makes you capable of moving every six months?   Answer Question