United Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

United Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Oct 8, 2017

2.8

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at United Technologies.

Interview

Applied in November did phone interview in March, flown to location and never heard back. Would have been a perfect fit for the position and got a positive feeling but they must have going in another direction though with 20 plus years of experience not sure what direction they went.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview question that I have asked people I hired for positions. Nothing out of left field.   Answer Question

Associate Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at United Technologies (New Delhi (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

Excellent and very difficult interview conducted by highly renowned experts from various fields. Amazing and Fantastic. recommended to all especially to youngsters choosing to make a career in core electrical engineering.

ITLP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies (Hartford, CT) in November 2009.

Interview

They put you in a room with three other interviewers. Then there is a barrage of behavioral questions being thrown at you, as well as follow-up questions to all your answers. That is just the first interview. Then depending how you do, they follow up for another round of interviews, or decline you.

Interview Questions

• They are conflict related questions, whether interpersonal or project related.   Answer Question

OLP Rotational Program Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies.

Interview

Applied online and heard back a week later. Set up a phone interview and got asked basic behavioral questions. Heard back soon after that I would be flown out to headquarters for a day long interview process.

Senior Software Engineer for Java Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at United Technologies (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

I walked into their building in mind space . I waited for a half an hour before being interviewed. First round was pure technical. They made me to write programmes. I wrote programmes on 6 pages. Interview took an hour. And the senior architect took my another round. I told him that I never worked on design but he kept on asking me design question. Wasted my time. Better avoid taking interviews here.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United Technologies in October 2016.

Interview

To apply there is a lengthy online application that takes a while to fill out. The interviewing employee asked about manufacturing processes and some technical questions. Also asked about who I am.

Interview Questions

• What is lean manufacturing and how it's best implemented   Answer Question

Senior Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at United Technologies (Cork (Ireland)).

Interview

Introduction by senior manager to the company, had to present a technical research topic in front of technical audience, answer questions about it, then 2 hours of technical interview with 2 groups of 2 people about past experience and tech knowledge

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at United Technologies (Pune (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

This was an off campus process. The process took around 10 days in total. after submitting my resume and 2 rounds of online test i was called to the HR office for PI. The HR made me wait there for around 3 hours before my interview bega. the interview went on for around 40 mins where I was asked question about my previous employment and also why i chose to leave them.

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at United Technologies (Hyderabad (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

In UTC hiring process depends on the role and responsibility, Since the Lead engineer is a matured role it has total 3 rounds

1. HR will call and discuss about the role and schedule an interview for technical round and interview process kicks on.
    2. Technical
    3. Manager + Technical
    4. HR discussion

Interview Questions

• Briefly explain the framework used to automate the test case?   Answer Question

Chief Financial Officer of Joint Venture Company Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at United Technologies (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in October 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with Joint Venture General Manager and his boss and the VP Finance overseeing the business. The focus was on my past experience working as a CFO of another Joint Venture company in China with particular emphasis on leadership, recruitment and development of staff, management of working capital (inventory, accounts receivable and payable), financial planning and analysis, cost control and reduction, and teamwork with the management team.

Interview Questions

• What were my major achievements in a previous CFO role similar to the one for which I was applying.   Answer Question