United Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

United Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2017

2.8

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Technologies.

Interview

I was contacted by HR for the phone interview with manager. Interview went good, the manager was very responsive. Communication with HR was poor. I was asked for onsite interview but for more than two weeks i didnt get any further notice, so i asked HR firmly what was the status. I was told that the position was put on hold.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to my past experience, like, what i learned, what was my job, etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at United Technologies.

Interview

Internship interview, phone screen. They asked behavioral questions and my interests. The interview opportunity was obtained from an on-campus college career fair. The recruiters collected resumes, contact info, career interests, and then told us that they would make phone calls later that evening for an on-campus interview (limited slots). Or, alternatively, hiring managers would call us later for a phone screen if interested.

Information Technology Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies (Farmington, CT) in February 2017.

Interview

Contacted by HR for first round. However I couldn't make it on site and I was automatically put to the second round. The second round consisted of a 15 minute presentation of your interest, why UTC/ITLP, leadership experience, relevant work experience, etc. A question and answer dialogue followed. I was then given a behavioral interview with two IT employees and one HR employee. It was a simple interview and we really just talked about my past experiences and what I could bring to the table.

Interview Questions

UTC couldn't guarantee me the exposure I wanted (Information Security) so I went with an offer that did. UTC should create a better pipeline into different areas because they'll continue to lose talent if they don't.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Technologies (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and interview process was telephonic. The whole process of hiring did not take more than a week. and I received offer after 5 days of my interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my past experience and whatever was on my Resume   Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies (Hartford, CT) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview. 25 minutes with group lead and a colleague. Very friendly and to the point. Went over research experience and interests as well as given an overview of what the group did.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2016.

Interview

I got an email from the HR department that was followed up with a phone interview with the hiring manager. After the phone interview that leads to an in person interview. The hiring manger said they would have about 5 people come in for an in person interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at United Technologies.

Interview

I was hired directly by the division chief technology officer during on-campus college interviewing. I then interviewed on site with application in hand and was able to meet with different development teams to find the best fit.

Interview Questions

• Would there be difficulties in working on government contracts   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at United Technologies (Riverside, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Overall process took 3+ months. Applied online, got an email less than 2 months later to schedule an onsite interview. Met with 4 key staff members in a conference room. Interviewers were very friendly and nice with their questions. The interview towards the end became more discussional and I became very relaxed. No out of ordinary question was asked. Most questions was based on stuff on resume.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of where you have to deal with task which changes multiple times a day?   1 Answer

Human Resources/LR Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through my university and went through a series of three interviews including one campus in-person interview & 2 phone interviews. They were relatively similar in terms of the questions asked and it was a very positive experience.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at United Technologies (Farmington, CT) in October 2016.

Interview

It was very easy going. They were very laid back. As a matter of fact, I asked them more questions than they asked me! After the interview, they introduced me to the other interns that work in the department. They told me that I would receive project geared towards my interest. I received the offer letter shortly after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose your major?
      What do you look for in an internship?
      Answer Question